If conor KOs khabib. Will you put respect on that name

how? lol. I just asked a question lol.

1 - thinking that Conor would KO Khabib.
2 - using Conor’s wins as a huge FW to examine his chances against an undefeated, terrible matchup, bigger and nasty LW.

Now you see that even with Conor’s annihilation and complete humiliation by Khabib, Conortards are able to make excuses for Conor and are not giving Khabib any respect.

Hence, your thread was retarded.

1 - thinking that Conor would KO Khabib.
2 - using Conor’s wins as a huge FW to examine his chances against an undefeated, terrible matchup, bigger and nasty LW.

Now you see that even with Conor’s annihilation and complete humiliation by Khabib, Conortards are able to make excuses for Conor and are not giving Khabib any respect.

Hence, your thread was retarded.
1- never said he would KO khabib
2- never did that either

look through my post history. I hate McGregor. but he has a respectable resume

Khabib will be the ultimate ph test for Conor Crybabies.

Because even as a Conor fan if you live in the real world it's impossible to ignore that:
  • Max was off a loss and green AF when he was sent in against a Conor who was significantly more experienced, mid-20s and on a 9-win streak.
  • Chad was short notice AF, had been goofing off on holiday in New Zealand and had been called out by Bang Ludwig as not being a guy who was "always in the gym" like his beloved son/bff TJ.
  • 13 seconds is a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiiiiiiiny sample size. You don't need a PhD in statistical science to know only a witless buffoon takes too many concrete conclusions from a 13 second fight.
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, anyone who refuses to bow to Conor after he takes Khabib's 0 will lose all credibility forever.

But isn't this just cry baby excuse making, I mean you also ignore that in the Holloway fight that you break down here that Conor dominated him fighting half the fight with a blown out knee-so isn't that fair to mention, given it's a much much bigger disadvantage than any Max was holding on the night.

You really think, given Aldos fights after and before with how open and poor his striking is any fight with Conor would be much different? It's been years and people still don't give any credit to the fact that Conor destroyed one of the PVP best at the time in 13 seconds and suddenly that's a bad thing. Like offence intended here but people are so precious over Conor having god forbid 1 legitimate win that they will even come up with '13 seconds is too quick' reasoning to somehow discredit the fight.

I think in a rematch tho Conor would never beat Khabib until some serious changes are made to his conditioning. Khabib is an animal that could have mauled Conor for 25 mins and McGregor was fit to be finished in like 3-5 minutes.

I hope the suspension isn't 9 months and we get Tony fight soon and Conor should fight Lee for a belt shot.

You did both in this thread, THIS one in which we are in, in the OP.
All I said is that Conor deserves respect for who he has beat then I asked if people would respect him if he KO'd khabib.

no where did I predict or state that it would happen, stop reaching

But isn't this just cry baby excuse making, I mean you also ignore that in the Holloway fight that you break down here that Conor dominated him fighting half the fight with a blown out knee-so isn't that fair to mention, given it's a much much bigger disadvantage than any Max was holding on the night.

You really think, given Aldos fights after and before with how open and poor his striking is any fight with Conor would be much different? It's been years and people still don't give any credit to the fact that Conor destroyed one of the PVP best at the time in 13 seconds and suddenly that's a bad thing. Like offence intended here but people are so precious over Conor having god forbid 1 legitimate win that they will even come up with '13 seconds is too quick' reasoning to somehow discredit the fight.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

1. Weird. You respond as if the post is anti-Conor when the post is CLEARLY pro-Conor. This is obvious to any English-speaking person with above 2nd grade reading comprehension when I open it by calling the Conor haters "Crybabies" and end it by stating confidently that Conor will take Khabib's 0. The correct way to respond to that post (and the several threads I made predicting Conor would wax Khabib) is to laugh at me for being spectacularly wrong, not ... whatever you did.
  2. Conor's knee wasn't damaged until halfway through the Max fight. Max wrecked his ankle 10 seconds into the fight. Funny how I "ignored" Max having severely limited mobility too, huh? And Max (21yo, 9 fights) was significantly greener than Conor (25yo, 15 fights). And Max was off a loss while Conor was on a 9-win streak. For TRUE Conor fans, like me, this stuff isn't stuff you have to ignore. These are just facts TRUE Conor fans like myself acknowledge to show the doubters we are not an insecure mancrushers like waaaaaay too many Conor fans are.
  3. You say "It's been years and people still don't give any credit to the fact that Conor destroyed one of the PVP best at the time in 13 seconds". I've made multiple posts AND at least one thread giving Conor - my 2nd favourite fighter to watch - props for the victory over Aldo. I've never claimed it was a "bad thing" that Conor beat Aldo in 13 seconds. But when the doubters bring up the fact that 13 seconds is a tiny sample size, that's simply not debatable. Not to anyone with (a.) any common sense and/or (b.) even the most rudimentary understanding of statistical theory. In general Aldo's striking is superior to any other opponent McGregor has ever faced at 145, and yet Aldo was the one he starched in 13 seconds? Anyone who is living in the real world knows that even if Conor won an immediate rematch it would not have happened the same way, so when the doubters bring that up as a reason for the doubt a realist admits they are not crazy for thinking that.

The OBVIOUS point of my post was to set up a narrative of doubt-erasure by acknowledging that some of the reasons the Conor Crybabies continued to doubt Conor were legit, BUT that after he beat Khabib there would be nowhere left for the Conor Crybabies to hide. Obviously it backfired on me since he lost to Khabib, but who gives a fuck, Conor's still my second favourite fighter to watch. We win or we learn, right?

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

1. Weird. You respond as if the post is anti-Conor when the post is CLEARLY pro-Conor. This is obvious to any English-speaking person with above 2nd grade reading comprehension when I open it by calling the Conor haters "Crybabies" and end it by stating confidently that Conor will take Khabib's 0. The correct way to respond to that post (and the several threads I made predicting Conor would wax Khabib) is to laugh at me for being spectacularly wrong, not ... whatever you did.
  2. Conor's knee wasn't damaged until halfway through the Max fight. Max wrecked his ankle 10 seconds into the fight. Funny how I "ignored" Max having severely limited mobility too, huh? And Max (21yo, 9 fights) was significantly greener than Conor (25yo, 15 fights). And Max was off a loss while Conor was on a 9-win streak. For TRUE Conor fans, like me, this stuff isn't stuff you have to ignore. These are just facts TRUE Conor fans like myself acknowledge to show the doubters we are not an insecure mancrushers like waaaaaay too many Conor fans are.
  3. You say "It's been years and people still don't give any credit to the fact that Conor destroyed one of the PVP best at the time in 13 seconds". I've made multiple posts AND at least one thread giving Conor - my 2nd favourite fighter to watch - props for the victory over Aldo. I've never claimed it was a "bad thing" that Conor beat Aldo in 13 seconds. But when the doubters bring up the fact that 13 seconds is a tiny sample size, that's simply not debatable. Not to anyone with (a.) any common sense and/or (b.) even the most rudimentary understanding of statistical theory. In general Aldo's striking is superior to any other opponent McGregor has ever faced at 145, and yet Aldo was the one he starched in 13 seconds? Anyone who is living in the real world knows that even if Conor won an immediate rematch it would not have happened the same way, so when the doubters bring that up as a reason for the doubt a realist admits they are not crazy for thinking that.

The OBVIOUS point of my post was to set up a narrative of doubt-erasure by acknowledging that some of the reasons the Conor Crybabies continued to doubt Conor were legit, BUT that after he beat Khabib there would be nowhere left for the Conor Crybabies to hide. Obviously it backfired on me since he lost to Khabib, but who gives a fuck, Conor's still my second favourite fighter to watch. We win or we learn, right?
But that's what I was saying even as a 'Conor fan' those 'impossible' to ignore facts don't hold any weight.

I don't see McGregor getting passed Poirier or Ferguson these days. Great fighter in the pass when he had no money now the man is too rich to take it seriously

Not really. I mean so what we should just say none of those wins mean much? And give 2 fighters who were KO'd a pass cos they both bitched after the fight? Maybe you could pass Max cos he was young, but wasn't Conor only 3 years older than Max so he wasn't some huge experience level above him, infact correct me if I'm wrong but at the time Max had way more fights for UFC than McGregor, and he had a blown out ACL at the time so I think it's 3 guys who got beat, only Mendes really put up a fight, and people come up with the weakest of excuses to discredit those wins.

We never see the same level of fact checking with other fighters. Saying 'so and so only won cos of...' so ppl doing the same for every Conor win is odd and strange behavior. I mean you know you're pedaling some level of stupidity when you are using a 13 second KO loss to discredit the winner. You're right I wonder how easily McGregor would have got his shit pushed in by Aldo had he remained conscious for more than a few seconds.

Do you see how stupid that sounds from the 'crybabies' as you would call them.

I mean so what we should just say none of those wins mean much?

No. If I was saying that why would I have specifically made that thread about how monumentally significant Conor's win over Aldo was?

And give 2 fighters who were KO'd a pass cos they both bitched after the fight? Maybe you could pass Max cos he was young, but wasn't Conor only 3 years older than Max so he wasn't some huge experience level above him, infact correct me if I'm wrong but at the time Max had way more fights for UFC than McGregor, and he had a blown out ACL at the time so I think it's 3 guys who got beat

How do you keep missing the part about Max having a wrecked ankle from 10 seconds into the fight while Conor's injury didn't happen until halfway through the fight? Can you not see that a guy with 15 fights is approaching double the number of fights of a guy who has only 9? Can you not see that a 24yo has been an "adult" for twice as long as a 21yo? Can you not see that a guy on a 9-win streak, including two title fights at different weight classes, has far better momentum than a guy off a loss?

And it's not about giving anyone a "pass", nor is it about discrediting wins. It's about recognizing that Wikipedia entries are a shithouse way to understand a fighter. It's about context. It's about wondering what would happen in a rematch - about what would happen if they fought out a trilogy instead of a single fight. You seem new, but maybe you've heard of the Cain/JDS trilogy, where Cain was KTFO inside 2 minutes of the 1st fight then mostly dominated the 2nd and 3rd fights. Those 2nd and 3rd fights didn't erase what happened in the 1st fight nor erase the fact that JDS was the UFC HW champion, but they definitely put the rivalry in a much clearer context than a single fight can. Given what we've seen from Holloway, Mendes and Aldo, a non-biased, sober analyst can't help but see strong paths to victory for all three opponents in a hypothetical rematch. (Or at least they could at the time, less so now - Conor's TDD and cardio now are far better than they were when he fought Mendes and Aldo, two guys who (with full camps) had killer cardio and TDs at the time Conor fought them.)

We never see the same level of fact checking with other fighters. Saying 'so and so only won cos of...' so ppl doing the same for every Conor win is odd and strange behavior.

This is part of why you seem new. Because in reality this level of fact checking goes on for EVERY high level fighter and has done so since the very beginning with Royce's victories and continues to this day. If you'd been around the sport for a while you'd know that the careers of Anderson and Fedor and GSP and Aldo and Demetrious have been subjected to MOUNTAINS of this kind of talk.

I mean, shit, you know how I said Conor is my second favourite? My first favourite is Jonny Bones. That doesn't mean I erase from history the context of his win against Mauricio "Returning from yet another knee surgery" Rua or Quinton "Please don't wrestle me" Jackson or Lyoto "Short notice and on a 1-2 skid" Machida or Vitor "Hasn't even fought at LHW for half a decade" Belfort. None of these are "illegitimate" victories for my boy Bones, but the real story behind his killer run is waaaay the fuck more interesting than the gooey-eyed "OMG HE BEAT SEVENTEEN FORMER CHAMPIONS!!!" trotted out by those who are infatuated with the man.

This is the key difference between being a fan of a fighter and being someone with a mancrush on a fighter.

No. If I was saying that why would I have specifically made that thread about how monumentally significant Conor's win over Aldo was?

How do you keep missing the part about Max having a wrecked ankle from 10 seconds into the fight while Conor's injury didn't happen until halfway through the fight? Can you not see that a guy with 15 fights is approaching double the number of fights of a guy who has only 9? Can you not see that a 24yo has been an "adult" for twice as long as a 21yo? Can you not see that a guy on a 9-win streak, including two title fights at different weight classes, has far better momentum than a guy off a loss?

And it's not about giving anyone a "pass", nor is it about discrediting wins. It's about recognizing that Wikipedia entries are a shithouse way to understand a fighter. It's about context. It's about wondering what would happen in a rematch - about what would happen if they fought out a trilogy instead of a single fight. You seem new, but maybe you've heard of the Cain/JDS trilogy, where Cain was KTFO inside 2 minutes of the 1st fight then mostly dominated the 2nd and 3rd fights. Those 2nd and 3rd fights didn't erase what happened in the 1st fight nor erase the fact that JDS was the UFC HW champion, but they definitely put the rivalry in a much clearer context than a single fight can. Given what we've seen from Holloway, Mendes and Aldo, a non-biased, sober analyst can't help but see strong paths to victory for all three opponents in a hypothetical rematch. (Or at least they could at the time, less so now - Conor's TDD and cardio now are far better than they were when he fought Mendes and Aldo, two guys who (with full camps) had killer cardio and TDs at the time Conor fought them.)

This is part of why you seem new. Because in reality this level of fact checking goes on for EVERY high level fighter and has done so since the very beginning with Royce's victories and continues to this day. If you'd been around the sport for a while you'd know that the careers of Anderson and Fedor and GSP and Aldo and Demetrious have been subjected to MOUNTAINS of this kind of talk.

I mean, shit, you know how I said Conor is my second favourite? My first favourite is Jonny Bones. That doesn't mean I erase from history the context of his win against Mauricio "Returning from yet another knee surgery" Rua or Quinton "Please don't wrestle me" Jackson or Lyoto "Short notice and on a 1-2 skid" Machida or Vitor "Hasn't even fought at LHW for half a decade" Belfort. None of these are "illegitimate" victories for my boy Bones, but the real story behind his killer run is waaaay the fuck more interesting than the gooey-eyed "OMG HE BEAT SEVENTEEN FORMER CHAMPIONS!!!" trotted out by those who are infatuated with the man.

This is the key difference between being a fan of a fighter and being someone with a mancrush on a fighter.
Sorry got halfway through-to the 'you seem new bit' along with the previous postings about reading comprehension and w/e. Yeah, no not really interested in that kind of talk to be honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back