Iaquintas team failed him.

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
Maybe Cerrone just succeeded, ever think about that ts huh huh did ya
cerrone has too many losses iaquinta has so much less which is why i sounded this way. cerrone could have like other mentioned improved in dealing with pressure or simply is a superior striker.

one thing I noticed from watching Al fight khabib and Kevin lee, is that he almost always throws single shots, he doesn't throw too many combos. Diaz beat Cerrone by throwing combos in volume.
exactly. you cant pressure fighters throwing single shots.

Time to TTT all the threads saying "Cerrone is done and should retire".

His corner repeatedly told him he had to go forward. In Al's defense, it's hard to press forward when you're eating shots like crazy. It's easy to tell someone to go forward when you're not the one getting punched in the face.

Is it me or AL doesn’t have a lot of head movement ? Seems his head was always inline. I could be wrong but Cowboy easily jabbed him to death.

Cowboy seems to have somehow vastly improved his ability to keep distance and use a jab and front kicks to keep his opponent from crowding him. Both the jabs and kicks were sharp as a razor last night and they kept Al at bay while doing beaucoup damage at the same time.

Al just didn't have the striking skills to cut through that. He is just a brawler who will get taken apart by great strikers. He is a tough matchup for grapplers though because of his great TDD, great sub defense, and better than average boxing. He's just too unskilled and slow of a striker to battle with Cerrone on the feet.

cerrone has too many losses iaquinta has so much less which is why i sounded this way. cerrone could have like other mentioned improved in dealing with pressure or simply is a superior striker.
Al has less losses? Donald has 22 more wins than Al.

I tried telling y'all before this fight that Al has only ever faced 1 striker before in Masvidal and it didn't go well for him as his "good striking" suddenly looked a lot less good against a non-grappler, and that Cerrone would be able to do the same.

Don't blame Al's team for you getting hyped up on a guy that only faces grapplers.

<{silvanormal}>

I hate when people say x fighter didnt fight the right gameplan when it's obvious he tried to he was just being beat up in the process.

The ratio is completely different. Cerrone fought 47 times while Al fought 19. Cerrone has 36 wins while Al only has 14.. Cowboy lost 11 times in 47 fights, Al lost 5 in 19.
If Al had 47 fights he would have 12 defeats on top of the ones he has already, so 17 would be the mark, 5 more than Cerrone's.

Cerrone fought 28 more times than Al. I would say his numbers are clearly superior.

I was screaming at The TV for Al to do this last night lol.
He’s got great hands, he just doesn’t ever let them fly when he needs to. Always throws 1 or two shots. When he starts letting off 3-4 he was tagging Lee/Cerrone hard.
And exactly, Cerrone get overwhelmed by volume and pressure. If you can step in on him and push him back your gonna do well.

Al landed plenty of heavy shots and Cowboy never wavered. He was landing hard shots all over Al's body. He never had a shot. You guys make these guys out to be robots who cant feel pain. Al took a savage beating.

There is a blue print on how to beat Cerrone. the guy hates pressure and hates actually having to really fight for a fight. standing in the middle of the octagon point fighting someone bigger and longer than you who also happens to hate pressure is recipe for disaster.

Beating cerrone doesnt need a new formula or a lot of figuring out to do. it already happened too many times.

if you respect him 2 much he wins. if you go in there, pressure him and make him have to dig down he collapses. Diaz, Darren Till, Masvidal, RDA all broke him in a matter of minutes etc...

yeah lets just point fight in the middle of the cage see how it goes though.

anyway hats off to donald cerrone his career is having a turn around but now hes with the big boiss.
Cerrone learns from his mistakes and even top fighters can have an off game.
When Cerrone times his knees everytime his opponents comes in & puts the pressure, Cerrone has the upper hand. Al ate those early on, hence the result.

He seemed too busy looking to shake his hand. Everyone knows you trash talk and never hug or shake his hand

There is a blue print on how to beat Cerrone. the guy hates pressure and hates actually having to really fight for a fight. standing in the middle of the octagon point fighting someone bigger and longer than you who also happens to hate pressure is recipe for disaster.

Beating cerrone doesnt need a new formula or a lot of figuring out to do. it already happened too many times.

if you respect him 2 much he wins. if you go in there, pressure him and make him have to dig down he collapses. Diaz, Darren Till, Masvidal, RDA all broke him in a matter of minutes etc...

yeah lets just point fight in the middle of the cage see how it goes though.

anyway hats off to donald cerrone his career is having a turn around but now hes with the big boiss.

Pettis broke him like that too. He basically went in there with the idea he was going to be the one initiating the exchanges and though Cowboy is bigger, Pettis stopped him.

Al did fight stupid. Cowboy loves small guys he can tee off on from range and Al's crouching style made him even shorter than he is. He couldn't reach Cerrone and Cerrone just potshotted him from range.

When you’re an orthodox fighter and tour corner is telling you to “throw a right
Hook to the body and then a left hook tithe head”
Isn’t sage tactical striking advice.

I just think it’s funny how people think fighting has evolved so much.
As if you can just max out all your attributes like a video game.
It’s always better to have a base in something. Striking or wrestling or bjj.
It’s better to be an ace of one Implement what you want to do than a jack of all trades.

For instance jacare
Vs Hermansson. Jacare is one of the best grapplers ever
And what does he do? He tries to bang and score a knockout. Stick to tour bread and better.

Mma has devolved because of this. It’s nit good to be ok at everything.

Als. Throwing uppercuts with both hands under his hips. Lead uppercuts like that.
I just don’t get it.
You’re failing your fighter with habits like that.
He’s shuffling in both hands Down and is throwing something just retarded and anyone competent would just kill him.

But everyone is just ok at everything. Can’t take advantage of these glaring weaknesses I these fighters.

Maia gets it. I’m afraid khabib
Is going to fall into this shit and try to prove a point.
Just like we’re in against stipe.
It’s just silly anymore. Today’s mma.

Dc is successful because he wrestles. Same with askren
Israel. The same thing with striking. Same way Anderson was so successful.
Gsp used his wrestling to be great. And just added ajab for good measure.

Blah blah blah. End of rant.

It’s like how a lot of guys are black belts but u never see there grappling . It’s the same way u guys said al is a good boxer . He’s not a good boxer in mma terms either . Rewatch the al v masvidal fight . He is coming short of his shots . You can tell when he is ready to punch , he makes like an angry face . I don’t see him even beating barboza

When you’re an orthodox fighter and tour corner is telling you to “throw a right
Hook to the body and then a left hook tithe head”
Isn’t sage tactical striking advice.

I just think it’s funny how people think fighting has evolved so much.
As if you can just max out all your attributes like a video game.
It’s always better to have a base in something. Striking or wrestling or bjj.
It’s better to be an ace of one Implement what you want to do than a jack of all trades.

For instance jacare
Vs Hermansson. Jacare is one of the best grapplers ever
And what does he do? He tries to bang and score a knockout. Stick to tour bread and better.

Mma has devolved because of this. It’s nit good to be ok at everything.

Als. Throwing uppercuts with both hands under his hips. Lead uppercuts like that.
I just don’t get it.
You’re failing your fighter with habits like that.
He’s shuffling in both hands Down and is throwing something just retarded and anyone competent would just kill him.

But everyone is just ok at everything. Can’t take advantage of these glaring weaknesses I these fighters.

Maia gets it. I’m afraid khabib
Is going to fall into this shit and try to prove a point.
Just like we’re in against stipe.
It’s just silly anymore. Today’s mma.

Dc is successful because he wrestles. Same with askren
Israel. The same thing with striking. Same way Anderson was so successful.
Gsp used his wrestling to be great. And just added ajab for good measure.

Blah blah blah. End of rant.

Al landed plenty of heavy shots and Cowboy never wavered. He was landing hard shots all over Al's body. He never had a shot. You guys make these guys out to be robots who cant feel pain. Al took a savage beating.
I’m not saying he didn’t get his ass kicked.
My point is that Al does better when he throws combos instead of one or two pot shots. And the evidence spans over multiple fights.

He also hit cowboy a couple good times. But most of the hard shots he landed were at the end of his punches with no power. Cowboy was too tall and by the time they connected had no pepper on them.
All all it was a good fight. I was rooting for Al but not bummed Cowboy won

Back