If Dodson became Champ?

Monkfish

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
IF that short little KO machine actually pulls off the upset, will that attract more fans to the Flyweight division?

as a person Dodson > MM

He is funnier, more entertaining and can KO people regularly. He also holds a win over TJ and possible superfights on the horizon.

What say you, sherdog if JD beats MM will you be more inclined to watch the Flyweights?

Dodson annoys the shit out of me. I don't like either too much but Demetrious is much more tolerable & puts on amazing performances.

Too bad he won't win, DJ is simply better everywere

yes. if he was champ there would be more attention.

Compelling fights with Joey B, creepy, and a mighty mouse trilogy would be great. A bit of smack talk and personality on countdowns/embedded go along way

He won't catch DJ with anything. Dodson should just go KO Dillashaw again.

I used to think the divison would benefit with Dodson as champ. But now I don't see it that way. While Dodson has nice finishes and can be fun to watch, he's not that aggressive of a fighter so there is potential his title fights could be more boring than MM. Dodson looks great against guys who are willing to trade with him but if guys aren't engaging or are only throwing a strike and then resetting then he could be in boring fights. As bad of a rep MM gets for being boring, he's probably overall more aggressive than Dodson.

Nobody gives a shit about Dodson now, what does him having a belt affect especially since he'd be getting it from someone that nobody cares about?

Dodson is one of the most frustrating fighters to watch and he gives cringeworthy interviews where he stumbles over half of his words. You are backing the wrong guy.

I used to think the divison would benefit with Dodson as champ. But now I don't see it that way. While Dodson has nice finishes and can be fun to watch, he's not that aggressive of a fighter so there is potential his title fights could be more boring than MM. Dodson looks great against guys who are willing to trade with him but if guys aren't engaging or are only throwing a strike and then resetting then he could be in boring fights. As bad of a rep MM gets for being boring, he's probably overall more aggressive than Dodson.

Completely agree. The Moraga fight sucked.

I don't think Dodson would hold that belt for long. I thought that Makovsky beat him, honestly.

I would be bummed out because he's my favorite Flyweight.

Yeah, well, uh, McCall has interesting facial hair!
When I first saw McCall with the nickname, the quirky look, and the tattoos, I thought he'd be a really exciting fighter. Turned out, his look was the most interesting thing about him. How's he Top 5, again?

I know Dodson doesn't stand a chance, but he's got that KO power. honestly that's the only reason I like him. similar to Horiguchi and I see this fight being a rerun of the Horiguchi fight.

But if he lands that miracle shot or actually capitalizes on a knockdown this time, we have a new champ.

Would that bring more fans to the flyweights?

I like watching Dodson fight, but can't stand hearing him talk. I like watching MM fight, but his pre-fight/post-fight routine is incredibly stupid and embarrassing. Don't really care who is champion of the two.

Back