If Edgar loses badly to Aldo and Aldo doesn't vacate...

Wow now that I think about it he should just retire now. Sherdog opens my eyes again

FW is hugely deep, it's just you don't realize it because FW's top fighters don't have massive name value like in divisions above it.

Aldo
Korean Zombie
Mendes
Edgar
Poirier
Koch
Lamas
Swanson
Siver
Dias
Alcantara
Brandao
Hioki
Nunes

All top guys. FW is a hugely talented division, but with so many talented guys in one weight everyone seems to think it's easier than LW.

One way or another Aldo is going to catch Edgar, and when he does Edgar won't be allowed to recover this time, and if he trys catching Aldo's kicks like he did against Bendo then he's gonna get KO'd.

This is what i was going to say, it actually annoys me that so many think FW isnt shallow. Alcantara has dropped to BW BTW.

I'll add Darren Elkins to that (4 fight win streak) Lentz, Oliveira, Guida and Holloway. Theres also a load of talent outside the UFC too - FW is easily the most stacked division in MMA.

Faber vs Edgar would be awesome if Faber is willing to do it

Immediate rematch, followed by two more immediate rematches against two different opponents, followed by a drop to BW where the vicious cycle continues.

Agreed. The level of competition both guys have fought and beaten isn't even comparable. I think there are going to be lots of disappointed Aldo fans after Feb 2.

Lol,THIS.Aldo fans have got to be kidding.
LW is stacked.
FW does not have nearly the competition that LW does,Edgar destroyed everyone at LW.
He even beat Bendo the 2nd time IMO and now we will watch Bendo smash everyone
else that Edgar is gone.
Edgar is a far greater monster than Aldo and he WILL take Aldo down repeatedly.I'm calling it now.

I know it sounds ridiculous but unless Benson gets whooped by Pettis/Melendez/future contenders I think they're gonna have a triliogy. If Edgar gets beat by Aldo he goes back to lightweight, possibly beats guys like Lauzon or Cerrone or something.

i love Edgar and want him to win soo bad but i just don't see it happening. Frankie must know something we don't or at least i hope he does

Lol,THIS.Aldo fans have got to be kidding.
LW is stacked.
FW does not have nearly the competition that LW does,Edgar destroyed everyone at LW.
He even beat Bendo the 2nd time IMO and now we will watch Bendo smash everyone
else that Edgar is gone.
Edgar is a far greater monster than Aldo and he WILL take Aldo down repeatedly.I'm calling it now.

Destroyed is a very poor choice of words, because no, he hasn't.

Aldo has beaten a lot of top competition.

Aldo will repeatably defend the takedowns early on, Edgar will probably get a few later on but i'd put money on Aldo getting the better of the wrestling department and winning the fight.

Haha! Lose badly. That's a good one.

Man roughed up BJ at LW for almost an hour and handed a massive Maynard a TKO. No one in the world just runs through Edgar and Aldo won't either.

Haha! Lose badly. That's a good one.

Man roughed up BJ at LW for almost an hour and handed a massive Maynard a TKO. No one in the world just runs through Edgar and Aldo won't either.

That's some revisionist history there.

Last edited:
I think he should move back up to lightweight he does well there.

he will lose to aldo
he will then fight someone who isnt even in the top 10
he will then get another title shot

because thats how the ufc works these days. they push their favorites to the top and leave everyone else who deserves it at the bottom.

i still don't understand how aldo is the favorite in this...

edgars gonna smash!

Edgar will lose and then he will ask for a rematch right after the fight, he loves rematches.

I doubt he loses badly, he is a legit threat to Aldo. BUT knowing Dana he'll give Frankie another rematch. Seems like Frankie and Faber get rematch after rematch, only difference between the two is Frankie has won a UFC title.

I thought the only rematch he was actually given was against Bendo? The other guys got rematches against him, unless I missed something.

3 title fight losses in a row really hurts.
He'll probably take some time off and get another FW fight at the end of year, if he feels good with the cut and the speed feeling against Aldo... If not, he should go back to 155, where can use his wrestling, boxing and speed to his advantage.

This is a true super fight imo. I love both fighters and in my eyes its the LW champ v FW champ becuase Edgar did beat Bendo second time round.

There is no way Aldo will murder Edgar. He may beat him because Aldo is an amazing fighter but I really don't think Aldo is very comfortable at FW. But then again, Edgar might not be either.

Put it this way, everyone who Aldo has beat, Edgar would beat also. But I can't say that for Aldo.

Regardless, it will be Aldo's toughest fight yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back