If Bisping manages to beat Anderson, will he finally get some respect around here?

First off, let's get it out of the way, Bisping probably will not win, the odds are against it as it they should be. I expect him to lose in all honesty, but this is MMA a sport which has proven time and again that anything happen.

I feel Bisping is a fighter who frankly doesn't get enough respect around here, whenever he is mentioned he is laughed at and as always some assholes posts the gif of his KO loss to Dan Henderson like it's they the only thing that ever happened in his life or career.

If Bisping can win tomorrow will he finally get respect around here? I'm sorry to say but the answer is likely no, we'll peobably get a few thousand threads proclaiming that Anderson was never that good (he really was that good, steroid controversies aside) and excuses.

No. Prime Anderson would have broken Bisping.

If Anserson loses it will but down to his leg/age.

The sad thing is, if not for known drugs cheats Bisping's only loss in his prime would be a split decision against Rashad Evans.

If it wasn't for incompetent refereeing he would've been DQed against Rivera and Belcher, so I figure it balances out.

he's a fighter that was unlucky to not be blessed with power.

While it's true that Bisping would probably never be a Manhoef style human sledgehammer, a lot of his feather fistedness throughout his career is due to bad technique. He never really sits down on his punches, immediately loses his posture if his opponent moves in on him and, when angered, will throw with a bit more emphasis but tends to have his footwork go to shit so he's throwing from the wrong foot. His composure's not the greatest either, so his accuracy tends to go, leaving him landing glancing shots to shoulders, cheekbones and foreheads when he should be dinging chins, temples and eyesockets. This leads to opponents realising they can move in on him with impunity, leading to such weird shit as an ancient tiny mummified Wanderlei effortlessly walking him down and dropping him or a 500 year old Jorje Rivera starting to land right hands non-stop, forcing Bisping to cheat to win.

It's frustrating, cause the dude had a lot of the attributes to be an all-time good'un, but I guess he's not the first fighter to be ruined by Wolfslair...

No. Dude has already earned my respect. I think he beat Wanderlei and Chael and am on the fence about his loss to Rashad. Dude has lost to nobody but champions. To me Bisping is basically Faber at this point.

Bisping deserves alot more respect than he gets. Id like to see you losers get hbombed and have a career after that. The guy is tenacious as any in the game. He dont listen to sherdoggers for shit.

If it wasn't for incompetent refereeing he would've been DQed against Rivera and Belcher, so I figure it balances out.

It's frustrating, cause the dude had a lot of the attributes to be an all-time good'un, but I guess he's not the first fighter to be ruined by Wolfslair...

Who was the other one?

if bisping wins, that would probably seal anderson's career. there will definetly be alot of "silva was out of his prime reactions" but for me this would show that bisping has evolved and will definetly get more respect from me (i already respect him though for all the work he is putting in even when not physically that gifted/roided)

Not me. I thought Anderson career was done after Chael II, if I am being honest. Bonnar was a give-me fight and Weidman was the nail in the coffin. He should have stopped after Weidman I. You get to a point in your career (and GSP saw this) where you either quit while you are best, or wait for the inevitable defeat.

If he beats Bisping I hope he gets the hell out of there and doesn't try to make another title-run.

But Bisping isn't going to earn any respect (as far as greatness goes) from me (the 0% shits it matters) for beating Anderson. If Bisping want to impress me, go beat Jacare or Weidman.

isn't Anderson Silva like 68 years old this year though?

While it's true that Bisping would probably never be a Manhoef style human sledgehammer, a lot of his feather fistedness throughout his career is due to bad technique. He never really sits down on his punches, immediately loses his posture if his opponent moves in on him and, when angered, will throw with a bit more emphasis but tends to have his footwork go to shit so he's throwing from the wrong foot. His composure's not the greatest either, so his accuracy tends to go, leaving him landing glancing shots to shoulders, cheekbones and foreheads when he should be dinging chins, temples and eyesockets. This leads to opponents realising they can move in on him with impunity, leading to such weird shit as an ancient tiny mummified Wanderlei effortlessly walking him down and dropping him or a 500 year old Jorje Rivera starting to land right hands non-stop, forcing Bisping to cheat to win.

I agree with much if your technique based critique, but I don't agree that he should have been dq'd in any if the fights you mentioned.

He won't and shouldn't get the respect. Anderson Silva is damaged goods regardless of the outcome, even if he became champion again.

Former champion that's old
He's been Ko'd
He's broken his leg
Back to back brutal defeat
Popped for Peds
Out of the cage for a long time

Probably not. The sad thing is, if not for known drugs cheats Bisping's only loss in his prime would be a split decision against Rashad Evans. Its sad how badly they've affected his career
I hate when people say this. Neither Rockhold or Kennedy are cheats.

I'm regards to the OP: no. If he beats silva everyone will just say he was past his prime and should retire and that Bisping isn't good, no matter how untrue it may be.

Probably not. The sad thing is, if not for known drugs cheats Bisping's only loss in his prime would be a split decision against Rashad Evans. Its sad how badly they've affected his career

Well when was Bisping's 'prime'?

He's not a different fighter today than he was six years ago or even nine years ago, Bisping has always been a volume striker with little to no knockout power with decent TDD, pretty good defensive jujitsu and suspect striking defense and to be honest he just got his best win in his last fight against Leites and his best performance probably came just a few fights ago when he fought Cung Le.

Regardless in his prime he'd have very little chance against someone like Rockhold and that fight wouldn't be any different if it happened in 2012 or 2014 or this year if they fight again, Bisping doesn't have the power to threaten him on the feet and he's not strong enough to hang with him on the ground. If Bisping does win this weekend I'll be the first to give him props because the facts are he's tailor made for Anderson, if he beats him it would be huge and would force people to look at Bisping in a different light and quite frankly he'd deserve it because it's a nightmare match up for him.

First off, let's get it out of the way, Bisping probably will not win, the odds are against it as it they should be. I expect him to lose in all honesty, but this is MMA a sport which has proven time and again that anything happen.

I feel Bisping is a fighter who frankly doesn't get enough respect around here, whenever he is mentioned he is laughed at and as always some assholes posts the gif of his KO loss to Dan Henderson like it's they the only thing that ever happened in his life or career.

If Bisping can win tomorrow will he finally get respect around here? I'm sorry to say but the answer is likely no, we'll peobably get a few thousand threads proclaiming that Anderson was never that good (he really was that good, steroid controversies aside) and excuses.
fuck no. Oh wow he beat a washed up middle aged Anderson whos reflexes and chin are shot? Despite all of that, I think he still has more than enough left to beat up mike.

Well when was Bisping's 'prime'?

He's not a different fighter today than he was six years ago or even nine years ago, Bisping has always been a volume striker with little to no knockout power with decent TDD, pretty good defensive jujitsu and suspect striking defense and to be honest he just got his best win in his last fight against Leites and his best performance probably came just a few fights ago when he fought Cung Le.

Regardless in his prime he'd have very little chance against someone like Rockhold and that fight wouldn't be any different if it happened in 2012 or 2014 or this year if they fight again, Bisping doesn't have the power to threaten him on the feet and he's not strong enough to hang with him on the ground.
Ok I'm not a fan of Bisping at all. I don't like the guy but I'm going to call BS on this one. HE IS past his prime also. He is visibly slower, tires quicker, and looks less powerful than before. He's still got some skills but he is not the same fighter. I've noticed since he turned about 36 he's looking a little shot.

Ok I'm not a fan of Bisping at all. I don't like the guy but I'm going to call BS on this one. HE IS past his prime also. He is visibly slower, tires quicker, and looks less powerful than before. He's still got some skills but he is not the same fighter. I've noticed since he turned about 36 he's looking a little shot.

He may not be the same guy he was physically back in say 2009-2010 but if you look at his record when he was in his 'prime' he was beating up on Dan Miller, Denis Kang, and Akiyama.

If you look at him from 2012 to now he's actually picked up all of his best wins, Stann, Belcher, Cung Le and Leites are the best guys he's beat in his entire career and they've all come in the last few years.

So physically he may not be the same but he's beating better fighters.

296lwkh.gif

He may not be the same guy he was physically back in say 2009-2010 but if you look at his record when he was in his 'prime' he was beating up on Dan Miller, Denis Kang, and Akiyama.

If you look at him from 2012 to now he's actually picked up all of his best wins, Stann, Belcher, Cung Le and Leites are the best guys he's beat in his entire career and they've all come in the last few years.

So physically he may not be the same but he's beating better fighters.
Yeah that's true. I think if you took his current skill set and turned back the clock about 8 years you would have a serious contender on your hands. As of now, now way in hell he ever touches that belt unless luke and Weidman die.

Back