If guys like Jones and Masvidal want to make money, can’t they just go somewhere else?

if bellator could manage to pay their fighters a lot more, the ufc would be in huge trouble. even though the ufc is a brand, it's really about people wanting to watch the best fighters. the organization doesn't mean a thing. the ufc brand doesn't really matter when it comes to fighting. look at boxing. people can't even name any of the boxing organizations. but they can sure name the boxers.

Contracts have been a thing since ancient Rome, if not earlier.

Like isn’t Japan still big on MMA and I figure they’d be big stars over there especially Jones. I mean if you don’t like your pay and wanna leave then do it but just don’t keep complaining about it. If people like Burns wanna fight for peanuts and get on Dana’s good side then let them and just leave and go make money somewhere else. Like a lot of these fighters in the top 5 really be complaining about money and Dana just laughs when these guys could go make big money overseas tbh.
You're really ignorant when the info is all over.

The only way out of the ufc contract is to.fight there way out and fight which the ufc says to fight.. 3 times a year or they can extend change it ect.

There were a few stories about this last year.

Sources tell The Post UFC’s fighters cost the Las Vegas promotions company less than $150 million last year — or under 16 percent of its $900 million in revenue. By contrast, Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association and the National Football League all share between 48 percent and 50 percent of revenues with their players, data shows.

Its downright criminal by contrast.
not if you look at what the MLB players were making in the 1st 20 years of existence. Which is where the UFC is.Screenshot_20200606-080407_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200606-080416_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200606-080428_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200606-080436_Chrome.jpg here numbers dont come close to what some want

Last edited:
I think they would have to retire for a certain amount of time before they could jon another org. Jorge could fight out his contract and not renew, I dont think champions get the option of not renewing their contract.
I'm pretty sure that retirement freezes the contract; fighters are contracted by a number of fights, not a set amount of time.

I believe Dana acknowledged that for different reasons some fighters may not be dying to fight at this moment and that is fine with him.

This may be one of the stupidest things ever said on sherdog. Most people think UFC is the name of the sport.

so you're telling me, that if all the stars moved from the ufc to bellator, and bellator began having the same exact events, and were featured on espn, people would still associate mma with the ufc? i don't think so. it's maybe you who is stuck with the ufc branding. the ufc branding is just like any other type of advertising. you place enough names of something everywhere, people will naturally begin the connection. but it's just a name lol.

Last edited:
It’s like a relationship between a pimp and his hoes.

masvidal now sees daddy Dana owns his ass.

This may be one of the stupidest things ever said on sherdog. Most people think UFC is the name of the sport.
He obviously doesn't train UFC either.

How is jon jones ner worth 10 million if he's making 5 million per fight. I know coke is expensive but god damn. Weird how ufc fighters seem to be the most unproven payscale amongst all sports? If the ufc is in fact paying him 5 mil per fight you would think they would want that known.

"Independent contractor" is a contradiction in terms when it comes to MMA deals.

Like isn’t Japan still big on MMA and I figure they’d be big stars over there especially Jones. I mean if you don’t like your pay and wanna leave then do it but just don’t keep complaining about it. If people like Burns wanna fight for peanuts and get on Dana’s good side then let them and just leave and go make money somewhere else. Like a lot of these fighters in the top 5 really be complaining about money and Dana just laughs when these guys could go make big money overseas tbh.

they are making big money an arent going any where.

jorge last year was bragging about his big fighter pay last year.

These guys are delusional....they want to compare themselves to Floyd Mayweather, but they don’t realize, they are in a different business model..

there only a couple boxers who cash out liek that. there still a hundards and hundards of broke down boxers out there 2.

after triple g canelo and floyd who is else is making that in boxing.

They’re complaining for the same reason people fought for decades for labor rights: getting a bigger chunk of the company revenue.
Probably they feel UFC is hoarding a huge pct of the revenue

funny how owners get the most money. werid right.

if bellator could manage to pay their fighters a lot more, the ufc would be in huge trouble. even though the ufc is a brand, it's really about people wanting to watch the best fighters. the organization doesn't mean a thing. the ufc brand doesn't really matter when it comes to fighting. look at boxing. people can't even name any of the boxing organizations. but they can sure name the boxers.

you mean paying 1500 is more than the ufc these days?

Back