• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Jose Aldo pulled out tomorrow, how would you remember him?

maxresdefault.jpg

aldo.gif

This is how Jose will be remembered by the masses, if at all

amYMuMc.jpg

as the butt end of Conor jokes
Holy shit!! that is legitimately what comes up in images when you google pull out merchant! someone who was very bored with alot of time on their hands put in some good work

What did he do wrong during the Conor fights? Think he was going to win? What an evil little man

His problem for me is chasing USADA from Brazil at gun point then pulling out of the fight.

Sending his Prince to try and take out Conor instead.

Losing in 13 seconds to me isn't a big deal. Anyone can get caught.

Screaming anytime anywhere for a rematch...even in the street... then turning down the rematch..... yuck

As the guy Conor smoked in 13 seconds.

Nah he was a beast in his prime. His run in WEC was legendary and then to continue it in the UFC for a while... However, he shouldn't be anywhere near a goat talk. Even in the FW division

As the 13 second KO guy. He will always be remembered for that unless he beats Conor.

his florian win is good as well.

Florian, Pequeno (his first WEC fight), Cub. The "worst" fighters he's faced since becoming a champ were Manny and Hominick. Both who were good fighters. Aldo has faced a who's who at 145 lbs for decade +, but somehow, according to people on these forums, he didn't face legit comp until Conor. LOL.

Florian, Pequeno (his first WEC fight), Cub. The "worst" fighters he's faced since becoming a champ were Manny and Hominick. Both who were good fighters. Aldo has faced a who's who at 145 lbs for decade +, but somehow, according to people on these forums, he didn't face legit comp until Conor. LOL.
id love to see him get his revenge on conor but it wont happen and, imo, conor is a bad matchup for him unless he used leg kicks and more of his grappling. he hasnt used either of those in a while

Legend in the sport. Future HoF fighter. Great guy. Super skilled. Bald.

id love to see him get his revenge on conor but it wont happen and, imo, conor is a bad matchup for him unless he used leg kicks and more of his grappling. he hasnt used either of those in a while

for sure, if he tries to box with Conor he'd probably get KO'd again. He's slower and doesn't have the reaction time that he did when he was stopping everyone left and right in WEC. Nor the chin anymore. Either way, he lost to Conor, I was there live for the fight, I saw it happen with my own two eyes. I knew he was out before he hit the ground. He's lost to Max twice. No shame in losing to those guys, especially at this stage of his career.

But losses don't somehow take away all the wins and high's he has had in his career. MMA fans might be the most fickle and fake fans in the history of sports. I mean, even WWE fans aren't this dumb.

How are people this stupid? Frankie isn't legit comp? Mendes? KZ? Lamas? Faber? MTB? These guys arent legit comp huh?

You should be banned for your stupidity.

You should keep the discussion civilized and away from personal attacks as it really undermines your credibility.

All those fighters are from the old guard, some good names, sure. Aldo started losing at 29-30, so surely he was still in his prime. McGregor got in his head deep, cracked that chin and Aldo is now a 1-3 mess. Legacies are about careers from A to Z, Aldo's isn't over and he's rapidly tarnishing it.

for sure, if he tries to box with Conor he'd probably get KO'd again. He's slower and doesn't have the reaction time that he did when he was stopping everyone left and right in WEC. Nor the chin anymore. Either way, he lost to Conor, I was there live for the fight, I saw it happen with my own two eyes. I knew he was out before he hit the ground. He's lost to Max twice. No shame in losing to those guys, especially at this stage of his career.

But losses don't somehow take away all the wins and high's he has had in his career. MMA fans might be the most fickle and fake fans in the history of sports. I mean, even WWE fans aren't this dumb.
he looked fine in both max fights imo, max just has an iron chin and gas tank. not to mention the youth on his side. hes on the come up while aldo peaked already and is in the twilight of his career.

You should keep the discussion civilized and away from personal attacks as it really undermines your credibility.

All those fighters are from the old guard, some good names, sure. Aldo started losing at 29-30, so surely he was still in his prime. McGregor got in his head deep, cracked that chin and Aldo is now a 1-3 mess. Legacies are about careers from A to Z, Aldo's isn't over and he's rapidly tarnishing it.

"old guard", those were top fighters of their era (and some are still highly ranked today). He's not tarnishing his legacy because he lost to Max or Conor. Lol wtf.

Also, you must be one of those simpletons that think everyone ages the same way. Aldo has been fighting at the highest levels of MMA. He was roughly 22 when he came into the WEC. For 7 years he fought all of the best the division had to offer. You do realize 7 years at the top is almost impossible right? He's been in the fight game since he was 18 years old. People age differently. Not everyone is Randy Couture (and he was kept afloat due to HGH and whatever else he pumped his body with). Not everyone fights at a high level into their 40s. If he loses to Stephens, then continues to get beat by guys ranked lower than that (and losing to Jeremy right now isn't even bad considering how good he has looked in the last 2 years), maybe he will. But lol @ saying he's tarnishing his legacy because he's lost to guys in title fights. If this doesn't get through to you, then you sir, are stupid.

he looked fine in both max fights imo, max just has an iron chin and gas tank. not to mention the youth on his side. hes on the come up while aldo peaked already and is in the twilight of his career.

agreed, I don't expect every fighter to be undefeated forever. At some point, the next guy will make his presence felt and that's that. Nobody retires on top, besides GSP.

As the last of the explosive brawling type strikers before skilled technicians began to phase out the all offense-no defense style of older MMA striking.
See Mcgregor vs Aldo.
See both Holloway vs Aldo fights.

As one of the best, or are you of the mindset that you are only as good as your last few fights?
Easily one of the GOATs. Every champ eventually loses, and he was one of the best champs ever.

Back