• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ian Garry being bullied

What's he getting bullied about, anyway?
This sums it up well. Stories of him being a "cuck", having his wife's ex husband live with them and being hired as their nutritionist (not sure if true)

The Book Controversy​

Adding fuel to the fire, Layla Anna-Lee, Garry's wife, faced criticism for a book she wrote over a decade ago called "How to Be a WAG". The book provides advice for older women seeking relationships with younger athletes and celebrities, drawing negative attention towards Garry and Anna-Lee. Strickland targeted the couple in videos, referring to Anna-Lee as a "succubus" and advising Garry to leave the relationship. This controversy intensified the drama between the fighters, creating a more personal and bitter rivalry.

Legal Threats and Awkward Encounters​

As the feud between Garry and Strickland escalated, Garry threatened legal action against Strickland. The tension between them continued to grow, leading to an awkward exchange when the two fighters encountered each other at the UFC P.I. in Las Vegas. The encounter further solidified the animosity between them and hinted at the potential for future confrontations.

I don't remember a fighter being this bullied since Ronda got KTFO against Holm. I bet his immunity took a hit from stress and now he's sick
Buddeh..

Ronda literally went about a year of not giving ANY mma interviews. She brought that on herself. Her behaviour pre-Holly.. I mean for a good part of her UFC career. She was a big asshole.

Got embarrassed, and KTFO in front of 53K Aussies, iirc. By a really big underdog. Then Ronda hid behind a pillow.

I just don’t think that’s cool. While she was on top, she loved the press. Because they were all helping her to go mainstream. But when she lost.. Crickets.

For a year.

She could have come out, and faced the music. That is what separates a champion from a CHAMPION, alright.

Self inflicted wound.

Buddeh..

Ronda literally went about a year of not giving ANY mma interviews. She brought that on herself. Her behaviour pre-Holly.. I mean for a good part of her UFC career. She was a big asshole.

Got embarrassed, and KTFO in front of 53K Aussies, iirc. By a really big underdog. Then Ronda hid behind a pillow.

I just don’t think that’s cool. While she was on top, she loved the press. Because they were all helping her to go mainstream. But when she lost.. Crickets.

For a year.

She could have come out, and faced the music. That is what separates a champion from a CHAMPION, alright.

Self inflicted wound.

Unfairly Maligned.

I only visit like 8 mma sites a day and have no idea what this drama is about. I’ve heard people hint that’s it involves his family but can’t fathom how. He has a lovely family. I’m even betting him and his wife were probably high school sweethearts and destined to be together. She has that pure and innocent trad wife look that we all dream about. I’d dm her to ask but she’s probably busy reading her bible as that’s the only book I’m sure she knows plus she likely isn’t even aware social media is a thing. Just an upstanding and virtuous couple.

I hope he as faked it and rightly so personal attacks on his family for no reason at all shows what society as come to

Fucking hate people like this. They bully others and enjoy it, but turn into chicken when they get a taste of their own medicine.
Chael Sonnen said he shoulda came to the presser with her book,and read shit out of it,and ignore anybody referencing it. Just take it in stride.

I think there's a difference between trashing you opponent and going after the mother of their children. I was hoping that the UFC fighters don't take a page out of Dillon Danis's book but I guess anything goes if it sells PPV's, right? :rolleyes:;)

Ian’s just experiencing the tip of the ice berg.
This is a bit of a unique situation,since it isnt even his opponent thats bringing this up and Ian's only been around for a cup of coffee. We got a young guy trying to emulate the success of other trash talkers,and trying to take it to an uncomfortable level,while acting confident and immune to criticism....but there is SO much material to use against him,and him being a completley unsympathetic character...well everyone smells blood in the water.

His actions in dealing with the backlash have only made it worse,and him pulling out of the fight is just about the worst thing he coulda done.

Some of these guys just dont prepare for or realize what happens when you make yourself totally unlikable to the general public. They think they can handle it.

The unique thing about Garry is this started so early in his career...and its already started to unravel him as evidenced by him pulling out of this fight.
He always came off as cringe to me. I have no doubt he's good but he struggled too much with fighters set up to be beat. The thing with Conor was he was talking similarly (Ian also comes off as if he's compensating for something) then dusted everyone. Made you really believe the things he said. Ian had some dicey moments in his debut even.

He always came off as cringe to me. I have no doubt he's good but he struggled too much with fighters set up to be beat. The thing with Conor was he was talking similarly (Ian also comes off as if he's compensating for something) then dusted everyone. Made you really believe the things he said. Ian had some dicey moments in his debut even.
The thing is Conor was just being himself,and Ian is trying too hard to be like Conor.

The thing is Conor was just being himself,and Ian is trying too hard to be like Conor.
Yeah, that's why he comes off as cringe. When you look average against Gabe Green then act like you are a god afterwards it doesn't hit quite as well.

The unique thing about Garry is this started so early in his career...and its already started to unravel him as evidenced by him pulling out of this fight.

Too bad because Holland was going smoke him.

Back