if James Toney is worth 500k why not Nick Diaz?

thug lifestyle bro

also James Toney vs Daniel Cormier would be a great matchup

They don't want to raise the standard pay for mid-tier fighters that much. With Tony it was acceptable because it was a novelty situation.

This. If they pay Diaz 500k they will most likely have mutiny on their hands as fighters who have done better than Diaz recently will all be asking for large pay increases. It sets a precedent that fighters can hold out and eventually they will get paid huge even if they are under contract. Zuffa knows this and therefore won't cave to Diaz's desires.

Pay Nick Diaz 500K and then expect a lot of other deserving and better fighters asking for a raise. UFC doesn't want that.

1362498968618.jpg

it's up to uncle dana. if he says diaz isn't worth 500k, he's not worth it since he's the one signing the paycheck.

if James Toney is worth 500k why not Nik Lentz?

He's ranked #9 in the world, unlike Nick Diaz who is unranked.

Please try to explain how Nik Lentz is not worth more than Nick Diaz or James Toney, because I have a real tough time understanding how the world works :(

Since when is Lentz better than Nick Diaz? Please explain how...

Seriously, a washed up (fat) old boxer, and a real mma champion in his prime.

I understand Nick wants multiple fights at this amount of money but if it was just one fight is he worth it? Wouldn't he perform much better than toney?

discuss.

Nick Diaz was never a legit champion

The point of the Toney fight was to humiliate a well known boxer.

It might cut into DFW's million dollar gambling nights in Vegas.

I'm trying to wrap my head around how people can justify defending a 500k payday for Nick.

Entertaining fighter, fun to watch and even more fun to listen to, his mumbling rants are the highlight of my days. But what ever happened to ... earning it? What's he done other than lose twice, quit MMA multiple times, talk shit, miss press conferences and whine? Not a 500k payday does that make as far as I'm concerned...

James Toney was brought into prove a point. A silly point proved in a silly way, but still.

It goes by PPV buys. The more popular you are, the higher the pay. It's not that hard to understand.

If you can't get PPV buys, you aren't worth nothing. Fitch, Okami, Shields.......

BS. If the fighter wasn't worth anything the ufc wouldn't be making a profit. Show me the show they put on and took a loss.

Only 4% of the money the ufc makes goes to fighter pay.

if James Toney is worth 500k why not Nik Lentz?

He's ranked #9 in the world, unlike Nick Diaz who is unranked.

Please try to explain how Nik Lentz is not worth more than Nick Diaz or James Toney, because I have a real tough time understanding how the world works :(
no one knows who nik lentz is. does that help?

It's not about the money now. Nick has turned down everything fight they have offered him.

He wants a title match against Hendricks or a fight against Anderson Silva. The latter may happen eventually but he's not going to leap frog the division and I'm glad the UFC is sticking with that.

Diaz just doesn't want to fight.

lol at Nik Lentz. You people are stupid.

Back