• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Jose Aldo pulled out tomorrow, how would you remember him?

As the last of the explosive brawling type strikers before skilled technicians began to phase out the all offense-no defense style of older MMA striking.
See Mcgregor vs Aldo.
See both Holloway vs Aldo fights.
Skilled boxers might beat "brawlers", but they'll get destroyed by highly skilled wrestlers.

Aldo excelled because he was/is a skilled striker with the best TDD MMA has ever seen.

Holloway and conor are better strikers, obviously. But they've yet to put a resume together like Aldo, and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose to a wrestler/grappler long before Aldo lost his belt.

random ass thread
but
best mma fighter of all time and number 3 on my list of favorite fighters ever only behind the Marvelous One & RJJ

I've also heard he's a pretty good guy, humble, takes care of his family and a good role model. Good brotha.

but both conor images relates to him calling Khabib a pull out merchant

not conor being one

Yeah, I know it's from him talking and not fighting. Conor is too much of a coward to book a title defense to have to pull out of in the first place.

great fighter .. Seems his downfall is these younger and bigger guys coming through ..

time for max to move up IMO .. He has excellent fights up there but seems to be avoiding the wrestlers

The "King" who was turned into the Joker in 13 seconds and then into the delusional crybaby who thought he was still champ. Oh yeah and the pro athelete who couldn't carry his piss sample without spilling the majority of it......probably cause it was too "hot".

Last edited:
How long did he go undefeated - in years and fights?

How many times did he defend the title?

He is GOAT regardless of what happens now at the end of his career.

Featherweight GOAT

"18 fight win streak, 9 title defenses", like someone said.

If you believe the man was surpassed by Conor or Max just because he was defeated after a decade of wins and defenses and not ducking and fighting the best, you are simply wrong. Max needs at least 3 defenses to be in the discussion. And probably his winning streak will end this week.

Back