If Edgar loses badly to Aldo and Aldo doesn't vacate...

i still don't understand how aldo is the favorite in this...

edgars gonna smash!

Aldo is the favorite because everyone knows he is the much better fighter. Edgar outpoints fighters and that's about it. He doesn't "smash" anyone.

I don't know why you think if Aldo moeves up that Edgar just automatically becomes the champ...

He could probably make bantamweight or he could go back to lightweight. There's a strong chance Henderson won't remain the champ in the next couple years, so he'd work his way back to a title shot.

If he losses badly without a doubt he will cry and whine until he gets an immediate rematch against Aldo, claiming it was a controversial loss and he should have actually won the fight. (See Bendo/Edgar 1 for an example)

He could either go back to LW or down to BW... But I'm skeptical on him making the cut to '35.

If he gets destroyed by Aldo, not likely at all, he'll probably go back to LW and work his way back up. Bendo is a very beatable champion for him. Otherwise it depends on where he's more comfortable physically and how close the Aldo fight is.

I understand it's a hypothetical, but there are too many "if's." I happen to believe Aldo will beat Edgar and may even catch him clean enough to KO him, but Edgar is quick and dodgy enough to avoid a lot of damage. (That said, Edgar has been caught by Maynard and Bendo, but he survived. Aldo is a better finisher than either.) So, we are probably going to get a relatively close fight, 49-45 Aldo.

Aldo moving up mostly depends on how the weight cut goes. It is getting tougher for him and he is planning to try a different method. If that works and he makes it easily, then I say he stays at FW to at least face two more contenders.

LOL @ anyone who says Edgar is gonna smash Aldo. Edgar doesn't smash people. If he wins (i don't think he will) it will be by jabbing, jabbing some more, takedown and then more jabs

Regardless of how badly he loses, he'll cry and say he "did enough to win" until Dana and Joe Silva give him a rematch.

what about if edgar loses then aldo does vacate? does edgar get to fight ____ for the vacant fw belt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back