If Connor Loses, Backlash from Fighters: Epic

dana is already laying the foundation for recovery if he loses: he was crazy to try it, but what guts! people will respect the "craziness" or ferocious competitive spirit even if he loses. thats what DW is trying to set up. and in all honesty, its kind of true. it is nuts to win one belt and immediately go and try win the one of the next class up.
if he loses big, it will definitely hurt his brand. problem with conors whole persona, sort of like ronda, its based in winning with little room for mistakes. he loses, then loses to frankie ... train ride over. he'll have to retire with the 30 million dollars he made in 2 years, and a mansion full of coke and hookers. tough stuff.

Conor-Sage-ronda.jpg
Don't forget PVZ.

See, this is what is going to make the fan backlash insane also. Nuthuggers having feelings like someone was trash talking their mom.

Imagine the FIGHTERS that have skin in the game and feel that they're getting short changed. Wow, it'll be something. Just think about the difference in pay between sage and connor. Sage is only making about 20/20 more than he should. From other fighters' perspective, how much is connor getting that is seen as unearned??? enough to get fighters riled up. LOL

Conor has earned every penny.

Conor is moving up to fight the legitimate champion of another division. Hes taking a risk here so why would there be a backlash? Some people claim fighters are scared to fight bigger guys when Conor does it now a problem?

Conor loses it will hurt hes reputation, but the impact, will not be as big say what if he had lost to Aldo! Conor trashing talking of Aldo he had to win that fight.

true, buts he's also already stated he'll knock him out in less than a minute. tough to get respect after a loss, when you go on and on about how bad the other guy is, and how he's no challenge for you. we will see. if he loses a war, he'll be fine. he gets wrecked, be tough.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. I'm sure he knows the drill.

Conor proved himself as legit with his fighting and his wins over the top guys at 145.

The backlash would be hard, but pretty much illogical and a proof of lacking intelligence, or at least letting emotions get the priority. He's more accomplished than 90% of them all at this point, he's the freaking champion by beating the #1 P4P fighter in 13 seconds.

Them shitting on him for losing, or calling his hype train derailed would be so ironic and moronic on so many levels. It'd be like saying "I told you this guy who's myriads better than me is just a hack" .. yeah, and that'd make you what?

I'd understand the backlash more if he'd lost against Aldo. Then they could shit on him for not being as legit as his mouth is, but he didn't lose. He beat the #1 fighter in the world. In 13 seconds. If that's legitimizing him, then I don't know what would be ..

Should he lose, it'll be an interesting filter to see which ones would let emotions go before logic, and how many would be shitting over themselves without even knowing it.

If he lose this fight nothing changes for Conor. His mentality/belief will stay the same and he will still keep starching ppl at LW and he will still be one of the biggest draws in the sport.

How will the hype train be derailed? He has already proven that the hype was warranted, hype train stuff has left the station.

Now if he loses, he was still as good as he proclaimed to be, he just lost. Also let's not forget, he's moving up a weight category to fight.

Sage got backlash because he got promoted heavily and paid quite a bit for someone who was 1-0 in the UFC and had nothing that warranted it.

Conor is the 145 lb champion and beat Aldo in 13 seconds, whether you like Conor or don't game recognizes game, Conor proved himself, Sage didn't. I'm sure some people will laugh at Conor(mostly Brazilians) but it won't be anything like Sage.

No. It would probably be more like Ronda's backlash.

If he lose this fight nothing changes for Conor. His mentality/belief will stay the same and he will still keep starching ppl at LW and he will still be one of the biggest draws in the sport.

I totally disagree. If he loses, especially at LW, tons of people will use the Jones angle with him.

"He finally fought a guy his size, and he didn't look like the the GOAT he used to look like". And with Conor, this will put doubt in his mind, and will eat away at him that maybe he's not good enough to be great at both weight divisions, and maybe it is his size advantage, and his ability to take FWs hits, but not LWs hits. It'll be a mental minf fuck to him, because he's all about self belief. If his " self" wasn't good enough, then what? Maybe then he'll start doubting himself a little bit, and his mentality won't be the same.

Conor changed his bum plumber's life with his shit talking. (And skill) If he loses to RDA he can comfort himself with all of the money he's made.
Most shit talkin tweets clowning his hypothetical loss to RDA will just come across as sour grapes for the most part. Up till this point the guy has done exactly what he said he was going to do. His defeat over Aldo in the fashion that he did it, already puts him above the level of what most fighters could ever hope to accomplish.
Despite an average career, Serra will always be remembered as the guy that KOd GSP. No one is going to forget Conor.

Conor makes tons of money for anyone on the cards he headlines if they are setup for a PPV %.

I think Conor winning is in everyone's best interest. Anything that brings attention to the sport of that magnitude should be embraced. Fickle ass fans.

That's party of the reason why Conor is so popular. He clearly doesn't give a fuck, because he's risking everything on a loss by promoting himself the way he does. In his mind, he's already the champion in three weight divisions.

JBJ hasnt been talking trash since day 1 of joining the UFC, even if Conor has already accomplished enough to warrant a place in UFC history, if he has a big loss against RDA the backlash will be there, every fighter that generates the amount of attention that Conor did gets some haters in the process, not every Floyd M. PPV buy was a fan, but they were still paying to see if he was going to get beat.
I'm saying it shouldn't be considered a "big loss". He's moving up in weight to fight a dominant champion. If he lost to Frankie, that would be a huge loss. If GSP moved up and lost to Anderson, would he deserve much criticism? Same with Weidman/Rockhold vs Jones. 99.99% of people in Conor's shoes would play it safe and stay at 145 to keep killing an already killed division and keep getting paid. That fact he's doing what he's doing.. he shouldn't deserve much shit if he loses the fight. But this is Shertard.com so we all know he'll take a lot of heat if he doesnt win.

I'm saying it shouldn't be considered a "big loss". He's moving up in weight to fight a dominant champion. If he lost to Frankie, that would be a huge loss. If GSP moved up and lost to Anderson, would he deserve much criticism? Same with Weidman/Rockhold vs Jones. 99.99% of people in Conor's shoes would play it safe and stay at 145 to keep killing an already killed division and keep getting paid. That fact he's doing what he's doing.. he shouldn't deserve much shit if he loses the fight. But this is Shertard.com so we all know he'll take a lot of heat if he doesnt win.

I get what you say and agree with you for the most part, but all of them were not talking so much trash if any about the upper weight class champion even before they would beat the one in their own class, that is basically my point, everyone going for the upper weight class right after winning the the belt should get respect for doing it, regardless of the outcome, but when one is talking the same amount of trash, well, the pile just gets bigger and bigger and it might fall on him one day, and it will if he loses to RDA, specially in devastating fashion, for the most part it is a win-win situation for Conor, as he would be back fighting for the 145 title and still be champion, hype will take a big hit, but not completely derailed until if he ever loses the 145 belt, something that might never happen.

There is no shame in losing to the champ in the weight class above you.

I'd say it's closer to what Ronda got, but with some shitty logic behind it.

1: "ALL HYPE!". Well, he KO'd both Mendes & Aldo and would still be 7-0 as a UFC FW. Way past "hype only"

2: "THAT's WHAT YOU GET FOR TALKING SHIT!". He made millions because of it and wasn't a bad sport after the fight (presumably if this continues when he loses in the UFC, he was classy when he lost before).

3: "P4P MY ASS. OVERRATED". Moved up a weight class to challenge the champ. Coming up with a win has just happened a couple of times.

So Sage got it because of hype/pay jealousy. Ronda for her attitude and exaggerations. Conor for...um...mind games and having balls.

You already have a bet with me you little bitch. The loser will have his account taken away by a mod.

I made sure of it pal.

Wow, a 2 month old account bet?!?!!??!?!?!?

Your balls must be huge.

Back