If Fury had fought Cain liked they discussed..

Cain wins MMA ,Fury has a puncher chance
Fury beats Cain in boxing , Cain has zero chance

Fury by tko via strikes or Cain blowing out a limb

well if it is a street fight then Fury has more chance to win because he can just hit and run/avoid Cain and wait until Cain gassed out, Cain cant push him to the cage because there will be no cage. Plus Fury is much bigger and faster (standing) than Cain, he can just snipe Cain and run
He doesn't need a cage to get a takedown. Cain just needs to say low and get a leg or around the body, then that's the end of it. Once Cain gets him down, there is pretty much no way Fury would win.

I will still never understand how people can favor strikers in a street fight. Once a powerful wrestler gets a hold of you, you're likely going to get slammed on concrete and get your head caved in with stomps or GnP. And that's if the slam on concrete didn't KO or kill you.

He doesn't need a cage to get a takedown. Cain just needs to say low and get a leg or around the body, then that's the end of it. Once Cain gets him down, there is pretty much no way Fury would win.

I will still never understand how people can favor strikers in a street fight. Once a powerful wrestler gets a hold of you, you're likely going to get slammed on concrete and get your head caved in with stomps or GnP. And that's if the slam on concrete didn't KO or kill you.

i dont think fury will stand there like a moron trading punches, he actually has very good foot movement. still your point stands.

Also Im not sure his level but Fury likes to wrestle. All he needs is TDD.

He can just threaten with a punch or takedown then kick him, easy. Fury may be tough but he's not conditioned to take low kicks.
Maybe but I would have to assume he would get more than a days notice to prepare for the fight and he's a big powerful guy and we've seen Cain get caught several times.

Obviously I would heavily favor Cain but it being a guaranteed cakewalk for him is kind of wishful thinking IMO.

I never said it was and of course I would give Cain a massive advantage in MMA but to act like Cain just casually strolls in and takes him down instantly is also absurd.

Of course thats exactly what happens. Either cain casually takes him down or tyson lands a hail mary. There is no other outcome. Every ranked fighter cain has fought had a much better chance of beating him than tyson fury. Id be surprised if the fight lasted more than 3 minutes.

Of course thats exactly what happens. Either cain casually takes him down or tyson lands a hail mary. There is no other outcome. Every ranked fighter cain has fought had a much better chance of beating him than tyson fury. Id be surprised if the fight lasted more than 3 minutes.
Yeah except Fury isn't oblivious to Wrestling, is much bigger and Cain has been caught many times while looking for careless takedowns but sure.

Ngannou has very good takedown defense though. Plus Fury doesn't hit like Ngannou anyways.
It's obviously all wild guesswork and speculation. Fury doesn't have proven TD defense nor has he shown one-hitter-quitter power in boxing. Consider how his skills might translate to this arena though. Fury has:

• Amazing head movement and upper body movement.
  • Good footwork and is very mobile for his size. The cage gives him a lot more space to work as well.
  • 85" reach. His jab is longer than a kick, lol.
  • In 4oz gloves his power will be much greater. So-So power in the HW boxing world probably equals unstoppable power in the MMA world.
  • Fantastic punch accuracy and sharp combos. He could land three punches on Cain when Cain is coming in. Cain knows he is getting the jab jab left hook - but can you stop it when you simply have to crash the distance to stand a chance?
  • Furys left hook to Cains temple/behind his ear when Cain shoots a wild TD could be goodnight nurse, simple as that.

Anyway it's a fight so who knows. But i'd put money on Fury if they fought tomorrow TBH. If they each had 6 months to prepare, i'd heavily favor Fury

Its the appropriate answer to 'tyson isnt oblivious to wrestling'
Not really since he's known to enjoy playing around with grappling in training meaning he at least has a basic knowledge of wrestling. Hence " Not oblivious to Wrestling".

In boxing fury would smoke Cain within thirty seconds.

In MMA Cain might beat fury in less than a minute if fury tried to build the house and stand up which is common for people who don't understand submission grappling when they get taken down. If he didn't give up his back, he'd probably get tkod in a minute and a half.

Cain would kill Fury in mma, Fury will bury Cain in boxing. There is no other outcome likely at all. Fury does have a punchers chance to connect early in an mma fight and winning by KO but that is extremely unlikely. Every fight starts standing means nothing at all imo. The fight can easily start from a TD from Cain within the first few seconds.
Cain wouldn't do jack shit. Fury makes Black Nog look like a manlet. You think Cain is just going to get the take down and Fury gonna let him? You see what Black Nog did to Cain when going for the take down? Fury would make Black Nog go to sleep quicker than Ambien, so Cain would end up in the dirt 6 feet under, with his leg still stuck in the canvas. Da fuck you talkin bout cuck.

In a real fight, all WW, MW, LHW an HW destroy Tyson in seconds.
Let the big guy stop a takedown first.
All WW... Lets start with CM Punk.
Oh, nevermind that.

Not really since he's known to enjoy playing around with grappling in training meaning he at least has a basic knowledge of wrestling. Hence " Not oblivious to Wrestling".

Cain has basic knowledge of boxing. How far do you think he'd get standing with Tyson.

Cain has basic knowledge of boxing. How far do you think he'd get standing with Tyson.
Not far but I also doubt he is immediately finished on the first exchange in a Boxing ring like you seem to think Tyson would be in the cage which is the only thing I've actually been debating you on this whole time.

At no point did I say Tyson would win and I've said multiple times the odds would be against him.

I just take issue with the "Cain takes him down easily" narrative acting like because somebody comes from a Boxing background they could possibly have any chance of defending a takedown when in reality if you have any awareness of your body it isn't really that hard.

Wrestling is entirely focused on leverage, positioning and momentum, all things that any life long Martial Artist is well aware of since they are very in tune with there bodies.

Now obviously there are levels to this shit but as someone who Boxed from a young age then took up Wrestling in highschool and excelling in it right away simply because I was aware of the mechanics of my body and how leverage works I've always found it laughable that people think just because you don't come from a Wrestling background you will automatically be defenceless against a takedown attempt.

Lol`@Ngnanno KO'ing Cain in 14.8 seconds, yet thinking it would take Tyson Fury a significant period of time longer ...... Tyson KO'S CAIN BELOW THE 1SR RD

Back