If Bisping wins, will he finally get some respect around here?

Always respected him as a fighter. Just don't like his antics or his attitude (though he can be funny at times). Nor do i like the fact he is a top 5 mw without ever beating a top 5 mw. and only has 1 top 10 win imo.

Vitor would be the best win of his career, and a nice feather in his cap.

Always respected him as a fighter. Just don't like his antics or his attitude (though he can be funny at times). Nor do i like the fact he is a top 5 mw without ever beating a top 5 mw. and only has 1 top 10 win imo.

Vitor would be the best win of his career, and a nice feather in his cap.

Just off the top of my head, Maia, Marquardt and Okami all raced into the top 5 without ever beating a top 5 opponent too.

Before it inevitably gets mentioned, when Maia beat Chael he wasn't ranked top 10, let alone top 5.

If he wins....people will just say 'but he's going to get destroyed by Anderson' and completely look over the fact that he beat Belfort.

If he wins....people will just say 'but he's going to get destroyed by Anderson' and completely look over the fact that he beat Belfort.

There's already been a thread arguing that Vitor should retire if he loses to a fighter the calibre of Bisping lol.

I will definitely respect Bisping more if he wins this fight.

No doubt the guy is a good fighter, but IMO he needs a few big name wins to be considered top tier. Belfort is one of those weird fighters who is considered dangerous and a pushover at the same time, but I think he is a stiff test for any fighter.

From Americans? No. From others he gets the the respect he deserves. If he was american and Hendo was British there would be no end of sh!t talking about how dirty the late hit was but since Bisping is the Brit it was the most awesome thing ever and will live on in Gifs for eternity.

I don't know where this comes from. Americans love the British more than they do people from any other country. The only one that is close is Canada.

People don't like Bisping because he has acted like a jerk.

Ps
It's not just Americans that hate him.

If this thread has tought you anything ts it's that the majority of sherdoggers are pathetic hypocrites. They blast Bisping for being disrespectful whilst being more disrespectful to him than he has ever been to one of his opponents.

Um, calling a guy out for kneeing a downed opponent or spitting on someone is hardly being more disrespectful than what Bisping did. Please try to limit your posts to FACTS.

Bisping is in that weird spot where everyone understand he's not a bum... but he's been bolstered by the company as seemingly better than he really is for political purposes (in the eyes of most).

While Vitor will be a bigger win, is a man who's only fought 4 times since the start of 2011. Now, to be fair, he is 2-2 with those two losses being to some amazing fighters.

But I honestly.... I stress HONESTLY.... do not know where Vitor truly stands in the top 10, given his lack of consistent fighting and not having fought in the weightclass for over a year. In his beating Anthony Johnson and Akiyama, he seems to be an overglorified gatekeeper at this point.

That said, he'll still be Bispings best win other than Stann, which doesn't say much for Bisping.... and in the end I guess that means Bisping will get about the same amount of respect from me.

I just don't see him as an elite fighter... but he's a damn good'n.

The more I think about it the less I think that a win over Vitor should earn him a title shot, but whatever. If he wins he'll get his shot and then get destroyed by Anderson so I'm fine with that.

As far as Sherdog goes, they'll say that Bisping beat oldass TRT Vitor who hasn't done anything lately, whether that's true or not.

Just off the top of my head, Maia, Marquardt and Okami all raced into the top 5 without ever beating a top 5 opponent too.

Before it inevitably gets mentioned, when Maia beat Chael he wasn't ranked top 10, let alone top 5.

That doesn't change my opinion on Bisping, yes a lot of other fighters get into the top 10 or top 5 by not getting any top wins. That's bullshit as well.

Bisping should be ranked in the top 10 imo, not the top 5. Even though Vitor isn't top 5 at mw, a win over him would place Bisping in the top 5 imo. That would be two qaulity wins in a row, one a former ufc champ

It will be the best win of his career.

It will be the best win of his career.

Agreed,I slightly favour Vitor in this match,but wouldn't bet heavily on him.Whoever wins I don't think Anderson will be loosing any sleep,Weidmann s a bigger threat to him,and he has next to no chance.

I think Bisbing is really good, I just don't like the guy. I believe he thrives of being the bad guy so in a way me rooting against him is helping him! So to no lol

Nope, everyone will just discredit the shit out of Belfort.

That doesn't change my opinion on Bisping, yes a lot of other fighters get into the top 10 or top 5 by not getting any top wins. That's bullshit as well.

Bisping should be ranked in the top 10 imo, not the top 5. Even though Vitor isn't top 5 at mw, a win over him would place Bisping in the top 5 imo. That would be two qaulity wins in a row, one a former ufc champ

I agree, but who deserves to be above him at the moment? Weidman and Okami are the only two that stand out at the moment for me (besides Anderson of course.) The problem at middlweight is that the top fighters rarely face each other, so it's hard to gauge where people stand in the division.

Of course not...All of his haters will post pics of him getting KO'd by hendo, say something was wrong with Vitor, talk about how bad he'll get destroyed by Andy, and so on and so forth.

He would get respect from sherdogers IF the W didn't mean he got to fight Silva next BUT sense he does get the title shot if he wins tonight people will trash talk him anyway simply to say Silva is getting another gimme fight. If Silva wasn't involved in the picture people would applaud him for an awesome win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back