If hardy blasts his way to a title

doubt it.

Black Beast's ability to keep his KO power and get up from under HW's on a regular even when he's gassed is freakish.

there isn't another HW who has the ability to do both of those things, and Lewis is the only current HW who shows any ability to create scrambles and to escape the bottom regularly.

all Greg Hardy has shown me is exactly what every other HW can do. knock people out in the 1st rd.
But conversely we haven't had a chance to see what he's made of, and what skills he's been working on.

At some point, someone will test him and take him into rounds 2 & 3. At that point we'll see who is right, and you may very well be right.

I think the hype bubble is going to burst before too long. I know he's been dropping fools but I haven't really liked what I've seen from a skill set. Sure he's got great power and a cold blooded approach but I'm getting a bit of a Kimbo vibe with this guy.
If they push him into the top 10 heavyweights too fast, he will definitely fail. They should move him up the rankings slow and steady for another 2 years.

I honestly expect him to blow through the old age pensioners and part-time fighters in UFC HW division. He will be number 1 contender in 18 months time.

Your smoking crack if you think Hardy is beating anybody decent.

Non-technical ability/pure physicality and Skill/Technique are both on sliding scales.

The more you have of one, the less you need of another to reach a certain level of performance, all else being equal.

Rickson Gracie could start a BJJ match in full armbar against a silverback and still lose.

The big lumbering musclehead meatball at your local gym would get killed in a boxing match against any professional 135 pound Mexican.

That's not really a revelation. The only relevant question is the exact magnitudes where losses get flipped to wins, at what level of competition, etc...

Tho Brock has the wrestling base, Hardy has unreal striking, something Brock could never figure out. Hardy is a much higher caliber athlete than Brock. Brock was never coordinated enough to be a top class NFL athlete, where as Hardy was an All Pro. These high level NFL guys are just at such another level.
Hardy has unreal striking? How in the fook do you come to that conclusion?

That’s just not true. Brock was every bit the athlete hardy was. Hardy just happened to be a football player. Brock wasn’t. Brock’s numbers, if believed, put him in elite class from a draft standpoint.
lesnar-vikings_167m8dgshzono15anck0mney6f.png

Brock tried football, even the same exact position as Hardy, but he simply was not even good enough to even ride the bench and was cut. Brock has great stats, like a fast 40, great bench press, but he lacks the athletic intelligence that a guy like Hardy had. Just watch Hardy (who's only been striking for a few years) strike compared to Brock (who's been striking over a decade).....the skill gap is as wide as Ronda and Nunes.

lesnar-vikings_167m8dgshzono15anck0mney6f.png

Brock tried football, even the same exact position as Hardy, but he simply was not even good enough to even ride the bench and was cut. Brock has great stats, like a fast 40, great bench press, but he lacks the athletic intelligence that a guy like Hardy had. Just watch Hardy (who's only been striking for a few years) strike compared to Brock (who's been striking over a decade).....the skill gap is as wide as Ronda and Nunes.
lol. he DIDN'T play football and was trying out for a professional fuckin team. how the fuck are you judging hardy's striking when he hasn't faced one legit opponent yet. the worst fighter brock fought would destroy everyone hardy has faced.

Hardy is a good athlete, that's obvious, but unless he has improved significantly since his second fight (I didn't see his third), he's not nearly ready for any decent UFC HW.

NFL is B-level not A-level, and Greg Hardy started training at like 28, so not a fair comparison.

B-level?

The NFL is all about speed and the fastest man in the NFL weighs 185 lbs.

How much does the fastest man in the UFC weigh?...125?

Think about that for a second.

Considering MMA is an F-level sport, and heavyweight is considered the weakest mens division. So you have a bum division in what is already a bum sport, think about it. That's how bad heavyweight truly is lol.
F-level sport + A-level athlete = Future GOAT

He'll be another version of Brock.... being successful on his athletic ability and name value alone. I don't see him beating someone like DC but I could be wrong

the difference between being an nfl player (and therefore A level by definition i guess) and a good college player can be 20 lbs or a few inches. those B level guys should be dominating MMA and making conor money. where they at? where you at anders?

He'll be another version of Brock.... being successful on his athletic ability and name value alone. I don't see him beating someone like DC but I could be wrong
brock was a champion hw wrestler.

It's Heavyweight so someone with brute force will always do well as traditionally its a lower skilled division. Obviously I'm not talking about the top guys like Fedor, Nog, Mir etc but certainly lower down the rankings that's the case.

Provided he's matched up carefully, & I'm sure that is Dana's plan, with the current state of the division he could easily crack into the top ten & then be gifted a title fight. Similar to what they did with Brock.

However the comparison with Brock isn't that relevant because Lesnar had legit wrestling which transferred over to the Octagon, Hardly is starting all again in a brand new sport with a lot of variables.

Exactly this.
Heavyweights can get away with being less skilled and technical because of brute strength. A freak level dude could go on a tear. Look at kimbo slice. Dude was just a massive brawler. And actually beat people who trained their entire lives.

Someone in the NFL is already natrually gifted and skilled... so it’s not weird they could cross train and come into MMA. to be on an elite level, you would want to have that wrestling / kickboxing / etc background to give the final edge.

the difference between being an nfl player (and therefore A level by definition i guess) and a good college player can be 20 lbs or a few inches. those B level guys should be dominating MMA and making conor money. where they at? where you at anders?

Fighting isn't for everyone, dude.

Shane Carwin had heavy but slow hands.

Hardys striking is explosive.

So is Ngannou's.

He hasn't been in a fight for 2 minutes yet and has no other skills. Certainly not a high level wrestling background like Carwin.

Back