If Henderson wins the mw belt and retires

Filthymaggot

Badger Milk is not a PED.
@Brown
Reaction score
Would you like to see the ufc do a MW Tourney for the belt? They could put the top 8 on the roster in a bracket, even do a lottery drawing for matchups. I think it would be epic and fair to all the top guys who think they deserve a shot.

I would love it but the UFC doesn't have the stones to hold a huge tournament. A real one not like TUF.

I posted about exactly this in a thread earlier. I think it should be a 4 man tourney between Yoel, Jacare, Weidman, and Rockhold. I'd put the first round as Yoel vs. Rockhold and Jacare vs. Weidman since those fights haven't happened yet.

It's a brilliant idea and I'd love to see it, but I dont think the UFC would do that. Sadly.

I posted about exactly this in a thread earlier. I think it should be a 4 man tourney between Yoel, Jacare, Weidman, and Rockhold. I'd put the first round as Yoel vs. Rockhold and Jacare vs. Weidman since those fights haven't happened yet.
I put 8 cause I'd put Moose, Bisping, Hall, and whitaker in there as well. Gotta have a few dark horses. Lol

I wouldnt put Silva or Belfort in for obvious reasons at this point.

It's a brilliant idea and I'd love to see it, but I dont think the UFC would do that. Sadly.
It's kinda sad cause it would bring casuals in and would bring excitement to the division. The strikeforce HW tourney was very successful.

It's kinda sad cause it would bring casuals in and would bring excitement to the division. The strikeforce HW tourney was very successful.

As was the Super Six in boxing a few years earlier.

Tourneys are great. Dont know why Dana & co appear to look down on them.

For me, the Pride MW Grand Prix of 2005 has been THE all-time high of this sport.

I put 8 cause I'd put Moose, Bisping, Hall, and whitaker in there as well. Gotta have a few dark horses. Lol

I wouldnt put Silva or Belfort in for obvious reasons at this point.

Yea I'd like that too. Only problem is your looking at 3 nights of fights, with 3-4 months in-between each one, and then the injury chance goes up 10 fold. Now, if we wanna go old school and make this a 1 night 8 man MW tourney, then FUCK yes. It will never happen, but I'd pay double for that ppv if it did.

Then Anderson is again number one because he beat Hendo in the first round.

This was a joke btw. Probably not a good one.

As was the Super Six in boxing a few years earlier.

Tourneys are great. Dont know why Dana & co appear to look down on them.

For me, the Pride MW Grand Prix of 2005 has been THE all-time high of this sport.
That was the one that Shogun won right? I remember it had EVERYONE in it. Fucking amazing.

Then Anderson is again number one because he beat Hendo in the first round.

This was a joke btw. Probably not a good one.
Thought he beat hendo in the second round though? ;)

Yea I'd like that too. Only problem is your looking at 3 nights of fights, with 3-4 months in-between each one, and then the injury chance goes up 10 fold. Now, if we wanna go old school and make this a 1 night 8 man MW tourney, then FUCK yes. It will never happen, but I'd pay double for that ppv if it did.
Yeah, it would take some time...which isn't ideal, but would be worth it in the end i think.

If Hendo wins then retires, Sherdog logic dictates that we'll never have a legit MW champion again. it will be a paper belt forever.

Would I want it? Hell yeah!

Will they do it? Not on this fucking earth,ya goofs!

Fuckin' a, they should do a TUF with the top mws with the finals being for the belt. Guaranteed it would be the best season. Might bring some legitimacy back to the show.

I like the idea, but I would expand upon that, to include the likes of Bisping, Mousasi, Whittaker, and Belfort.

Back