If Conor was quiet guy with a boring personality

If he didn't have the charisma and associated hype then he would probably be having to beat an Edgar or Mendes to get a title shot, he has certainly increased my interest in a division that aldo had effectively cleaned out, being a big puncher in a division where alot of the fights go the distance helps as well

All the top guys are really noted finishers, tbh. Are there really THAT many decisions at 145?

Conors persona isnt just a ticket seller. It also shows what kind of mindset he has. Very few fighters will go out on a limb like this, if you lose after all this set up you open yourself up to a lot of humiliation.

So if conor was completely quiet and humble it would be something completely different. Not necessarily worse. But its all part of the package. He raises the stakes with his mouth and because he can handle that pressure that also puts more pressure on his opponents. The mind game is a big weapon for him. Aldo will have to be 100% mentally as well as physically to win.

A good example of that as DC vs Jones i think. DC looked like he wasnt all there mentally. The stakes were way too high for him and i think it got to him.

...would as many pick him to beat Aldo?

As things are almost 30% are picking him to beat Aldo. Which is kinda strange imo. Not because i don't rate Conor as a fighter, because i really do, but rather because Aldo is a P4P fighter who's come very close to cleaning out of his division. He's one of those dominant champs who you don't pick to lose until they actually do.

So what you think, how much has the persona Conor has been playing affected people's views on him as a fighter?

His skills are rated correctly. I don't think Aldo has power to KO Conor. Conor by TKO later rounds.

He would have zero chance of beating Aldo because he would have been faced with a wrestler by now and lost.

you mean if he was Gunnar Nelson?

The only thing similar with them is that they both were predicted to do huge things, I never thought Gunnar was that great, he almost seemed scared to exchange and was kind of boring. Connor is the opposite of this, he does talk a lot which depending on the person is good or not. The Kid can fight though no doubt, Jose didn't clean out the division either, I believe Frankie will beat him. If connor doesn't first which he could and id give him a 50-50. I don't think Aldo is the same as he was earlier in his ufc career.

The only thing similar with them is that they both were predicted to do huge things, I never thought Gunnar was that great, he almost seemed scared to exchange and was kind of boring. Connor is the opposite of this, he does talk a lot which depending on the person is good or not. The Kid can fight though no doubt, Jose didn't clean out the division either, I believe Frankie will beat him. If connor doesn't first which he could and id give him a 50-50. I don't think Aldo is the same as he was earlier in his ufc career.

He already beat Edgar?

He might have needed one more win, but seriously.. Look at how he demolished his opponents and did so in an easy way, he would be fighting Frankie next I think for the number one contender spot. But he's money NOW, so Dana wants him to fight Aldo NOW.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back