I'd rather see Josh Barnett vs Frank Mir than Cormier

Why exactly is Cormier so hell bent on fighting Mir? is he just looking for an easy match up or is there some bad blood there?

I'd love to watch Mir expose Barnett. Honestly, I can't wait to watch Barnett get pasted by most of the heavyweight division. Can't cherry pick match ups anymore Josh!

Mir is an easy win at this point they would rather build Cormier than Barnett but I agree the Barnett fight would be better.

Mir ain't no easy win. He gets counted out in EVERY fight and still proves people wrong.

So would everyone else, the only person who doesn't realize this is a much better fight is Joe Silva.

Barnett vs Mir is a fight that could be made any time they want to really, Cormier vs Mir has a more immediate urgency.

If Cormier is going to go to 205 anyway he should do it as soon as he comes to UFC. Mir vs. Barnett is a lot more interesting match-up.

I'm excited for Mir vs Comier, but I hope Barnett vs Mir will happen too. Very interesting stylistic matchup, and they are pretty similar in many ways. Just imagine the pre-fight trash talk between those two.

In either case, I see Mir having a long night against Cormier. Terrible, Terrible style matchup for him. If Barnett couldnt take him down, dont expect Mir do it and a striking match will favour Cormier.

i like werdum/mir more.

As much as Mir has improved and the Noguiera fights indicate I shouldn't count Mir out I just don't think this fight would be competitive.

I wouldn't mind seeing it just so I can get confirmation on it and crush the little held belief that Mir has the superior MMA ground game held by a few here but I think Mir vs Barnett is the much more competitive fight.

Agreed TS, and have the loser face Arlovski while we're at it.

Shit, I've wanted this fight so bad forever and forgot about it until I just saw this thread. Best fight/matchup in the HW division right now.
I like your thinking. Hopefully zuffa will listen. I don't see how they can't want to make this fight, if they are truly fans of the sport.
That seems fair enough. Cormier vs Browne it is then.
I agree. Perfect fight for DC or even bring back AA and have him and DC go at it!
Everybody wants that fight, ALWAYS have, but it's become painfully clear Zuffa doen't REALLY care about the fights fans REALLY want to see.
Dana always says they try and make the fights the fans want. Hopefully they listen.
that would be goddamn amazing.

Hell yes!!!!!

Last edited:
I've wanted to see the fight for awhile but as a Cormier fan I want to see how he will handle Mir's game.

Back