If Fedor signs with Bellator, could you seriously discuss him as GOAT anymore?

The Accuser

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hear me out fanboys.... I'm a big Fedor fan myself. But some things just cannot be ignored.

Let's be real, there are questions about the level of his competition. Some were considered great fighters, some were outright cans.

But even the former fared less than impressively once they joined the UFC. Cro Cop got stopped by journeymen, Big Nog got stopped twice in the first round by Mir and so on.

I'm not saying Fedor only fought bums, ofc he has wins over former UFC Champions. But to be considered GOAT his competition would have to be beyond doubt. Even more so since Fedor got stopped himself three times in a row once he fought in the US. Once by a MW-LHW, once by eternal gatekeeper BF.

So while he is definitely in the discussion his case is far from clear.

Also, people always speak about him as being a true warrior, no point fighter, someone who took on all comers etc. If that is his spirit he should wish to test himself against the best. He has actually claimed he wanted to fight the best in the world. Well, if you wanna be considered the best in the world you have to fight and beat the best in the world.

A true warrior should also not put money any higher than his legacy or the chance to prove that he really is who he (or his fans) claims he is. If he is the GOAT he should not wish to fight second rate competition.

I'm not saying he would go to Bellator in order to avoid better competition. But he would have proven that - despite his statements to the contrary - he doesn't care about being the greatest or his legacy or fighting the best in the world. He would have shown he just cares about the paycheck which comes even easier against lower level fighters (just like his last 3 wins).

A true GOAT must fight the best and a true warrior will wish to fight against the best in order to prove to himself that he is who he is.

People whose join dates are later than 2010 (well, I guess that includes me) are not eligible to discuss Fedor Emelianenko.

Have you looked at the "Strikefarce" HW roster's performance since SF was subsumed into the UFC? SF was the better division, and they paid him more, so wtf are you still on about?

If GSP, Anderson and Jones signed with Bellator would you stop considering them the WW GOAT, the MW GOAT and the LHW GOAT?

Idiotic question.

Fedor IS the GOAT who is trying a Jordanesque Wizzards return. He can only make his career greater, if he achieves something awesome.

So it has nothing to do with what the UFC is offering him?

Have you looked at the "Strikefarce" HW roster's performance since SF was subsumed into the UFC? SF was the better division, and they paid him more, so wtf are you still on about?

I don't understand what you're saying here. He beat Brett Rogers.

People whose join dates are later than 2010 (well, I guess that includes me) are not eligible to discuss Fedor Emelianenko.

Agreed. I didn't watch him...I don't say a word. I never truly got to behold.

It depends on how you classify Greatest Of All Time

If you judge from day 1 of career to last day of career = it might
If you judge a fighter from how great they were in a 3-5 year prime = not at all

People that saw Willie Mays in his prime think he was one of the best, if not THE BEST that played CF
People that saw him as an old man with the Mets don't see him in the same way as legends they only heard about

Fedors present and future decisions have no bearing on my opinions of his time in pride. Fedor is still the GOAT to me.

Hope he signs for UFC though.

If you called yourself a big Fedor fan a couple of paragraphs before calling Fedor fans "fanboys" your hate thread will be a little more veiled. But you got the order all wrong, TS.

If GSP, Anderson and Jones signed with Bellator would you stop considering them the WW GOAT, the MW GOAT and the LHW GOAT?

There is no doubt about GSP's competition.
I don't see Anderoid as GOAT.
Jones doesn't have three bad losses in a row. And there's a difference between being a divisional GOAT and GOAT. He fought the best comp available, it's not his fault LHW sucks. For divisional GOAT that's good enough. For total GOAT it counts what competition you've faced - even if you have no influence on that.

Also, the point is what it would say about his fighting spirit and being a warrior. I doubt GSP would ever want to fight less than the best competition possible. That's because he wants to be the undeniably best.

He is undoubtedly at this point. Anderson and GSP were close but Fedor was on another level for so long. Ask JDS, Cain and Werdum who the best fighter they have ever witnessed was. The answer will be Emlianenko Fedor. Even when he was KO'ing the top heavyweights in Aflliction, GSP regarded him as the Number 1 P4P fighter on the planet.

If he signs with bellator it won't do much for him in regards to his MMA legacy. Actually it won't do anything for him besides picking up a few low quality wins before he retires as well as earning himself a lot more money.

If Anderson Silva returns and beats Rockhold, Machida and Weidman we won't doubt his greatness for a second. Yet if he decides to retire after all that and comes back 3 years later to fight some local bums in his backyard (kimbo style), will that tarnish all his past accomplishments? Not to any rational fan who has followed the sport.

Fedor's past can never be out done by his future in my eyes. If he were to come back and lose 3 more times in a row it wouldn't be enough to undo the time he ruled the world with an iron fist.

Agreed. I didn't watch him...I don't say a word. I never truly got to behold.

You're a rare one then. Too many liars here who say they watched Pride when they didn't. They then shit all over it out of anger and hate when people say it was better.

Hats of to you.

He turns 39 in a month and hasn't fought in over 3 years. He can do whatever he wants. Make money and entertain people no matter where you are. Just be happy to see him back.

Did not read, youre stupid.

if GSP signed with Bellashit, would he instantly not be a top WW ever?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back