Icyblue's melting point

I got pretty bored so I decided to write down some short term goals.

For June 8, 2008:

Squat: 100lbs
Dips and pull-ups: BW
Military Press: 70lbs.
Deadlift: 110lbs

BW:130lbs

There is also a very good BJJ school opening this June near my house so I'll try to get in a class if I have the time. Hopefully my Judo newaza skills are still with me. BTW, I dumped all my plans with judo simply because it is very accident prone(not to mention people are very rude). I dont wanna injure myself since I am only 16 and I am not in a rush to be a pro-fighter.

I thinking about getting no-xplode. A lot of people in my gym are using it and having really good results. hmmmmn.

Stop thinking. As a fellow skinny weak person, I know theres a temptation to try and find a magic supplement, but before you do that you need to get your eating in some sort of order. Before you decide on the decor, build the fucking house.

I thinking about getting no-xplode. A lot of people in my gym are using it and having really good results. hmmmmn.

Don't bother, you need to get regimented and eat more first. You need more of everything, meat, whole grains, meat, nuts, more meat, and uh, yeah more meat... Keep up that rice, but thrown down a chicken breast and some spinach/greens with it, and for snacks slurp down almond butter with crackers and shit like that, good dense fatty foods and did I mention meat?

Keep food with you at all times and shovel it in. At your size, age, and with training, you need a ton.

Drink a NASTY shake before bed, also.

Wake up at 3am and eat a baby and pass back out... you get the idea.

May 9, 2008

Deadlift: 105lbsx5x5 yay!
Squat: 85lbsx5x5
Military press: 65lbsx5x4 another yay!

My left groin area is bugging me. Not troublesome though but it is really bugging me. My coach said I'll put it under observation and if this gets worse I'll see a doctor(hopefully not). They didnt find any major problems in my form though. I though it is just the form but after all of the corrections it is still there. I hope this is something minor.

BTW, thanks for the advise guys. I am on a intensive eating program that is mainly focused on eating meat, meat and meat. No magic supplements for me as what you guys suggested. I'll just continue to work on my intensive eating program. :D

I can't sleep. I just came home from an MT event. My team's record is 3-5 kinda sucks. BTW, I'll be taking a week off from MT since I have a suspected torn muscle in my inner hip. But guess what, I'll drop by tom at a boxing gym. But wait, theres more, not just any boxing gym. Gerry "Fearless" Pe

I just came from from Gerry's gym. Pretty good workout. I learned A LOT from his trainers. Hopefully I can use all those things in MT. Gerry was there too, but he wasnt teaching. He talked to me and he said he will teach me in person. How cool is that? It is also very cheap, $4 per session and $60 per month unli. The trainer pretty much tortured my knuckles. I never experience this pain in my knuckles. He said it is because my punches are surprisingly powerful for my age *flattered*. He taught me some awesome combinations. Damnm I coukd write a book by just describing the training but I need to shut up and start eating meat again. Ciao

I just came from from Gerry's gym. Pretty good workout. I learned A LOT from his trainers. Hopefully I can use all those things in MT. Gerry was there too, but he wasnt teaching. He talked to me and he said he will teach me in person. How cool is that? It is also very cheap, $4 per session and $60 per month unli. The trainer pretty much tortured my knuckles. I never experience this pain in my knuckles. He said it is because my punches are surprisingly powerful for my age *flattered*. He taught me some awesome combinations. Damnm I coukd write a book by just describing the training but I need to shut up and start eating meat again. Ciao..

I just wanted to echo the importance of getting your protein. Ive been skinny my whole life and Im 34. A few things Ive read here that have helped me immensely since I started lifting again;

-Oatmeal and Eggs for breakfast. Even if you have to break it in two sessions. Some days Ill eat a cup and a half of oatmeal followed by 6 eggs.

-Cottage cheese before you sleep and whenever else. Fast quality protein.

-Quality whey protein for post work out drink. I agree that you need to focus on eating right but a whey PWO drink is very effective IMO.

-Whole milk and lean (or not so lean) meats.

Try to eat a variety and dont let yourself get hungry. Have fun and good luck.

May 14:

Dips: -15lbsx5x5
Squat: 45lbs,50lbs,60lbs,75lbs,95lbsx5
Pull-ups: -25lbsx5x5
Abs:175lbsx5x5

I am very happy with my numbers. Hopefully I will be able to compete sometime in September or October. I'm not rushing things but working out without a motivation to fight is kinda boring. hahaha

May 15:

Boxing - One of the best workouts ever. I puked during the training but nonetheless I learned a lot. My cardio made me suffer but hey, puking is a pretty good feeling.hahaha My puches are slowly coming together and I can't wait to go back to the MT gym and show them my "new" boxing skills. I will still train in boxing atleast once a week since I'll be going back to MT next week(hopefully). I am now starting to learn what the old guys say, "train the body, the mind will follow", there were several occasions that I a was about to quit but good thing my heart didn't give up. Thanks to my boxing coach. I'll be expecting some big numbers in my gym day tom. ciao

May 16:

Dips: -10lbsx5x5
Squat: 100lbsx5x5
Pull-ups: -20lbsx5x5
Didnt do abs.

I wasnt 100% due to fever thats why 2 sets of squats was only 4 reps.

May 19:

Deadlift: 155lbsx5x5
Squat: 90lbsx5x5
Military Press: 80x5x5

May 21:

Dips: -5lbsx5x5
Squat: 105lbsx5x5 yay!
Pull-ups: -15lbsx5x5

I forgot to update my log. I cant remember what I missed so I'm just gonna write my workout today.

May 28:

Dips: BW assistedx5x5
Squat: 110lbsx5x3 FAILED to make it 5 sets
Pull-ups: -10lbsx5x5

I felt bad about not being able to complete my squat. Ahm, just a question, I hope someone would be kind enough to help me. Looking at my log, do you think the weight progression given to me was pretty fast or just right? I think its pretty fast but IDK. Maybe I'm just overtraining again.

I forgot to update my log. I cant remember what I missed so I'm just gonna write my workout today.

May 28:

Dips: BW assistedx5x5
Squat: 110lbsx5x3 FAILED to make it 5 sets
Pull-ups: -10lbsx5x5

I felt bad about not being able to complete my squat. Ahm, just a question, I hope someone would be kind enough to help me. Looking at my log, do you think the weight progression given to me was pretty fast or just right? I think its pretty fast but IDK. Maybe I'm just overtraining again.

You should be keeping a paper log that you take with you to the gym for reference.

The weight progression is hard to judge. It looks like for a while you were making steady jumps of 5 lbs per session. The main question is, are you eating and sleeping enough? Recovery through diet and rest has a lot to do with progress.

Maybe back off and squat only 2 times per week for a while. If you are failing at 110 lbs then back down to 100 and work you way back up. Your volume doesn't look high enough to be overtraining though. Also, as a newb you can do the Starting Strength protocol of 3 sets of 5 reps.

And stop hitting the post button so many times. Hit it once and wait. If your post doesn't appear after 30 seconds back out and try again.

You should be keeping a paper log that you take with you to the gym for reference.

The weight progression is hard to judge. It looks like for a while you were making steady jumps of 5 lbs per session. The main question is, are you eating and sleeping enough? Recovery through diet and rest has a lot to do with progress.

Maybe back off and squat only 2 times per week for a while. If you are failing at 110 lbs then back down to 100 and work you way back up. Your volume doesn't look high enough to be overtraining though. Also, as a newb you can do the Starting Strength protocol of 3 sets of 5 reps.

And stop hitting the post button so many times. Hit it once and wait. If your post doesn't appear after 30 seconds back out and try again.

Thanks for the tips. I do keep a paper log but I leave it at the gym and when I come back the next session, a coach has already updated my program. I have been following your advice to eat meat and protein as much as I can so I cant see anything wrong with my diet. I do nothing but bum all day after my MT and gym so my recovery seems fine. My teammates in muay thai even noticed that I am struggling so they suggested that I take recovery supplements and get a better multivitamins. I don't know anything about this but do you think a recovery supplement would help me? Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back