If Bisping manages to beat Anderson, will he finally get some respect around here?

Once he convincingly beats a reputable fighter in his prime we'll talk. Unless Anderson is completely shot I think Bisping once again will embarrass himself with another pathetic performance. And whether you like it or not, if you embarrass yourself the way Bisping does on a regular basis, the way Bisping does, it's hard to build up some respect for him.

I've always respected Bisping as a fighter. I've never respected him as a person.

He has a great gas tank and is usually pretty exciting to watch IMO. He's just a twat. So many years later and I just can't shake the way he acted after his fight with Hamill. Believe me... I have lots of other reasons.

If he wins, he will likely not have earned that much respect, people will say that Silva is way out of his prime which will be true if Bisping beats him. Bisping should get respect for being a good fighter and a tough challenge for most. In recent years he's also not been as much of a dick as he used to be.

I agree with much if your technique based critique, but I don't agree that he should have been dq'd in any if the fights you mentioned.

Why not? The Rivera knee was one of the most flagrant illegal blows I have ever seen in MMA, and it changed the entire complexion of the fight. Rivera continued - but Rivera had just had his brain scrambled. You can't ask a fuckin' concussed man to make informed decisions.

The Belcher thing I guess there's an argument for - eyepokes seem to be okay in MMA considering Jones, Liddell, Shields et cetera - but the Belcher poke is seriously one of the grisliest I've ever seen. It also was a really retarded decision from a rules standpoint - if you can just foul to win a fight and go to the judges, then what's to stop a wrestler from laying on a dude for a round and then eyegouging the fuck out of him in the second and becoming unstoppable?

It's a damn shame that Mike has never gotten much respect. Might be his brash attitude? Weird how that can totally work for a guy like Conor but backfire on Bisping. Fans are a fickle bunch.

DSC2nWI.png

It's a damn shame that Mike has never gotten much respect. Might be his brash attitude? Weird how that can totally work for a guy like Conor but backfire on Bisping. Fans are a fickle bunch.

Difference is, Conor backs his trash talk up. Bisping backs nothing up, and has had his teeth knocked down his throat a few times. Yet, he's still talking like he's some knock out artist, and legend of the sport.

Worst is when people claim that the judges are biased because they're British.

The British judge scored it for Hammill, the two American judges scored it for Bisping.

It while true has zero to do with why "a few of us" had serious issue with Bisping outlandish verbal reaction to that gifted win. If it were British judges that gifted the decision win ABSOLUTELY nothing changes here.

It was clearly a gifted win. The Count clearly showed poor judgment, and questionable character in his deluded response.

He gets far too much respect starting off like that. Imagine if Ronda gets a gifted judgement decision in a rematch with Holly where she was clearly outclassed and goes all out "villain" totally discrediting Holm?

You would NOT be saying that Micheal is disrespected in comparison!

Why not? The Rivera knee was one of the most flagrant illegal blows I have ever seen in MMA, and it changed the entire complexion of the fight. Rivera continued - but Rivera had just had his brain scrambled. You can't ask a fuckin' concussed man to make informed decisions.

The Belcher thing I guess there's an argument for - eyepokes seem to be okay in MMA considering Jones, Liddell, Shields et cetera - but the Belcher poke is seriously one of the grisliest I've ever seen. It also was a really retarded decision from a rules standpoint - if you can just foul to win a fight and go to the judges, then what's to stop a wrestler from laying on a dude for a round and then eyegouging the fuck out of him in the second and becoming unstoppable?
I still don't think the Rivera knee was deliberate, I think he tried to time him coming up and fired too early, a foul ? Yes, and he was punished for it by losing a point, I also think Bisping was winning the fight, so i'm not sure it changed the entire complexion of the fight.

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn't already respect Ping as fighter is a fool, that being said...Anderson is gonna murder him.

Well the foul has to be unintentional, if the ref thought it was deliberate and the fighter couldn't continue then the guy who committed the foul would be disqualified.

No, I think he needs to be more consistent with winning. Personally I respect him because I like his tough and rugged style in and outside of the octagon, but he just doesn't know how to pull off those big wins.

Difference is, Conor backs his trash talk up. Bisping backs nothing up, and has had his teeth knocked down his throat a few times. Yet, he's still talking like he's some knock out artist, and legend of the sport.
Haha. Too true. I was being kind. Yeah, Mike has done a lot to make his own bed with the fans.

uuuh, not really.

It would kinda be like Arthur Fortune knocking out Muhammad Ali on the simpsons.

Kinda cool to have on your resume - but perspective is needed.

It wasn't working out that well for Conor until he started kicking ass and taking names. When mike goes crazy on trash talk, it means he's probably going to lose.

It wasn't working out that well for Conor until he started kicking ass and taking names. When mike goes crazy on trash talk, it means he's probably going to lose.

Haha! Yeah I guess historically that's about right. The more vocal Mike is the worse he usually ends up doing.
I've always liked him as a fight analyst and appreciate that he's actually posted here and written articles etc. I also thought he was a decent dude when he competed in TUF at least during the show.

First off, let's get it out of the way, Bisping probably will not win, the odds are against it as it they should be. I expect him to lose in all honesty, but this is MMA a sport which has proven time and again that anything happen.

I feel Bisping is a fighter who frankly doesn't get enough respect around here, whenever he is mentioned he is laughed at and as always some assholes posts the gif of his KO loss to Dan Henderson like it's they the only thing that ever happened in his life or career.

If Bisping can win tomorrow will he finally get respect around here? I'm sorry to say but the answer is likely no, we'll peobably get a few thousand threads proclaiming that Anderson was never that good (he really was that good, steroid controversies aside) and excuses.
Weidman beat him 2x and barely got any respect. So ....no

Just got back from the fight, really surprised how Bisping was able to hurt Silva. He also showed a good chin and ate some really heavy shots.

I don't agree with the decision personally but I can see how the judges would score it for Bisping.

Bisping you'll never be champion but that was a damn gutsy performance.

No. Prime Anderson would have broken Bisping.

If Anserson loses it will but down to his leg/age.

Excuses beforehand and what is the excuse now?

You just can't bring yourself to stop being shitty about it.

Back