I'd rather see Josh Barnett vs Frank Mir than Cormier

hypocalking

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I've been wanting to see Mir and Barnett go at it since Mir was HW Champ and Barnett was in Pride. As a fan this is a far more interseting fight than seeing Mir and Cormier go at it. Does Cormier even know subs?

Mir is an easy win at this point they would rather build Cormier than Barnett but I agree the Barnett fight would be better.

Shit, I've wanted this fight so bad forever and forgot about it until I just saw this thread. Best fight/matchup in the HW division right now.

Barnett would systematically pick Mir apart on the ground from top position

Mir has explosive submissions, but his positional grappling (particularly from half guard) is relatively deficient and that happens to be Barnett's forte

Mir leaves so many openings standing and he has slowed down considerably. He is still a heavy puncher and nasty on the ground. That being said he has no wrestling and is too slow to land against top guys. Cormier, Cain, Jds, could all implement a simple gameplan to beat him 9 times out of 10.

I've been wanting to see Mir and Barnett go at it since Mir was HW Champ and Barnett was in Pride. As a fan this is a far more interseting fight than seeing Mir and Cormier go at it. Does Cormier even know subs?

personally i'd skip mir all together.

I think the fight with mir and both barnett and cormier are interesting. I think Mir might actually beat DC depending on if he attempts to take Mir down. but the matches to make imo are:

Cain vs Cormier or Cormier vs Overeem if cain and cormier don't want to fight.
Barnett vs JDS

That seems fair enough. Cormier vs Browne it is then.

Although that fight has more nostalgia, I would rather see DC fight Mir. Good test for DC.

Mir is an easy win at this point they would rather build Cormier than Barnett but I agree the Barnett fight would be better.

This, regardless of me being a fan of Cormier and realize a win over Mir would help propel him

I'd rather see that fight too. I'm not complaining about Cormier vs Mir though.

Yup, who doesnt want to see Barnett vs Mir? That would be interesting.

Mir vs Barnett would be a really good fight.

But JDS vs. Barnett and Mir vs. Cormier are also good match ups.

they will make dc vs mir and josh vs jds... they are banking dc and barnett lose those matches and end up facing each other.

I like mir and cormier but I agree mir vs barnett would be better.

Everybody wants that fight, ALWAYS have, but it's become painfully clear Zuffa doen't REALLY care about the fights fans REALLY want to see.

Beats up a can, calls out a fighter coming off a loss =/

Cormier and Cain don't care about subs. They batter you on the ground and on the feet to try and wear the other guy down for a TKO.

Back