If Lyoto Machida wins andersons silvas belt, his 2nd does that make Machida the best?

I hadnt thought of it, but lyoto would have to be top 4 of all time at that point.

Rampage would beat anderson? You cant be serious. And rua has always been much, much better than rampage

becuase fighter a being better than fighter b... this is fucking noob logic. STYLES MAKE FIGHTS. Rampage would take him down and out his lights out. hell if he catches anderson stand.... LIGHTS OUT.

Because he would of one a title at what is not his natural weight at 205 against Rashard Evans and then gone down to his natural weight and take out the guys who was never in trouble, never hurt, barely even hit and then knocked out twice... the so called greatest of all time in anderson silva.

Of course, im talking about Chris weidman.

Lyoto Machida wins belt at 205 where he is a chubby little shit, gets into good shape and beats the and beats the man the "greatest of all time" could not.

Brendan-Schaub

lyoto Machida> Anderson silva

Lyoto Machida will proberly win a few more contests in defense of the title after his title fight with Chris weidman also, even furthering the distance between him and Anderson silva.

Styles make fights. Lyoto never would have had any trouble with Sonnen. Anderson on the other hand has more diverse striking, movement & the ability to control a fight better than Lyoto.

Anderson wouldn't have struggled with Rampage, Hendo [As we saw] or Shogun [Both Rampage & Hendo don't utilise their grappling in a way which can threaten Anderson. Their one dimensional striking will leave them picked apart]. He may not have done as well against Davis.

You can't compare. If Weidman wins he will go on to crush Vitor. If Machida wins [And I think he will] - Vitor may end up taking the strap.

Styles make fights. Lyoto never would have had any trouble with Sonnen. Anderson on the other hand has more diverse striking, movement & the ability to control a fight better than Lyoto.

Anderson wouldn't have struggled with Rampage, Hendo [As we saw] or Shogun [Both Rampage & Hendo don't utilise their grappling in a way which can threaten Anderson. Their one dimensional striking will leave them picked apart]. He may not have done as well against Davis.

You can't compare. If Weidman wins he will go on to crush Vitor. If Machida wins [And I think he will] - Vitor may end up taking the strap.

Why wouldn't Rampage grapple? It would be the most obvious way to win. Even he is not that dumb, actually when Rampage was champion he showed how willing he was to go to the floor against a fellow feared striker in Henderson, takeing him down in 4 of the 5 rounds.. so why not against Anderson?

Why wouldn't Rampage grapple? It would be the most obvious way to win. Even he is not that dumb, actually when Rampage was champion he showed how willing he was to go to the floor against Henderson, takeing him down in 4 of the 5 rounds.. so why not against Anderson?

Because it isn't that easy. Rampage isn't a cardio based shoot fighter. Anderson has faced 10 wrestling based fighters during his streak in the UFC. He didn't lose until age 38 versus Chris Weidman. His lateral movement is far superior to rampage & Henderson. His striking is far too varied as well. It would be a very very tough night for Rampage.

We saw glimpses that Lyoto should have potentially taken that fight comfortably v Rampage. His reluctance to pull the trigger is another big difference between himself & Anderson. It's a big reason he has lost decisions he shouldn't have. It's also a big reason I believe he won't be in as much danger versus Chris.

Why? I was only really watching UFC at the time, they made a big deal about mach on commeraty for the hughes fight, but thats all i got. I watched pride from 2005... had to go back and catched up on what i missed.

It is what it is, i had no idea about any of it when i started, just watched what i watched....

In other words you aren't educated enough to be spouting such nonsense.

reading this thread and replies and wow Killme is stupid

Because he would of one a title at what is not his natural weight at 205 against Rashard Evans and then gone down to his natural weight and take out the guys who was never in trouble, never hurt, barely even hit and then knocked out twice... the so called greatest of all time in anderson silva.

So what you're saying is that Lyoto wins a second belt, he also becomes the champion two, because he had one a championship @ LHW, then another one @ MW meaning he becomes the champion two?

Of course, im talking about Chris weidman.

Lyoto Machida wins belt at 205 where he is a chubby little shit, gets into good shape and beats the and beats the man the"greatest of all time" could not.

Is this u TS?
original.jpg

Gotta have some title defenses to really be considered a champion so no he would not be considered the best.

In other words you aren't educated enough to be spouting such nonsense.

Im talking about Lyoto Machida being better than Anderson Silva, i have seen all of Anderson silvas fights, i have seen all of Lyoto Machidas fights. I think i am educated enough, thank you.

Gotta have some title defenses to really be considered a champion so no he would not be considered the best.

no, you have to win a title to be considered champion, that is how it works.

Rampage hates rasseling and just wants to stand and bang bro. What's the point in fans talking about who the goat might or might not be, but at the same time conspire as what might have happened 5 years ago if so and so fought at a weight class. You fools look like WWF nerds or pokemon trainers. Grow up and enjoy it as it happens

no, you have to win a title to be considered champion, that is how it works.

Did you not read the title to this thread? READING COMPREHENSION, that's how life works.
Trust me i'd love to fulfill your username and get rid of another mouthbreather. You're wasting space and taking up my air.

Rampage hates rasseling and just wants to stand and bang bro. What's the point in fans talking about who the goat might or might not be, but at the same time conspire as what might have happened 5 years ago if so and so fought at a weight class. You fools look like WWF nerds or pokemon trainers. Grow up and enjoy it as it happens

one, dont insult me. two when rampage was champion... which funny enough is the only time when anderson silva could of fought him for the CHAMPIONSHIP belt is when rampage had beaten chuck and then fought Henderson... like i said early, rampage took down henderson FOUR TIMES and in every round he won he got a takedown.

that is the guy anderson silva would be fighting for the title,

Did you not read the title to this thread? READING COMPREHENSION, that's how life works.
Trust me i'd love to fulfill your username and get rid of another mouthbreather. You're wasting space and taking up my air.

I wrote the title to the thread... genius.

Lol he made the thread I'm sure he has read it champ

It's a matter of what you value more.

Lyoto fought bigger and tougher competition with less defenses.
And anderson fought mostly smaller lesser competition competition but had more title defenses.

I tend to not care about title defenses and I just look at them as any other fight and I look more at who the guy is fighting.

Yeah how long ago dude? Also Silva fought Forrest as punishment from Dana for not engaging in his previous. Dana thought Forrest would hurt ando

It's a matter of what you value more.

Lyoto fought bigger and tougher competition with less defenses.
And anderson fought mostly smaller lesser competition competition but had more title defenses.

I tend to not care about title defenses and I just look at them as any other fight and I look more at who the guy is fighting.

What the fuck are you talking about? If you're the #1 guy in the world, of course you're always better than the #2 guy and your wins mean more. And Machida was never even consistently the #2 guy.

The Machida huggers on here are the most ridiculous ever. If he was so good, why wasn't he ever consistently the #1-2 guy in his divisions? Fact is Machida has been consistently ranked from #3 onward for the vast majority of his prime so in no way shape or form does his career deserve to be rated so highly, especially against guys who were the #1 guy in their division for vast periods of time. He has good wins, but they mean shit if you weren't the best in the world.

ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpg

The Machida huggers on here are the most ridiculous ever. If he was so good, why wasn't he ever consistently the #1-2 guy in his divisions? Fact is Machida has been consistently ranked from #3 onward for the vast majority of his prime so in no way shape or form does his career deserve to be rated so highly, especially against guys who were the #1 guy in their division for vast periods of time. He has good wins, but they mean shit if you weren't the best in the world.

Picture deleted from quote.

Yes Machida was only the best or 2nd for short periods of time.... but guess what? Go one guess.

No?

Machida was 20 POUNDS away from is natrual weight the whole time, just like at his frame at 185, he looks tiny... he was never a 205lber yet still had some great wins and won the title, defending it once.

so now he is at 185 and has done nothing but look extremly impressive getting himself great wins over 2 top fighters, and now he is about to get a win over Anderson silvas daddy.

how about that huh...

Back