If everyone goes to college, won't it just be 13th-16th grade?

No... We don't. Conservatives really have an issue with higher education. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen.

Yes. We do. Grades 1-12 have a horrible reputation in the US. Giving everyone "free" college on top of shitty pre-college schooling is a joke. But of course, liberals and their backwards way of thinking, is about as dumb, irrational, and illogical as it possibly gets.

Yes. We do. Grades 1-12 have a horrible reputation in the US. Giving everyone "free" college on top of shitty pre-college schooling is a joke. But of course, liberals and their backwards way of thinking, is about as dumb, irrational, and illogical as it possibly gets.
You want to stifle higher education so bad, you'll look for any excuse to do so... Including something as ridiculous as 'fixing' the lower education before we promote the higher. Now that's funny, but it's downright hilarious that you just called anyone else dumb, backwards and irrational. The amount of projection in that sentence is mind-blowing.

lol, how are Conservatives wrong on literally every single issue. How is that even possible? Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

You want to stifle higher education so bad, you'll look for any excuse to do so... Including something as ridiculous as 'fixing' the lower education before we promote the higher. Now that's funny, but it's downright hilarious that you just called anyone else dumb, backwards and irrational. The amount of projection in that sentence is mind-blowing.

It's not about stifling higher education, genius. It's about drastically improving the public schooling system before we move on to something as complex as "free" college. But hey, keep playing dumb. It's obvious your education has failed you.

It's not about stifling higher education, genius. It's about drastically improving the public schooling system before we move on to something as complex as "free" college. But hey, keep playing dumb. It's obvious your education has failed you.

Adamant, I'm guessing you're not a very educated person. Which is fine, right up until you start trying to stop higher education from being a top priority by citing absolutely ridiculous reasons... Republicans are the party of lower education, so it's no surprise that they have these views. It just doesn't make it any less embarrassing.

Adamant, I'm guessing you're not a very educated person. Which is fine, right up until you start trying to stop higher education from being a top priority by citing absolutely ridiculous reasons... Republicans are the party of lower education, so it's no surprise that they have these views. It just doesn't make it any less embarrassing.

Higher education definitely should be a priority. But there's more to it than just "free college for all!" Simply making it "free" isn't going to help anything. And completely ignoring the failing public school system at the expense of making college "free" is just asinine. But hey, Democrats are the the party of idiocy and lies, so it's not surprising. They're the very definition of embarrassing.

Yep that is what I just stated.

It is a progress and a chain of development. You cant have the top echelon be any good, if the foundations and prerequisites are horribad.

The Trades have been looked down on for generations. Mike Rowe did a good interview with Bill Maher about this. In high school, he was sent to see a guidance counselor and the counselor showed him this poster. .

You want to go to college and not be a miserable piece of shit like the guy in the right working in the trades.

wsnh-poster3.jpg

This is fawking awesome! I love it. Btw, I'm the guy on the right, or at least used to be. Lol

Free higher education is an excellent idea. As long as the degree earned isn't in "test taking" or "fact memorizing". We need to teach people how to apply their knowledge, how to problem solve, and how to think for them selves. Gathering knowledge for the sake of knowledge isn't something to be admired or looked up to. It's a hobby.

This is fawking awesome! I love it. Btw, I'm the guy on the right, or at least used to be. Lol

Free higher education is an excellent idea. As long as the degree earned isn't in "test taking" or "fact memorizing". We need to teach people how to apply their knowledge, how to problem solve, and how to think for them selves. Gathering knowledge for the sake of knowledge isn't something to be admired or looked up to. It's a hobby.

This + should result in a person obtaining a degree / skills that will provide a ROI on public investment AS WELL as only paid for if the person graduates. Tax payers shouldnt tolerate a half built highway or quater built bridge, so they shouldn't flip the bill on a half finished degree.

I think theres a divide in opinion between free education vs a degree that did not cost the student money to obtain (aside from books and logistics) For the most part, if you want to get educated in areas like english literature, history, French Impressionist Art, gender studies, etc ..you can do so and its public funded; its called your local library.

Now if you want my tax dollars to fund someone to learn a trade or get a STEM degree then shut up and take my money.

We had something very close to "free" college in the 1970's due to the GI bill, and massive federal subsidies to education that kept tuition very low.

The result was an well educated workforce that led the world in innovation and technology in the 1980s and 90s.
Real talk, one can make a case that the GI BIll, or Serviceman's Readjustment Act as it's actually called siinglehandedly changed the US more than any other policy post WWII....

15M americans that likely wouldn't have gone to school, now had the opportunity. Perhaps even more important than that, they were also generally allowed to purchase a home on a guaranteed loan w/ as litle as $1 down....Seeing as home ownership, and particularly it being passed down to subsequent generations (especially back then) is one of the largest equity builders for the average american, that's kind of a big deal.

The only real 'negative' of it was the Armed Forces were still largely segregated when it was passed, so it' hasn't helped minorities to the degree it could've....that's changing now however

This + should result in a person obtaining a degree / skills that will provide a ROI on public investment AS WELL as only paid for if the person graduates. Tax payers shouldnt tolerate a half built highway or quater built bridge, so they shouldn't flip the bill on a half finished degree.

I think theres a divide in opinion between free education vs a degree that did not cost the student money to obtain (aside from books and logistics) For the most part, if you want to get educated in areas like english literature, history, French Impressionist Art, gender studies, etc ..you can do so and its public funded; its called your local library.

Now if you want my tax dollars to fund someone to learn a trade or get a STEM degree then shut up and take my money.
Well, once again we're fully on the same page on this topic.

The cost of an esoteric, vanity degree shouldn't be borne by the taxpayers. I'm a very curious dude with a wide variety of interests, but I couldn't justify taking on a financial burden just to satisfy some of those interests. The same principle should apply to publicly funded higher education.

Having said all that I think there's value in studying the arts, philosophy, and less "practical" pursuits. But, we don't need ten gender studies majors for every one person looking for the cure to cancer.

Back