If Fedor signs with Bellator, could you seriously discuss him as GOAT anymore?

People whose join dates are later than 2010 (well, I guess that includes me) are not eligible to discuss Fedor Emelianenko.

If you haven't been banned at least once, you're not Sherdogging correctly.

"If Fedor comes out of a 3 year retirement, at almost 40 years old and doesn't fight in the UFC...he cant be considered the best"

How do people come up with this shit?

This^

Also its a little odd to see brett rogers name still being fired around as a means to bash fedor given he knocked arlovski the fuck out and recently aa's been touted on these very forums as getting close to a title shot.

Most people are saying that fighting lesser competition and losing late in the career have negative impact on fighters legacy. I don't agree with that because it's better to fight against lesser competition than not to fight at all. Even more, I don't think that losing late in the career have any kind of negative impact on fighters legacy. For me it's better to fight and lose than retire as soon as you're out of your prime. To say that it's better to retire when you're on top implies that it's better for a fighter to sit at home than fight, that's why I can't agree with this. Career should not be stopped because one is afraid to lose and tarnish his legacy.

Cause when he signs with bellator his previous wins mean nothing..... is that what we are doing?

I will agree with this if the two parts involved were not a dude like Fedor that give a lot of importance to being humble/respect and the bald loud mouth douchebag with relevant position in UFC

I really believe he can fuck up the agreement

I want to believe in Lorenzo, but i fear dana will get involved

Fedor IS the GOAT who is trying a Jordanesque Wizzards return. He can only make his career greater, if he achieves something awesome.

Correct He is the GOAT or in the discussion at least, but I wanted to say he could in fact put a black eye on his legacy if certain things happen... Comes back and goes 0-3 to guys in the UFC or any promotion, or worst of all if he Anderson Silva'd a pre-fight test. There are no guarantees here, guys got balls for coming out of retirement, I'm guessing seeing Werdum and Arlovski back on the map has him thinking he can beat some of the top UFC guys still.

yeah, lets discount the guy's entire fighting history because he didn't sign with the UFC (although Pride, Affliction, and Strikeforce all had better HW divisions than the UFC when he was with each respective companY).

Bravo TS, you sir, are an idiot.

If he sign with Bellator, do you know how epic a fight with him and Vitaly Minakov would be? Minakov is almost viewed as the new Fedor

Pride and Strikeforce had better Heayweights then the UFC, and when he was in Affliction he fought 2 of the most decorated UFC heavyweights ever.

He's already the GOAT HW, it doesn't matter if he loses now or where he fights any more then it matters what happen in Tyson or Ali's last 3-4 fights

Hear me out fanboys.... I'm a big Fedor fan myself. But some things just cannot be ignored.

Let's be real, there are questions about the level of his competition. Some were considered great fighters, some were outright cans.

But even the former fared less than impressively once they joined the UFC. Cro Cop got stopped by journeymen, Big Nog got stopped twice in the first round by Mir and so on.

I'm not saying Fedor only fought bums, ofc he has wins over former UFC Champions. But to be considered GOAT his competition would have to be beyond doubt. Even more so since Fedor got stopped himself three times in a row once he fought in the US. Once by a MW-LHW, once by eternal gatekeeper BF.

So while he is definitely in the discussion his case is far from clear.

Also, people always speak about him as being a true warrior, no point fighter, someone who took on all comers etc. If that is his spirit he should wish to test himself against the best. He has actually claimed he wanted to fight the best in the world. Well, if you wanna be considered the best in the world you have to fight and beat the best in the world.

A true warrior should also not put money any higher than his legacy or the chance to prove that he really is who he (or his fans) claims he is. If he is the GOAT he should not wish to fight second rate competition.

I'm not saying he would go to Bellator in order to avoid better competition. But he would have proven that - despite his statements to the contrary - he doesn't care about being the greatest or his legacy or fighting the best in the world. He would have shown he just cares about the paycheck which comes even easier against lower level fighters (just like his last 3 wins).

A true GOAT must fight the best and a true warrior will wish to fight against the best in order to prove to himself that he is who he is.

True warrior? Not puting money higher than his legacy? WTF? This is his profession, who on earth would choose a higher risk for a smaller upkeep? If I'm Fedor and Bellator parks a truck full of money on my lawn while UFC comes with shitty Rebook deal sure as hell I would choose Bellator.

It wouldn't change what he's done in the past. So no. But signing in the UFC and being successful would cement his legacy even more.

People whose join dates are later than 2010 (well, I guess that includes me) are not eligible to discuss Fedor Emelianenko.

So a person couldn't of been following Fedor's career before they joined Sherdog?

I do find it interesting that most of Fedor's fellow Pride fighters had no problem coming to the UFC to test the waters but he couldn't.

If he comes back he is going to want paid. Whoever is going to pay him is where he is going. Non of us would go to work for sub-par pay package. Why should he? He's Fedor for Gods sake!

Back