If Bisping wins, will he finally get some respect around here?

After the Chael Sonnen fight I'm starting to respect his skills more, but it's doing nothing for my opinion about him him acting like a jackass.

Much like Sonnen fans, I never understand why Bisping fans get mad about people not liking him. He knows what he's doing. He gins up controversy to sell fights. There's nothing wrong with that, but he's trading respect for money. If he's ok with people hating him so he can rake in some extra cash, why does it bother his fans so much that people hate?

Let's not pretend that guys like Bisping, Koscheck, Tito, etc. are victims. They encourage negative responses with their behavior, and they have a purpose behind it. I never feel bad for a man who gets what he wants.

HE IS THE ONE WHO MAKES EXCUSES!

According to him, he has never lost a fight, he's always robbed. He never acknowledges that fights he has "won" could have gone either way. He doesn't have humility. THAT's why people mock him.

But he's a great fighter, very well rounded. Deserving of the title shot. Easily could be top 3 at his weight. will probably beat Belfort. And underneath that exterior he does seem to be an okay guy.

But I still don't give him a shot against Anderson.

He's never bitched about the Hendo KO and you can make arguments that he beat Wandy and Sonnen

No because its sherdog,

Guys like anderson silva fedor, and gsp arent that great and dont get any repect.

He's never bitched about the Hendo KO and you can make arguments that he beat Wandy and Sonnen

LOL.

What the hell would he ever be able to say about the Hendo fight?

"Premature stoppage!"

I think it was implied that it was all of his other fights that he thinks he won them all. Which is ridiculous considering the gift he was given in the Hammil fight.

He already gets plenty of respect

The haters will continue to hate especially the Vitor fans

No, because if he beats Vitor, he will be old, washed up, chin gone, no cardio, can etc. The magic of Sherdog.

I'm a fan of Bisping but when he fights the likes of Vitor/Wand I got to hate him.

If he does beats Vitor w he deserves the respect from the mma community and definitely deserves a title shot.

Don't know how people can say Weidman deserves it more than Bisping.

I already respect his fighting ability, he is very good. He just seems like a giant douche/bully, so I'm just not a fan.

LOL.

What the hell would he ever be able to say about the Hendo fight?

"Premature stoppage!"

I think it was implied that it was all of his other fights that he thinks he won them all. Which is ridiculous considering the gift he was given in the Hammil fight.

He could say fighters on PEDs shouldn't be fighting.

From Americans? No. From others he gets the the respect he deserves. If he was american and Hendo was British there would be no end of sh!t talking about how dirty the late hit was but since Bisping is the Brit it was the most awesome thing ever and will live on in Gifs for eternity.

Bisping is a good fighter who has been on the cusp of the Elite. He dominates anybody outside the top 5 but has come up on the short end against the cream of the crop. He arguably beat Sonnen, got KOed by Hendo, split D vs Evans. He hasnt lost to anybody that he shouldn't have.

Classic case of projection. Brits may back fighters because they are British. Americans rarely back fighters simply because they are Americans. Americans are among the least nationalistic MMA fans.

Also, while I agree Bisping is on the cusp of the elite, has he really dominated anyone outside of the top 5? Maybe outside of the top ten, but who has he dominated inside the top 10? Stann was a good win for Bisping, but hardly dominant.

classic case of projection. Brits may back fighters because they are british. Americans rarely back fighters simply because they are americans. Americans are among the least nationalistic mma fans.

Also, while i agree bisping is on the cusp of the elite, has he really dominated anyone outside of the top 5? Maybe outside of the top ten, but who has he dominated inside the top 10? Stann was a good win for bisping, but hardly dominant.

usa! Usa! Usa!

I agree, but who deserves to be above him at the moment? Weidman and Okami are the only two that stand out at the moment for me (besides Anderson of course.) The problem at middlweight is that the top fighters rarely face each other, so it's hard to gauge where people stand in the division.

I agree, like i said tho IF Bisping takes Vitor out that's a huge milestone for his career. Almost as big as winning TUF imo.

I use to hate Bisping but he is a very good fighter. He always comes to fight and is always in great shape. If you can't KO him, he will def decision you with his relentless pressure. I call him an A minus fighter. Probrobaly will never be champ but he is almost there.

he already earned my respect after getting H-bombed

Honestly I was the biggest Bisping hater but he's kind of grown on me. This is partially the UFC's fault as they only fed him very winnable fights for so long (to conserve his UK image) and he fell short against a lot of top names.

His wins leading up to the fight with Chael, and subsequent loss, really changed my opinion of him. Even though he lost to Chael he certainly proved that he could hang with nearly anyone in the division not named Anderson Silva. The guy is also a workhorse and consistently demands tough fights. I admire his determination despite the fact that he could easily coast on his value to the UK market.

I have Bisping winning tonight if Vitor doesn't come out guns blazing in the first (and even then this isn't a guarantee).

Back