If Conor was quiet guy with a boring personality

Do you want zero people to believe Conor can win? Because I told you why people believe he can win, and you disagree. What else do you want to talk about? You clearly don't think Conor has the skills to beat Aldo. Great. Some people do.

The number will be never be zero, regardless of who's fighting Aldo. I just think that 30% is a wee bit high, given what we've seen from both fighters. I'm attributing that to Conor's personality, which you for some strange reason seem to think is a part of his skill set.

Lol, and this is who i've been discussing with? GTFO kid.

Mark-Hominick-Face-4.jpg

Did a takedown to that to him?

That happened off an elbow on the ground. So how does that undo my point? Did you actually see the fight? Aldo didn't blow him out of the water on the feet at all. Hominick was right there with him.

Granted, he got dropped once IIRC, but anyone who actually saw the fight knows that Aldo won rounds largely based on his takedown ability.

But then again, why discuss actual fights when you can post pictures and talk about autism and call people "kid."

The number will be never be zero, regardless of who's fighting Aldo. I just think that 30% is a wee bit high, given what we've seen from both fighters. I'm attributing that to Conor's personality, which you for some strange reason seem to think is a part of his skill set.

Conor has blown through everyone he's fought in the UFC with ease, as he's promised he would. He's probably the biggest puncher in the FW division. Is it crazy that some people think he'll just continue to do that? That he might make good on his promises to dominate, which to this point he's delivered on?

You can't be serious lol. You didn't notice his talking until the Siver fight?

I still don't know where the GOAT stuff came from - Or this 'Conor Bless' garbage.

His trash talk is pretty funny though. He's probably my favourite fighter.

If Conor was a quiet Russian everyone on Sherdog would be all over his dick.

Are they really that many? He's a decent, top 10 fighter. Very good match up for Conor, that's what's most have been saying.

I've been arguing for 2 days against people saying Siver is a crap win and he needs a wrestler like Mendes or Lentz.

That happened off an elbow on the ground. So how does that undo my point? Did you actually see the fight? Aldo didn't blow him out of the water on the feet at all. Hominick was right there with him.

Granted, he got dropped once IIRC, but anyone who actually saw the fight knows that Aldo won rounds largely based on his takedown ability.

But then again, why discuss actual fights when you can post pictures and talk about autism and call people "kid."

Aldo beat him up for 4 rounds, it was pretty much a blowout until he gassed. Aldo landed merely 5 TD's, so it was hardly his wrestling which won him that fight.

Conor has blown through everyone he's fought in the UFC with ease, as he's promised he would. He's probably the biggest puncher in the FW division. Is it crazy that some people think he'll just continue to do that? That he might make good on his promises to dominate, which to this point he's delivered on?

Yeah, it is a bit crazy, given who's fighting next. Aldo is on a different level than guys like Brandao or Siver.

I dont think so - Siver was having success with his leg kicks, and counters. He landed clean shots on Conor a few times in the fight. If he can do it - Aldo can. The only difference is, Aldo hits harder, faster, adn he's more accurate. He wont back up turtling his head eating shots. It should be a great fight, but I believe Aldo will prove he's the best.

Aldo beat him up for 4 rounds, it was pretty much a blowout until he gassed. Aldo landed merely 5 TD's, so it was hardly his wrestling which won him that fight.

He won the fight convincingly. But like I said originally, he didn't blow him out on the feet. There were points where Rogan was creaming himself about how Aldo was getting outboxed. He obviously went too far, but it was a competitive matchup on the feet.

Honestly, the talk does little for me, I mostly find it amusing.

But It was the way he won his final Cage Warriors fight that made me think he was a bit special, his UFC debut against Brimage confirmed it for me, that was a Prime anderson Silva like display.

From that point on I would have picked him against most of the FW division, he has answered every question posed to him without showing any real weekness.

The way he scrambled and fought off Siver's takedowns and trips removed any doubt for me as to weather he could beat Edgar or Mendes.

I now See Aldo as the only fighter who can maybe stop him, people think Conor wont be able to deal with the leg kicks, but i'm not sure Aldo will be able to deal with Conors hands, fighters seem to take a few of Conors punches and start to wilt, then they start to look for a way out.

Yeah, it is a bit crazy, given who's fighting next. Aldo is on a different level than guys like Brandao or Siver.

He is. But if there is a guy that would beat Aldo, he'd probably need to be running through guys like McGregor is running through guys. No one has had anything for him at all.

It's not like he landed lucky shots in wild brawls, no one has even come close to taking a round off of him.

It's totally conceivable that Conor lands on Aldo and puts him away. That isn't insane at all. He's probably the best striker in the division outside of Aldo himself.

Connor was exactly what the UFC needed and needs right now for the lighter weightclasses. He talks the talk, and wins convincingly. He'll be making Aldo alot of money, bringing eyes on a less than popular division, and I think give Aldo a great fight. It's really win win here I think.

...would as many pick him to beat Aldo?

As things are almost 30% are picking him to beat Aldo. Which is kinda strange imo. Not because i don't rate Conor as a fighter, because i really do, but rather because Aldo is a P4P fighter who's come very close to cleaning out of his division. He's one of those dominant champs who you don't pick to lose until they actually do.

So what you think, how much has the persona Conor has been playing affected people's views on him as a fighter?

If my aunt had a dick...

Goat walks the walk doesnt just talk the talk.

It's gonna be an interesting fight. Personally, I look at Aldo's fights against strikers and they weren't that great. If Mark Hominick could stuff a takedown, he very well might have been able to beat Aldo.

Except that fight occurred before a noticeable evolution in Aldos boxing game.

He is. But if there is a guy that would beat Aldo, he'd probably need to be running through guys like McGregor is running through guys. No one has had anything for him at all.

It's not like he landed lucky shots in wild brawls, no one has even come close to taking a round off of him.

It's totally conceivable that Conor lands on Aldo and puts him away. That isn't insane at all. He's probably the best striker in the division outside of Aldo himself.

Conor hits like a 185lber. Roughly quoted: "They don't understand till they feel my power" - I honestly believe this quote.

From the outside you can tell he is talented. His opposition can tell he is talented - but until they face him, it is easy to brush him off as just a talented [Untested] prospect.

IMO he will put Aldo out and damage him the same way Chuck brutalised Tito. It won't be close.

Last edited:
If he didn't have the charisma and associated hype then he would probably be having to beat an Edgar or Mendes to get a title shot, he has certainly increased my interest in a division that aldo had effectively cleaned out, being a big puncher in a division where alot of the fights go the distance helps as well

Back