If Lebron is physically gifted for MMA, then..

You can say the same for Nate Robinson based on that logic. Nate is 5’9”, 180 pounds. Say if he can cut to 155 or 170 lbs, fully trained in MMA with the same athleticism he had during his peak, would he be just as prospected as a MMA threat like Lebron?

Athletically, Nate’s athleticism is equivalent to Lebron’s, if not more. Lebron just happens to be the better basketball player due to height and structure. 5’9” and 6’8” is a tremendous difference in any sport, especially basketball.

To conclude this logic, Lebron’s athleticism does not equate to being a potential gifted MMA fighter. Nate can do it now if he wants, but will he be trained to take a punch to the face? Like GSP said, fighting is 90% mental and 10% physical.

tenor.gif
Other sports have more "physically gifted" athletes. They don't have the tough PED testing the UFC does.

Why are so many fightfans so focused on every bs Joe Rogan says?
The guy isnt half as smart as he or his fans thinks he is.
He has proven multiple times that he absolutely no clue what he is talking about and his only references is some shit he read on the internet. Pure bro science like the morons on here arguing over this topic like they could prove or disprove what he said with some GIFS and two sentences.

We already have Wilder

Also, its much easier to become a top guy in combat sports.

why can't people just accept that guys go to sports that they're actually better suited for physically? it's like sitting here and saying "Bo Jackson would be a way better NBA player than LeBron because his athleticism is huge just IF ONLY HE WAS 6'8" if only LeBron grew up in Hawaii where everyone likes fighting more than most other sports he'd be GOAT.

if only if only.

It's mostly just fans having fun debating a very nebulous topic, much like GOAT, P4P etc.

"LeBron would be ideal for MMA "
It's a harmless assessment, it's one you can argue for or against.

Sure seems to get hardcores bent out of shape, though.
The assessment has a “ronda would beat Floyd” vibe to it.

Also lol @LESNAR

This guy got into Mma in his late 20s, was rich as fuck and the only way to bet him was via fast punches.Khabib pretty much reacted the same way as Lesnar, when he ate a left hook.

LeBron is the definition of once in a billion, but as long as he doesn't try this sport, we can't say he could become GOAT.

For example, Floyd is pretty much the black version of Cody but with a better chin and higher IQ, does this mean Floyd coul become champ? My gut says yes, but Floyd has to try MMA.

Oh and LeBron isn't a pussy, he's just playing the game (even soccer players abuse that). Is JDS a pussy too because he bitched out vs Ngannou? Roflmao. You guys sound like NFL fans.

If you look deeper, that doesn't need to be necessary true. He performs very good in one kind of sport that has specific demands. His muscles, metabilism etc are excellent for that kind of activity (percentage of explosive movements, duration of the game, rest periods etc. )

That doesn't mean he would be great in MMA. One big factor is wrestling. The energy type and demands for wrestling are different.

We had amazing guys that were quick, fast, explosive and flashy in HW, but when the get to the top10 and face grapplers...

Cool.

Why didn't you post some Muay Thai guy so you could have made your post look a bit stronger? Muay Thai guys fight 8-15 elite guys per year and unlike the baby's in UFC boxing, they don't cry when they are injured (Muay Thai fighters are always injuried)... There's levels to this game bro.

But my point still stands, the talent pool alone is uttr trash level compared to ballsportss.

Like GOAT Schaub said, combat sports are for guy who don't have a choice.

Cool.

Why didn't you post some Muay Thai guy so you could have made your post look a bit stronger? Muay Thai guys fight 8-15 elite guys per year and unlike the baby's in UFC boxing, they don't cry when they are injured (Muay Thai fighters are always injuried)... There's levels to this game bro.

But my point still stands, the talent pool alone is uttr trash level compared to ballsportss.

Like GOAT Schaub said, combat sports are for guy who don't have a choice.

Nevermind, obviously just a troll.

Go watch some badass ball sports then.

Lmao .... this isn’t gonna end until a top nba guy tries mma...... which will never happen. Funny thing is that the guys who talk about nba guys in the ufc have never competed/trained in any legit combat sport.
I have most of my life and I believe that LeBron is a generational athlete that with proper training would be a fucking world beater. Also to be clear I’ve trained all over including with the Blackzilians for two years starting for Rashad’s camp vs Jones which was pre Jaco training facility at Imperial Athletics.
source.gif

Nevermind, obviously just a troll.

Go watch some badass ball sports then.
There's still levels when it come to combat sports. Pretty much the oy reason why Cejduo went to MMA, was because he realized that he would be a trash amateur boxer and he was already old as fuck.

Muay Thai IMHO is the hardest combat sports if you want to become a top guy (compared to other combat sports)

I've been a combat fan since day 1, but the difference between me and you is, I'm not an insecure fan and I realized the talent pool of combat sports is trash compared to ballsports.

Good bye sir.

There's still levels when it come to combat sports. Pretty much the oy reason why Cejduo went to MMA, was because he realized that he would be a trash amateur boxer and he was already old as fuck.

Muay Thai IMHO is the hardest combat sports if you want to become a top guy (compared to other combat sports)

I've been a combat fan since day 1, but the difference between me and you is, I'm not an insecure fan and I realized the talent pool of combat sports is trash compared to ballsports.

Good bye sir.

So? Take Muay Thai guys then, that doesn't change anything about your statement that its much easier to be at the top in combat sports.

Combat training is so much more grueling and painful than other sports. There is more to it than just running faster or jumping higher than everyone else. You can't just compare the talent pools and say A is harder than B, they are completely different.

You can say the same for Nate Robinson based on that logic. Nate is 5’9”, 180 pounds. Say if he can cut to 155 or 170 lbs, fully trained in MMA with the same athleticism he had during his peak, would he be just as prospected as a MMA threat like Lebron?

Athletically, Nate’s athleticism is equivalent to Lebron’s, if not more. Lebron just happens to be the better basketball player due to height and structure. 5’9” and 6’8” is a tremendous difference in any sport, especially basketball.

To conclude this logic, Lebron’s athleticism does not equate to being a potential gifted MMA fighter. Nate can do it now if he wants, but will he be trained to take a punch to the face? Like GSP said, fighting is 90% mental and 10% physical.

tenor.gif
This sh*t again?

Great he can jump and dunk a ball.

Yes athleticism is a big part if MMA but it is only one of many variables

Basically a lot of Sherdoggers think any athletic and explosive athletes of the NBA or NFL variety can be champion in (insert weight class) with 6 months of training

Look at that head movement
tenor.gif

Prime Machida-esque elusiveness
9dc4789e8f22e8a2a91110d8f4d7886a.gif
Lebron is such a bitch. I'd love to see someone knock his ass out. Dirty player. Fuck him.

MJ >>>>>>>>> Lebron.

Derrick Lewis would send Lebron back to the NBA with CTE, crying to bounce his ball instead.

Lebron is such a bitch. I'd love to see someone knock his ass out. Dirty player. Fuck him.

MJ >>>>>>>>> Lebron.

Derrick Lewis would send Lebron back to the NBA with CTE, crying to bounce his ball instead.

Lewis lost vs Fucking mittrone.

Also Fury and Lebron would lose vs 100lbs girls right now, but at least Lebron never lost vs a trash guy and Fury was never scared of a man.

But I would still love to see a young Lebron in Boxing, so he can KO Furys head to his ass (this guy beat wilder :()

tenor.gif

Athleticism tends to be very sport specific. There are a few guys like Bo Jackson who were able to do more than one sport at the highest level, but not many. Even Michael Jordan couldn't do both baseball and basketball at the top pro-level.

Wilt Chamberlain (arguably more gifted than even Lebron) was going to try boxing Muhammad Ali, but according to his book decided against it because he realized he would probably be embarrassed (he didn't mind losing or being hit, but being humiliated was something he didn't want) -- he said he knew he'd embarrass Ali on the basketball court, but realized Ali would do the same to him in the ring.

Not that anyone in MMA has anything like the talent Ali had for fighting, but the idea is still there -- Wilt had better talent for basketball, Ali for boxing. Athleticism is sport specific.

Lewis lost vs Fucking mittrone.

Also Fury and Lebron would lose vs 100lbs girls right now, but at least Lebron never lost vs a trash guy and Fury was never scared of a man.

But I would still love to see a young Lebron in Boxing, so he can KO Furys head to his ass (this guy beat wilder :()
Lebron would get murdered by Black Beast. Lebron would quit the moment an actual fighter punched him in his little bitch face

He would lose to worse fighters than Derrick Lewis. Hell, get Schaub out of retirement. 100 bucks says he puts Lebron away inside 5 minutes

Back