If Fedor signs with Bellator, could you seriously discuss him as GOAT anymore?

Regardless of what will happened and whats already happened, he's still cemented as the greatest fighter in MMA's golden age.

I don't understand what you're saying here. He beat Brett Rogers.

You know what I was referring to...The knock/Zuffa propaganda against Fedor for going to SF instead of the UFC in late 2009. It certainly wasn't him for fighting for Pride over the UFC in the early 2000's, or fighting for Affliction in 2008 and early 2009 instead of fighting Nog again in the UFC, so what are we left with? The guys he lost to in SF all went on to great have success in the UFC, 3 earned title shots and one champion.

One more comment

I'm not saying he would go to Bellator in order to avoid better competition. But he would have proven that - despite his statements to the contrary - he doesn't care about being the greatest or his legacy or fighting the best in the world. He would have shown he just cares about the paycheck.

Do you even Fedor, bro?

He has never cared about his legacy or being the greatest. Even when he was at the peak of his career and was asked about his invincibility and legacy he consistently said that he only hasn't tasted defeat because he hasn't fought long enough. When asked about his legacy he said that he would be like to be remembered as a good father and husband.

What fedor did can't be erased. like it was said, he can come and lose and he will still be the greatest.

Already GOAT, his return is just a treat for us fans

You know what I was referring to...The knock/Zuffa propaganda against Fedor for going to SF instead of the UFC in late 2009. It certainly wasn't him for fighting for Pride over the UFC in the early 2000's, or fighting for Affliction in 2008 and early 2009 instead of fighting Nog again in the UFC, so what are we left with? The guys he lost to in SF all went on to great have success in the UFC, 3 earned title shots and one champion.

Ok, I understand now. I was thinking you were saying his Strikeforce run solidified him as GOAT or something to that effect.

He's already cemented himself as GOAT. Coming back for this stint will be like Michael Jordan coming back to the Wizards. Well past his prime, there were better players on the court, but that didn't discount him from being the GOAT.

Yeah. Because he has already proven to be. This is just a fun. But it's disappointing if he honestly wants to fight the best fighters. Because he is only adding fuel to the fire if he doesn't sign with UFC.

Serious question: will the UFC section on sherdog have a PBP thread going during his possible Bellator fight?

Well if he did sign with Bellator for the cash, wouldn't mean he is not GOAT. Anderson Silva fought Nick Diaz his last fight, doesn't mean he is not MW or UFC GOAT he is just making some money.

MAybe they will pay him $2 million to fight a can, or he makes $500k to fight JDS/Cain in the UFC- anyone would consider the former option if we are honest. Simple put- the deal may be the deciding factor rather than competiion despite what you hear

I don't understand what you're saying here. He beat Brett Rogers.

when cain, barnett, werdum, arlovski, bigfoot, overeem etc were in strikeforce people like you said they weren't good enough. then when they came to the ufc those people's opinions changed to 'the ufc hw division is stacked with the best hws'

fedor is the hw 'goat. if you can't understand that, then thats your fault. if he goes to bellator, so what? his job is to fight, not please basement joe silva's like you. hes a grown man and should do as he pleases. just be appreciative that hes coming back to fight in the first place.

Wherever he signs his legend will grow if he wins. :icon_chee

"If Fedor comes out of a 3 year retirement, at almost 40 years old and doesn't fight in the UFC...he cant be considered the best"

How do people come up with this shit?

when cain, barnett, werdum, arlovski, bigfoot, overeem etc were in strikeforce people like you said they weren't good enough. then when they came to the ufc those people's opinions changed to 'the ufc hw division is stacked with the best hws'

fedor is the hw 'goat. if you can't understand that, then thats your fault. if he goes to bellator, so what? his job is to fight, not please basement joe silva's like you. hes a grown man and should do as he pleases. just be appreciative that hes coming back to fight in the first place.

You sure seem to know a lot about me.

not sure why you are saying "IF". bellator is the only place he will go. With this new reebok shit. there is absolutely NO chance M1-Global and UFC, Reebok are gonna come to terms. ZERO 0

Jones doesn't have three bad losses in a row. And there's a difference between being a divisional GOAT and GOAT. He fought the best comp available, it's not his fault LHW sucks For divisional GOAT that's good enough. For total GOAT it counts what competition you've faced - even if you have no influence on that.

It kinda is... the last 5 champions successfully defended the belt twice, including one controversial defence. It was incredibly competitive with a load of top fighters. Jon Jones steps in, beats literally everyone relevant (and some who weren't) and now it's seen as a weak division.

Middleweight was seen as a weak division until Anderson lost. Now look at it.

Also more on topic, no, going to Bellator wouldn't hurt Fedors legacy. Unless he pops for peds or something similar happens, anyone with any level of common sense would see it as an old fighter who isn't quite ready to go yet and look at it completely separately from the main part of his career.

To me, he is goat based on what he's accomplished during his fighting prime in an org with harsher combat rules. Whatever he decides to do now for extra cash in his twilight years has no bearing on how I see the man. He's a legend and more importantly a good person.

Back