If Henderson wins the mw belt and retires

They have a situation where they could hold a tourney to even out do the Pride 2003 - 2005 tourneys but as fucking if the UFC would do that.

They'd probably do Jacare vs Romero II or something for the vacant belt.

They'd probably do Jacare vs Romero II or something for the vacant belt.
This would be the most logical and the one fight i would prefer but don't be surprised if we get Rockhold V Weidman or Bisping V Rockhold 3 for the vacant belt

This would be the most logical and the one fight i would prefer but don't be surprised if we get Rockhold V Weidman or Bisping V Rockhold 3 for the vacant belt
Anyone who loses the belt to Hendo at this point isn't gonna be back in title contention without another fight first. But you're right, they probably won't do the logical thing.

I see your point but no it's not. It's an entertainment franchise that promotes favoritism in it's title matchups. In a TOURNAMENT when you lose you don't get a rematch and you don't get to cherry pick favorable matchups.
Ok but it's not all an entertainment franchise. Like I said Bisping wants to avenge a loss and it's his choice to do so, plus this is good for the business.

I understand you like tourneys better and want to keep this as least personal as possible, but tourneys all the time would just make the ufc lackluster and boring. There would definitely be less interest from the average fan.

Take McGregor vs Nate Diaz. They are just fighters at heart. People would much rather see 2 people try their best to end the fight. Tourneys don't offer this.

Take Fedor as an older example, and a reason why he is still a draw. He tried ending the fight in every minute. Huge draw. When you watch him fight it still seems he has that mindset.

Awesome idea and great marketing concept. But the ufc won't do it.

Rockhold Weidman 2 for vacant mw title

That logic only applies if Hendo beats the top MW. Beating Bisping might give him the belt, but everyone knows this whole thing is a joke now.

So Rockhold wasn't the top MW when Bisping emphatically knocked him out in the first round?

Bisping is the champ.

He would not. Hendo likes money, and he knows as champ he'd make more money so hed milk that for as long as he could.

So Rockhold wasn't the top MW when Bisping emphatically knocked him out in the first round?

Bisping is the champ.

No one believes Bisping is the best fighter in his division, any more than they did with Serra.

Bisping is the champ.
Of course he's the champ. He got lucky in more ways than one. But he's not the best fighter in the division.

I would copy the super six that boxing had few years ago.

Top 8 fighters at MW fighting against each other over 2 years. Whoever comes on top is the legit champ.

Yoel
Jacare
Weidman
Rockhold
Bisping
Mousasi
Anderson
Uriah Hall

With Kennedy and Whittaker as possible replacements if someone gets injured for a longer time.

2 groups of 4 fighters each fighting against each other (that's 3 fights for a single fighter), semi finals, final. 5 rounds all together, it would be doable over 2.5 years max. Other guys in the division fight for the #1 contender spot.

Yea I'd like that too. Only problem is your looking at 3 nights of fights, with 3-4 months in-between each one, and then the injury chance goes up 10 fold. Now, if we wanna go old school and make this a 1 night 8 man MW tourney, then FUCK yes. It will never happen, but I'd pay double for that ppv if it did.

Hells to the yes... DO IT DANA!!! How badass would it be in a Friday/Saturday event... Double price PPV, But split the fights up between the two days, 1 weigh in, and in between matches have fluffer fights just like any other UFC card to fill the 11-12 fight roster each day... Main event Day 1 could be any high profile fight at any weight... Day 2 its the MW title fight. I'd shell out $100 for that.

if you remember the old ufc tournaments, the injury rate was huge. they had alternates, and at the end of one, literally everyone was injured and there was no final match. think it was coleman who won it.
would you do 2 or 3 months between rounds?

I'll be happy for him. I hope he puts Bisping back in the carbonite.
20130323184621-1ec183af.jpg

Not realalistic due to injuries. At least we can dream
They can have replacements on standby. Strikeforce HW grand prix had them. Hell Cormier was a replacement for Overeem and won the whole thing.

Awesome idea and great marketing concept. But the ufc won't do it.

Rockhold Weidman 2 for vacant mw title
And why should the two who already lost their belt get the titleshots? Might as well let Bisping ref that fight lol

If Hendo wins the belt he should fight Jacare first.

Back