• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Jose Aldo pulled out tomorrow, how would you remember him?

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
As one of the best, or are you of the mindset that you are only as good as your last few fights?

FW GOAT, one of the GOATs.

WEC FW champ, 2X UFC FW champ

18 fight win streak, 9 title defenses

Perhaps the best resume ever consisting of numerous well rounded fighters including prime Frankie 2X and prime Mendes 2X.

Pulled out of what?

he created this

markhominick_display_image.jpg

This is how Jose will be remembered by the masses, if at all

amYMuMc.jpg

as the butt end of Conor jokes

A fighter once considered great by many that was exposed once he started fighting legit comp and went 1-3 in his last 4, being finished all 3 times.

Top 20 GOAT.

I'd try to remember WEC Aldo and block out bitter whining Aldo of later years.

As the FW GOAT who had a long and impressive reign before falling off.

I will remember all the destroyed fight cards and pull outs. I will remember him pulling out of the biggest MMA event in the history of the world after 6 months of a world tour, and then rooting for his replacement. lol. I will remember him having a teammate arrest and detain a drug tester, and then remember him going AWOL for a few days and when he finally pissed in a cup he 'dropped' it on the floor. Then I will remember all the crying and whining.

Then I will remember 13 glorious seconds.

Last edited:
Top 5 All-Time
Greatest Featherweight ever
Top 5 MMA Strikers ever in his prime
Top 3 best leg kicks ever in his prime
Top 2 best takedown defense ever
One of the most feared fighters ever in his prime

Still one of my favorite MMA moments ever was his walk-out in Sacramento for the Uriah Faber fight.

#1 FW for 6 years straight with 9 defenses.

Back