if James Toney is worth 500k why not Nick Diaz?

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Seriously, a washed up (fat) old boxer, and a real mma champion in his prime.

I understand Nick wants multiple fights at this amount of money but if it was just one fight is he worth it? Wouldn't he perform much better than toney?

discuss.

They don't want to raise the standard pay for mid-tier fighters that much. With Tony it was acceptable because it was a novelty situation.

if James Toney is worth 500k why not Nik Lentz?

He's ranked #9 in the world, unlike Nick Diaz who is unranked.

Please try to explain how Nik Lentz is not worth more than Nick Diaz or James Toney, because I have a real tough time understanding how the world works :(

Seriously, a washed up (fat) old boxer, and a real mma champion in his prime.

I understand Nick wants multiple fights at this amount of money but if it was just one fight is he worth it? Wouldn't he perform much better than toney?

discuss.

The request isn't the problem per se. First of all, Diaz probably made more than 500K for the GSP fight. So he probably wants 500K guaranteed and then PPV points or something.

All that is baseless speculation on my part. More to the point though, UFC can't allow either Diaz to hold out for more money. Dangerous precedent.

What is to stop Jon Jones, Ronda etc. from doing the same if it works?

Diaz bros are doing the right thing. But so is the UFC.

Dana White paid Toney $500k so people can forget this ever happened. His former champion getting KO'ed by a boxer in an MMA match.

b7eul1.gif

Nick Diaz acts like he don't get paid enough take a look back at his fight with GSP . Based on his fight with condit he was garunteed 200k to step in the cage plus say $1-2 per ppv buy as revenue for headlining puts his earnings for the bout in the range of 1.15 mil -2.1mil atleast .

An old retired boxer got people and the media talking about MMA, hopefully it brought some new fans to the sport. Diaz isn't bringing anything new, just loyal MMA fans that will either stream/buy the PPV like they would with every other fight

the toney vs couture fight was about pride and a show of true dominance many boxers were saying that boxing would dominate due to the fear that boxing was decreasing in ratings

It was for one fight though and to show the world that an mma fighter can beat a boxer.

James Toney was a STAR. Also, Dana is a huge mark for has-been boxers.

Plus, Nick Diaz had no leverage when he came to UFC (Bellator wasn't on Spike at the time).

Toney was a one time thing.

And Diaz fans can't afford to buy PPV's.

Anyone who cares about nick is already watching.

Back