If Lebron is physically gifted for MMA, then..

tenor.gif

Not a chance he wouldn't be a phenomenal wrestler.

Lol, there are so many factors at play bro. We always think the most of people's potential.

It's kind of moot though since I did say that football players are actually better suited than basketball players.

lmao just like lebron there was the narrative ronaldo would become champ with x months training. that guy would be the first person to cry after getting punched in the cage!
Athleticism and liking to fight are very different things. Lesnar showed that. Many athletic people can't take a punch.

You know that Lebron was an unbelievable wide receiver right in high school? He was good enough to have played anywhere, it was just pointless for schools to offer him a scholarship.

You are out to lunch man. This idea you have that Lebron is awkward and lanky is completely absurd. Calling him anything but a generational athlete (size, strength, speed, everything) is exposing yourself as an ignorant person that’s uneducated/inexperienced in sports in general. Period.

Again, I’m not even commenting on his potential as a fighter. What you’re saying is just flat out wrong.
Don’t take the bait man, white belt that just registered 4 days ago and is an obvious troll if you look at his post history.

Last edited:
People overrate LeBron's athleticism to a hilarious degree and underrate his hand-eye-coordination.

Basketball players aren't super humans. The best of them are very good athletes, but it's their hand-eye-coordination that sets them apart most from other people.

Athleticism and liking to fight are very different things. Lesnar showed that. Many athletic people can't take a punch.
lesnar still did pretty damn well. and he was sick for half his ufc career with diverticulitis. i think a prime healthy lesnar would have been a terror! i mean, he rallied back and subbed carwin just after surgery!! and that moment coming into the second round gave me my fav carwin gif. he is gassed as fuck, but still pulls off a mischievous and cheeky wink for shits and giggles.

UFC116-ShaneCarwinWink-300-sg.gif

lesnar still did pretty damn well. and he was sick for half his ufc career with diverticulitis. i think a prime healthy lesnar would have been a terror! i mean, he rallied back and subbed carwin just after surgery!! and that moment coming into the second round gave me my fav carwin gif. he is gassed as fuck, but still pulls off a mischievous and cheeky wink for shits and giggles.

Oh I was on the Lesnar train lol. I bought that card and marked out hard when he won. I watched Lesnar wrassle live at Wrestlemania 19 back in the day. Good times.

Lmao .... this isn’t gonna end until a top nba guy tries mma...... which will never happen. Funny thing is that the guys who talk about nba guys in the ufc have never competed/trained in any legit combat sport.

MMA, similarly to boxing (or even more so), is about as much as a battle of will compared to a battle of skill and athleticism. The whole point of MMA as a sport is to literally deal physical damage to your opponent, if not outright finish them via physical strikes to their body, something that not a lot of human beings are going to be willing to do for a living because different people tend to react differently to physical strikes.

Hell, if you guys seen the TUF season with Rashad and Rampage there were a couple of fighters there who played football before they came over to MMA and hell, only a couple of them (Matt Mitrione, Brendan Schaub) ended up with contracts. Hell, Marcus Jones, a 6'6 280lb guy got KTFO'd by Matt Mitrione.

I think that the first criteria for how an athlete would do in MMA is to test how he/she reacts to physical blows, and how they respond to physical pain because someone attacked them in the ring. Often times, they more or less would be averse to it; not giving a shit about it would be pretty rare, but it's definitely something of a sign that he/she has potential in it for sure.

Pre-USADA Lesnar does not count.

Being in successful in team sports doesn't mean you can do combat sports. The NBA players aren't even allowed to touch other players right now, they are extremely fragile.

The fix was in

Was it Tito Ortiz or Big Timmeh that said that 90% of the fight game was half mental and that 60% of the time, he worked out all the time?

Was it Tito Ortiz or Big Timmeh that said that 90% of the fight game was half mental and that 60% of the time, he worked out all the time?
Probably Tito? Sylvia looked like the guy who usually gets way out of shape when not in camp.

This seems like a pointless thread. Will probably get 10,000 replies.

The reason why people bring up LeBron, is cause he would theoretically fight at HW, where his athleticism would be on a completely different level than other HW's. Whereas someone like Nate Robinson, while incredibly athletic, wouldn't have as much of a gap in athleticism facing WW's/LW's.

Anyways, this whole argument is dumb. Yes, athleticism obviously helps with MMA. And no, it's obviously not the only ingredient you need to be a great fighter. All other things being equal (skill, training, technique, mentality, chin, cardio, etc), the better athlete will obviously be the better fighter. But that's it. Enough with this A-level athlete BS.
This. I love Brock but he should be a good example. Dude was the most athletic HW in quite some time. His combine numbers too were insane and he got his ass beat by Cain. And I don't think Brock ever beats him, the difference between skill is way too much.
Athleticism helps but skills acquired through a lifetime of training are far more important. Joe is an idiot for starting this but he himself said there is a fluidity to movement when a guy trains his whole life.
So no way a monster HW from another sport is going to be champ within six months. Brock himself was a high level wrestler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back