If Dodson became Champ?

The inescapable problem that 125 has, is that a lot of dude-bros lack respect for smaller fighters. I don't think 135 and 145 have that same problem, though.
The problem is that people keep parroting that it's unpopular. Talk about something other than DJ's PPV numbers and it will gain respect like the other divisions have.

Won't happen. Dodson has the athleticism but not the skills.

The problem is that people keep parroting that it's unpopular. Talk about something other than DJ's PPV numbers and it will gain respect like the other divisions have.

Never considered this. I agree with that we may not need a new champ to breathe new life into the division.
I just cant see people not shitting all over DJ & his numbers. Every time he fights.

Good point. People need to change their mindset from "Look at these boring midgets fight to a decision", and just watch the fights with a more open mind, instead of flaming the fighters before Round 1 even begins.

Good point. People need to change their mindset from "Look at these boring midgets fight to a decision", and just watch the fights with a more open mind, instead of flaming the fighters before Round 1 even begins.
It would also help if fights like Smolka vs Seery and Gates vs Montague weren't curtain jerkers on Fight Pass.

At least they are featuring Ray Borg on the main card. That's a step in the right direction (only took them three years).

It would also help if fights like Smolka vs Seery and Gates vs Montague weren't curtain jerkers on Fight Pass.

At least they are featuring Ray Borg on the main card. That's a step in the right direction (only took them three years).
They treat FLW fights like they're less important than other divisions. Ray Borg deserves more exposure, he's very good and damn exciting.

Not a fan of either guy.

Both great fighters, don't like either guy's personality.

I'd rather watch Mighty Mouse fight than Dodson

It's hilarious watching Dodson give interviews tho, he acts like a 6 year old on 5 hour energy. Stumbling over his words, making little sense, acting like a dimwit.

I didn't know about the Albert Wesker thing, now it makes sense to me. I agree with that the talk needs to get away from the PPV numbers and parroting how it's unpopular. I think the attention will come, I hope sooner rather than eventually. Makes me want TAM to get Duane back and encourage 125ers to move over to support the division.

I didn't know about the Albert Wesker thing, now it makes sense to me.
Almost everything Demetrious Johnson does is related to video games. He wanted to name his son after a character from Castlevania.

john-dodson-5.jpg

P4P best smile in MMA. Dodson by KO this time.

If Dodson wins, rematch or alternate fight and assuming he wins, a superfight with Dillashaw.

MM is likely winning however.

He wanted to name his son after a character from Castlevania.
Holy shit.

He must have been so disappointed when they told him he couldn't rep his Xbox sponsorship anymore, lol

Holy shit.

He must have been so disappointed when they told him he couldn't rep his Xbox sponsorship anymore, lol
This pic says it all. Even Matt Hume is on the verge of tears.

tommy2.jpg

h.jpg

All we would win: MMA, UFC and fans. Dodson es very exciting and amazing fighter, Dodson is not afraid anything, we would see superfights and for the first time a champion in 2 divisions at the same time, flyweight is the weakest division of the UFC (behind women's bantamweight division). Demetrious is the most boring fighter of all UFC. John Dodson would be a real champion, perfect mix of technique, speed, charisma and excitement. Johnson is more boring than watching a chess match.

I think he would definitely be a more interesting champion than MM, too bad MM is better as a fighter

Mighty Mouse will start getting attention if he keeps cleaning his division.

In fact I think a lot of people is starting to give him the credit he deserves.

Back