Goals(For Oct 2008):
Be 2x stronger
Bench 120+
Improve Cardio
Be able to fight & dominate in a AM muay thai fight
*BULK UP*(I look like an african slave)

I'll be posting before and after pics on Oct. :D

Program:
Bill Starr 5x5(My coach substituted some excercises coz I can't do the minimum bench press:redface:)

Day 1 - Apr 23

Morning:
Dips(it's on a machine)
-40lbsx5x5

Squats (BTW, I do ATG squat)
70lbsx5x5

Pull-ups(it's on a machine)
-50lbsx5x5

Abs
120lbsx5x5

Evening:
Did some HIIT

30s of sprint then 30s of rest for about 6 sets :D

Evaluation:
My morning workout was rather easy except for the squats. I had to do those with my legs still sore because of my MT. HIIT nearly killed me but thats the only way up.

What are you planning to do to bulk up?

Welcome to S&P

SailboatWelcome-lg.gif

What does it mean when you say "Abs" and why/how are you doing Dips and Pullups on a machine?

Vince:

Pull-up and dip machine basically looks like this: http://www.e-weightloss-fitness.com/back_exercises/weightloss_diet_2378.JPG. It's like doing pull-ups and dips but the machine somehow makes it easier by adding weights. :D So basically, if I do pull-ups with -50lbs, then its my BW minus 50. :D

Merill:
Eat like a pig. But if you have any suggestions I'll be happy to hear it :D

takeahnase:
LOL. I hope I can be as big as that guy :D

Granted he's a couple inches taller than you, but this is what 120lbs looks like:

155113__machinist_l.jpg

I'm not sure I can believe that you are 5'10 120 unless you are female.

Apr 25:

Muay Thai Class:
My technique in my hands are getting better. Some even noticed that I have more power in my hands than the fighters. Unfortunately, my kicks are the only one preventing me from being a fighter. My coach talked to me and said that next tournament I can already fight. My pad works are okay. Kicks are getting better too. The only bad thing bout this is I'm gassing out wayyy to early. And I discovered that I am not relaxing. Damn, I was thinking too much bout killing the pads that I gassed out in the 3rd round. :(

A couple of hours after the MT class I did some HIIT:

30s of sprint 30s of rest x 6

April 26:

Weights:

Deadlift: 85lbsx5x5
Squat: 60lbsx5x5
Military Press: 55lbsx5x5

Make sure you eat like a hoss after your workout. Get some meat on those bones.

Granted he's a couple inches taller than you, but this is what 120lbs looks like:

155113__machinist_l.jpg

I'm not sure I can believe that you are 5'10 120 unless you are female.

Yes I am 5'10 120lbs. I'll send you my pic with the risk of you photoshopping it :D

Make sure you eat like a hoss after your workout. Get some meat on those bones.

I eat a minimum of 4 plates of rice(I'm a flip FYI) but I don't think thats enough. :( The government is blaming me as the cause of the rice shortage :D

April 28
Morning:

Dips: -35lbsx5x5
Squat: 75lbsx5x5
Pull-ups: -45lbsx5x5
Abs: 145lbsx5x5

Afternoon:

MT Training:
I'm not in my 100% but still managed to have a good pad work. My hands are incredible. Elbows and punches are getting really fast and the power is getting insane. My coach said that I have the heaviest hands in the gym(including the fighters). Too bad this isn't boxing and my kicks are still not doing any good. Knees are very good but kicks need some improvement. I guess having a soccer background doesn't really help in MT. Yes I have power in my kicks but it takes my 2 fucking seconds to unleash it. Dammn. Practice practice practice

May 1:

Dips: -30lbsx5x5
Squat: 80lbsx5x5
Pull-ups: -40lbsx5x5
Abs: 145lbsx5x5

PS. Since starting my 5x5, I've been eating 4 plates of rice every meal. For some reason, I am still not gaining any weight. I feel A LOT stronger and I notice some mass increase but my weight is still 120lbs. :(

Is protein an option? You could eat 10 plates of rice and little will happen.

Whole milk, peanut butter, corned beef hash, animal meats (steak, ground beef, pork chop, chicken, fish), whole grain cereal, whole grain bread, and especially eggs.

May 3:

Deadlift: 95lbsx5x5
Squat:70lbsx5x5
Military Press: 60lbsx5x4

FYI, I'm not the one behind my programs. A coach from the gym is the one who's behind the whole thing.

Thanks guys for your help. I've been drinking more milk than ever, eating like a pig and trying to put protein on my plate. Hopefully I'll be able to put on some pounds.

PS. I gained 2 pounds in 3 weeks. FAILURE!

May 5:

Dips: -25lbsx5x5
Squat: 45lbs,45lbs,55lbs,70lbs,85lbsx5
Pull-ups: -35lbsx5x5
Abs: 155lbsx5x5

May 7:

Dips: -20lbsx5x5
Squat: 90lbsx5x5
Pull-ups: -30lbsx5x5
Abs: 165lbsx5x5

Pretty good workout for me. I thinking about getting no-xplode. A lot of people in my gym are using it and having really good results. hmmmmn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back