If hardy blasts his way to a title

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Does that mean hw mma skill level is inconsequential in relation to brute strength and athletic ability?

Guys like mir, Barnett, werdum and oleynik have such tremendous ground skill. If hardy is able to beat a guy like oleynik on his way to the title kind of how Brock beat mir, does that throw out how good hws have been? I'm asking because the state of hw mma is pretty sad right now. This could happen in the next year.

He wouldn't get past DC Stipe or Curtis Blaydes

I don't think Hardy has a chance against anyone in the top 5-10.

But time will tell.

I bet Dana/UFC give him every opportunity they can provide.

Considering MMA is an F-level sport, and heavyweight is considered the weakest mens division. So you have a bum division in what is already a bum sport, think about it. That's how bad heavyweight truly is lol.

Hardy will not be able to beat a guy like Oleynik anytime soon.
He will be put into his place with his first decent challenge and set to find his way like post Miocic Ngannou

HW is a wasteland, but I can't see him bursting through the top 5.

What if hardy ragdolls one of these top 5 guys. It could happen.

Lesnar=/=Hardy.

Lesnar had freak athletic ability but he also had an outstanding NCAA wrestling based to work with.

With Dans health conditions I don’t ever see him returning to Welterweight.

But I’d love to see him Ko woodley

Considering MMA is an F-level sport, and heavyweight is considered the weakest mens division. So you have a bum division in what is already a bum sport, think about it. That's how bad heavyweight truly is lol.

and those F level bums are going to smash A level pro bowl NFL star.

how sad is that?

It may just mean that tremendous athletic ability allows someone to pick up skills and techniques at a faster rate than just a "good" athlete. I don't want Hardy's (hypothetical) success to discredit the rest of the guys in the division.

NFL is B-level not A-level, and Greg Hardy started training at like 28, so not a fair comparison.

not a fair comparison? NFL players are supposed to run the HW division with 6 months training. Hardy has more than enough time to become UFC champion level.

even this thread is about how terrible the UFC HW division is, if he can't become the champion then the "better athletes = better fighters" theory is wrong.

if he's B level and UFC is F level, he's still many levels above the UFC HWs, according to you.

A level athlete. Also Brock skill was his ground game with his power Hardy just has power.

Would he even be able to get past someone like Struve?

It's Heavyweight so someone with brute force will always do well as traditionally its a lower skilled division. Obviously I'm not talking about the top guys like Fedor, Nog, Mir etc but certainly lower down the rankings that's the case.

Provided he's matched up carefully, & I'm sure that is Dana's plan, with the current state of the division he could easily crack into the top ten & then be gifted a title fight. Similar to what they did with Brock.

However the comparison with Brock isn't that relevant because Lesnar had legit wrestling which transferred over to the Octagon, Hardly is starting all again in a brand new sport with a lot of variables.

don't think Hardy has a chance against anyone in the top 5-10

Size, speed, and power like he has gives him a chance against any heavyweight. I doubt he blasts through everyone with ease, but there is no one he’s incapable of beating.

Back