If Dodson became Champ?

Dodson and McCall are in a lot of boring fights that don't involve Demetrious Johnson. They should thank him for the FOTN bonus.

Personally, i've enjoyed all of Ian's fights. Can't say the same about Dodson. Hey now, he also got FOTN against Santos at 163 :)

Yeah, well, uh, McCall has interesting facial hair!

creepy.gif

I'm a fan of McCall too. His injuries and therefore long breaks in between fights have really derailed d him and the fight against Lineker unfortunately put him in a tough spot too. Im really hoping he can stay healthy and fight often. Even though he hasn't looked AMAZING in most of his UFC fights, he's for the most part been fighting all really good fighters

I like the guy. Heck, I was slow to warm up to Johnson, but I like him too. I don't see Dodson as some sort of huge improvement over Johnson. It would be interesting if he won, because it would shake up the division for a bit, if the UFC could resist the urge to have an immediate rematch.

I'm a fan of MM, I like him more than Dodson. I don't think Dodson as champ would make more people watch FLW.

Yeah but Dodson is sooooo boring

Ever have to babysit a 10 year old jacked up on Mountain Dew? It's kinda funny at first but gets annoying real quick. That's what Dodson as champ would be like.

If Dodson was champ, him doing those stupid motherfucking poses would get in the way, just like DJ's little guitar windmill interrupted by seizures and clapping does. I love both as fighters, they fucking rock, but gosh damn do these dudes do the same stupidest shit, repeatedly. Why? What benefit occurs from Dodson smiling like The Hardy Boys parody on South park while stretching his arms out like he was to hug his opponent? What does MM get for doing his bit while being announce

I honestly think, there was people who've seen them do this shit, and decided not to watch either. People give up more for less.

I don't think anything short of a champ over 5 foot 6 with persona will change the attention that division garners, and no pun intended in the beginning of this sentance. It's a shame that's what seems to be required in order to get the attention already deserved.

Dodson's smug face winds me up, I hope MM puts a clinic on him.

I'm a fan of McCall too. His injuries and therefore long breaks in between fights have really detailed him and the fight against Lineker unfortunately put him in a tough spot too. Im really hoping he can stay healthy and fight often. Even though he hasn't looked AMAZING in most of his UFC fights, he's for the most part been fighting all really good fighters

Minnja tellin' it how it is.

I don't see Dodson as some sort of huge improvement over Johnson. It would be interesting if he won, because it would shake up the division for a bit, if the UFC could resist the urge to have an immediate rematch.

tumblr_mztpfbXlXG1t8enq1o2_400.gif

inb4 Dodson drops Mighty Mouse gif.

I'm a big fan of Dodson, but I think MM takes this fight in a dominant fashion. MM has improved so much since their first meeting and he looked great in his last fight. MM has too many tools.

If Dodson was champ, him doing those stupid motherfucking poses would get in the way, just like DJ's little guitar windmill interrupted by seizures and clapping does. I love both as fighters, they fucking rock, but gosh damn do these dudes do the same stupidest shit, repeatedly. Why? What benefit occurs from Dodson smiling like The Hardy Boys parody on South park while stretching his arms out like he was to hug his opponent? What does MM get for doing his bit while being announce

I honestly think, there was people who've seen them do this shit, and decided not to watch either. People give up more for less.

I don't think anything short of a champ over 5 foot 6 with persona will change the attention that division garners, and no pun intended in the beginning of this sentance. It's a shame that's what seems to be required in order to get the attention already deserved.
Really? You think people will not watch a fighter for their 2-second theatrics before a fight? If it takes so little to turn people off, it sounds like they were never interested to begin with.

He's much more entertaining, ie obnoxious, out-spoken, goofy and rediculous on camera, that goes a long way in MMA. He would be more popular than MM as the champ.

I've always loved watching Dodson fight, since TUF. Idk, as a fan, I'd love to see him KO Demetrius but I'm just not convinced he can. He made DJ look more hittable than anyone else we've seen but the outcome wasn't exactly controversial. He still lost. That being said, it would make for a great story in a third fight if Dodson got a knockout. Idk. I'll be watching.

It's some fighting pose Albert Wesker does in one of the Resident Evil games. Said it amps him up.

Really? You think people will not watch a fighter for their 2-second theatrics before a fight? If it takes so little to turn people off, it sounds like they were never interested to begin with.

It's not what I think, it's what has happened and so has similar situations. I hate that too, I've never engaged in that silliness, I'm a true fan, and active member of the sport. It's no secret though, that 125 doesn't get the respect it deserves, and in order for their current fighters to get more attention, they have to be out there, and not do stupid theatrics like that, if they want to engage in theatrics they have to be better. They need better marketing and from the right people. Not just for their sake, but for the 125 aspirants that will be passed the torch in the coming years.

It's not what I think, it's what has happened and so has similar situations. I hate that too, I've never engaged in that silliness, I'm a true fan, and active member of the sport. It's no secret though, that 125 doesn't get the respect it deserves, and in order for their current fighters to get more attention, they have to be out there, and not do stupid theatrics like that, if they want to engage in theatrics they have to be better. They need better marketing and from the right people. Not just for their sake, but for the 125 aspirants that will be passed the torch in the coming years.
The inescapable problem that 125 has, is that a lot of dude-bros lack respect for smaller fighters. I don't think 135 and 145 have that same problem, though.

Back