If Jones beats Glover and then Gus in the rematch

So when the Hell does anybot consider a fight with Sonnen or Belfort an easy fight? They would smash a lot of 205 lbers.

They were. Obviously they were good but they aren't top 205ers and didn't deserve title shots. Sonnen doesn't beat anyone that's in the top 10, not even Shogun in a rematch. Even Sonnen admitted that Shogun just got caught.

They were. Obviously they were good but they aren't top 205ers and didn't deserve title shots. Sonnen doesn't beat anyone that's in the top 10, not even Shogun in a rematch. Even Sonnen admitted that Shogun just got caught.

As much as I believe Shogun got caught, I doubt he wins a rematch. Sonnen is a bad match up for him. Shogun has THE WORST TDD at LHW, and questionable cardio/conditioning at times. Sonnen UD. This coming from someone who loves Shogun and strongly dislikes Sonnen

Would his title reign be considered the GOAT? Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor, Chael, Gusx2 and then Glover. While I agree that Vitor and Chael were gimme fights, the rest of them are a murderers row.

Davis is the objective number 1 contender in the division.

Get back to me, when hes beaten him.

Now seeing as Shogun fought hurt really bad against Forrest and killed him in the rematch I can certainty see people making excuses for that loss and I'm inclined to agree. With the Jones fight though there is none Shogun said he was 100% and he was coming off a long layoff which is a positive coming off a knee surgery. At the time I though Shogun would win that fight and a lot of people did to you can't just say a fighters hurt every time they lose that's what Tito does.

I see your point, but I still think that goes back to Shogun being hot and cold. Not necessarily 100% healthy or not.

You clearly don't know Sherdog very well. Machida is anything but popular around here.

Anyway. He took the first Jones fight on short notice, doesn't excuse his performance but going back and saying he didn't deserve it when he was the highest ranked fighter available to take it is a bit misleading. Did he deserve a title shot if all the contenders were around? No. But nobody available deserved one more than he did and he presented an interesting challenge to Jones.

It actually doesn't even fit the bill of a gimme fight. Like, you need to reevaluate your definition of a gimme fight. It's not a fight that somebody didn't deserve. It's a fight where somebody was expected win overwhelmingly, as if the result was a forgone conclusion, so the only thing that matters is the skillsets. Whether or not Machida deserved the shot or not is irrelevant.

I do know Sherdog. Anytime you badmouth Machida, legions of fans come pouring out. I don't understand it and don't pretend to as he's boring as hell but to each their own.

Also, Machida did not take the Jones fight on short notice. That is a lie that has been distributed around here by his nuthuggers to excuse his performance. The Jones/Machida fight was announced the first week on October for a fight on December 9th. That's 2 months time, and a full camp. That's not short notice. If anybody took the fight on short notice, it was Jones who had just fought Rampage 2 weeks prior while Machida hadn't fought since April.

Also, I never said that was my definition of a gimme fight. If you read carefully, I used the TS's definition.

Back