• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Ian Garry shuts down Joaquin Buckley

I'm surprised so many people are applauding. Usually sherdoggers detest "duckers" and "rank squatters" (just to use a few of the terms oft thrown about around here).

Maybe folks are just sick of Buckley's antics.

It's not rank squatting if you are an undefeated prospect who fights regularly. He's supposed to be fighting guys above him and moving towards title contention.

We are talking about a 1-2 unranked fighter here. It makes no sense for Garry to fight Buckley. The only way Buckley would deserve a ranked fight were if he were on a winning streak.

It's rank squatting if you are ranked but not on a winning streak and still refusing to fight anyone below you.

It's not rank squatting if you are an undefeated prospect who fights regularly. He's supposed to be fighting guys above him and moving towards title contention.

We are talking about a 1-2 unranked fighter here. It makes no sense for Garry to fight Buckley. The only way Buckley would deserve a ranked fight were if he were on a winning streak.

It's rank squatting if you are ranked but not on a winning streak and still refusing to fight anyone below you.

100% this. It's pure delusion or trolling if anyone claims there's any rank squatting or ducking going on in this case.

Buckley comes to the weight class and beats a fighter who lost his previous 2 fights by KO/TKO and now he "deserves" a ranked opponent? GTFO lol. <Lmaoo>

Garry is positioning himself for a title eliminator if he beats Neal. Buckley isn't ranked at WW. He is a guy who dropped from MW to WW. He wasn't ranked at MW either. It makes absolutely no sense for Garry. They are both prelim guys on a PPV or main card on a free TV event but Garry is moving up. Buckley just arrived in the WW division.

I'm surprised so many people are applauding. Usually sherdoggers detest "duckers" and "rank squatters" (just to use a few of the terms oft thrown about around here).

Garry isn't ducking. It makes no sense for him to entertain that fight. It does not move him closer to a title shot. Buckley is not a really big name either. Buckley probably has to fight one of those WW prelim mainstays like Leech, Great White, Barberena, Nelson and so on. Win over those guys will help him move up against someone who is ranked 15. I am not sure if D Rod is still ranked or not.

I don't like Garry, but there's zero reason for Buckley to be posturing like this against him.

Buckley just got into the division and hasn't beaten anybody. Garry is in position to get a boost into title contention.

By his logic nobody should fight him that is ranked above him

the ol Gregor Gillespie tactics

Back