If Jones beats Glover and then Gus in the rematch

IceAndFire**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Would his title reign be considered the GOAT? Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor, Chael, Gusx2 and then Glover. While I agree that Vitor and Chael were gimme fights, the rest of them are a murderers row.

i came across a fisherman with the bait on his rod and the rod in his hand, waiting to greet the day

Jones title reign is already GOAT in my eyes. Like you said, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor, Chael are tough guys that Jones dwarfed.

The Gus fight just solidified it for me, because he was in deep trouble in the fight and still managed to win it (for me anyways).

Nah. Georges' has been better and going on a lot longer.

Would his title reign be considered the GOAT? Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor, Chael, Gusx2 and then Glover. While I agree that Vitor and Chael were gimme fights, the rest of them are a murderers row.

Jones just needs time. That is all he is lacking at the moment to be GOAT.

So when the Hell does anybot consider a fight with Sonnen or Belfort an easy fight? They would smash a lot of 205 lbers.

Yup, like said above Jones just needs time. He already has the wins. Jones is a active champ so it didn`t take him long to get that awesome resume.

He's already the LHW GOAT. If he has a successful move to HW he can be considered GOAT of the entire sport. His resume is crazy when you look at it. Beat every who's who of the LHW division.

So when the Hell does anybot consider a fight with Sonnen or Belfort an easy fight? They would smash a lot of 205 lbers.

I totally agree. Look at what Belfort has done since. Sonnen annihilated Shogun the former champion.

Also people used to think that light heavyweight was a stacked division. The only reason it is no longer considered so is because Bones has smashed them all.

Machida was a gimme fight too.

Also, if you're assuming Chael was a gimme fight, then Shogun was too as Chael beat him easier and faster than Jones did

I totally agree. Look at what Belfort has done since. Sonnen annihilated Shogun the former champion.

Also people used to think that light heavyweight was a stacked division. The only reason it is no longer considered so is because Bones has smashed them all.

Ironically his haters and nay-sayers still attempt to discredit him by claiming his division was weak all along. Oh sherdoggers never cease to amuse me with their infallible logic.

Is there anyone besides Gus that Vitor and Chael wouldn't have a decent shot of beating? Vitor might very well be the 3rd best fighter at 205.

A lot of what ifs for me. There's what he's done and hasn't done. Nothing else.

What if Gus beats the shit out of him again?

1) Jones is already GOAT
2) Sonnen and Belfort are NEVER gimmie fights
3) Gus won

IMO Jones has been the GOAT since he beat Rashad and with every additional fight the argument against him has become less and less credible. If Jones beats Glover and Gus all that would be left is the Phil Davis fight and any by then new contenders.

Machida was a gimme fight too.

Also, if you're assuming Chael was a gimme fight, then Shogun was too as Chael beat him easier and faster than Jones did

Please explain that. When they fought he had two losses and was considered to be the LHW w/ the best chance to beat Jones.

That's cray

Jones title reign is already GOAT in my eyes. Like you said, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor, Chael are tough guys that Jones dwarfed.

The Gus fight just solidified it for me, because he was in deep trouble in the fight and still managed to win it (for me anyways).

Really you jones nutthuggers give way too much credit to these fighters in this division. The LHW division was the weakest at that time many fighters past their prime and natural mw. Let go of goat talk already.

GOAT is thrown around so much it's getting ridiculous. He is the goat at LHW but not the best.

Back