If Edgar loses badly to Aldo and Aldo doesn't vacate...

Nova44

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If Edgar loses badly to Aldo and Aldo doesn't vacate would does he do?

Does he work his way back up and hope he can beat Aldo in a rematch after quite a number of fights?

...or

Does he go for a tune up fight then a rematch?

I just don't want Edgar turning into Faber if Aldo doesn't want to vacate yet.

He drops down to BW and gets a title shot after one fight.

According to his diehard fans, Edgar is a natural BW, after all...

Fight Mendes, KZ, Guida, Koch or Swanson.

There's multiple fights for him at FW. He will be back in a fight or 2.

Maybe he can move up to WW and try to win a belt there.

He can move in with Mark Hominick.

He drops down to BW and gets a title shot after one fight.

According to his diehard fans, Edgar is a natural BW, after all...

That's pretty much turning into Faber.

I'd pick Aldo to beat him at FW and Barao or McDonald to beat him at BW.

edgar is gonna win

Agreed. The level of competition both guys have fought and beaten isn't even comparable. I think there are going to be lots of disappointed Aldo fans after Feb 2.

FW isn't very deep. He'd get another shot pretty quickly

seems like edgar is in a real bad spot here...lost 2 LW title fights b2b...if he drops his 3rd title fight in a row hes pretty much stuck in limbo...hell prob take an extended vacation to regroup...

I doubt he loses badly, he is a legit threat to Aldo. BUT knowing Dana he'll give Frankie another rematch. Seems like Frankie and Faber get rematch after rematch, only difference between the two is Frankie has won a UFC title.

its prob. as deep as its ever been...Edgar is on deck...after that you have either KZ or winner of Lamas/Koch...after that it could be Siver should he beat Swanson...Guida will almost certainly be fast tracked towards a title shot should he get past Hioki...Mendes is working his way back to a title shot as is Poirier...theres lots of possibilities at FW that dont include Edgar...FW is as stacked w/ contenders now then ever b4

i'll guess he does what every fighter that loses a title shot does.
Work hard and get back into the cage and work his way to a new title shot.

Frankie could make BW if he wanted to, so we always have that option.

I thought it was common knowledge that if Edgar loses, he will be granted an instant rematch for the title

Agreed. The level of competition both guys have fought and beaten isn't even comparable. I think there are going to be lots of disappointed Aldo fans after Feb 2.

Frankies fought better guys, but he's also taken a ton of beatings. That's going to catch up with him eventually.

FW is hugely deep, it's just you don't realize it because FW's top fighters don't have massive name value like in divisions above it.

Aldo
Korean Zombie
Mendes
Edgar
Poirier
Koch
Lamas
Swanson
Siver
Dias
Alcantara
Brandao
Hioki
Nunes

All top guys. FW is a hugely talented division, but with so many talented guys in one weight everyone seems to think it's easier than LW.

One way or another Aldo is going to catch Edgar, and when he does Edgar won't be allowed to recover this time, and if he trys catching Aldo's kicks like he did against Bendo then he's gonna get KO'd.

Back