Iaquintas team failed him.

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 556651

There is a blue print on how to beat Cerrone. the guy hates pressure and hates actually having to really fight for a fight. standing in the middle of the octagon point fighting someone bigger and longer than you who also happens to hate pressure is recipe for disaster.

Beating cerrone doesnt need a new formula or a lot of figuring out to do. it already happened too many times.

if you respect him 2 much he wins. if you go in there, pressure him and make him have to dig down he collapses. Diaz, Darren Till, Masvidal, RDA all broke him in a matter of minutes etc...

yeah lets just point fight in the middle of the cage see how it goes though.

anyway hats off to donald cerrone his career is having a turn around but now hes with the big boiss.

Ray should have told Al to punch a hole in his fucking chest

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png

When did his coaches ever tell him to point fight? They told him to pressure him and back him up. Did you even watch the fight? After every rd (even rd 1) they kept telling him to press forward.

He tried to pressure him

He got jabbed a lot

one thing I noticed from watching Al fight khabib and Kevin lee, is that he almost always throws single shots, he doesn't throw too many combos. Diaz beat Cerrone by throwing combos in volume.

very good point actually.

Cerrone will crack if you pressure him. Al failed to do so

He tried to pressure him and his leg took a ton of damage, and that might be the best I've ever seen Cerrone fight backwards.

What if they did plan for that but Al couldn't make it work?

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.

If you have certain attributes, pressuring Cowboy is the way to beat him.

IE: Smart Length and 1 shot Power.

Till has both of those. Masvidal is a great boxer with 1 punch power.

If you pressure Cerrone without a high level attribute, you'll look like Hernandez or Yancy or Jim Miller. He will knock your ass out.

Maybe Cerrone just succeeded, ever think about that ts huh huh did ya

All it takes to beat Cerrone is a couple of shots to the body.

Lmao every time he tried to pressure he got countered easily

I think Al should consider 145. He looked tiny in there.

Hey man, I was literally half asleep a cpl fights earlier. And, I sparked a gagger to kick me back into gear. But weren’t they imploring him to move forward?

Just as Cerrone’s corner implored him to come out with 6 leg kicks right off the start in rd 3, I believe. Two-three minutes in I had counted 4.

Straight up...

The corner barely gets the credit in good times. And takes too much heat in the hard times. It’s the life of a coach.

All respect to Jason Parillo. He was at Invicta friday night, and reminded me how many times my guy has been across the cage from his guy. LOL... My guy usually wins.

cd7.gif

It's almost like cowboy has improved at dealing with it a bit, just telling a guy "move forward" isn't enough when he's jabbing you out of the fight with ease. Weird how that works.

Lol what?

He was pressuring him and landed some big shots in the first two rounds, but he was getting his face jabbed off nearly every time, and that takes a toll on you

Iaquinta looked small and fragile to me.

Last edited:
Back