i wrestled a wrestler last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frodo said:
I agree with you. But here's a counter-example: wasn't Gracie vs. Kimura a BJJer vs. a Judoka? Kimura finished Gracie twice in that match. (Kimura didn't know he knocked out Gracie, and the next submission attempt brought him out of it.) Of course, that wasn't a traditional match so I'm just being an ass... :wink:

Personally, I just started learning Judo throws, and it have tremendously helped my grappling standup especially against wrestlers and in no-gi fighting ironically enough.
Judo throws are great.

But one can also bring up the Yoshida vs Royce match.

Frodo said:
I agree with you. But here's a counter-example: wasn't Gracie vs. Kimura a BJJer vs. a Judoka? Kimura finished Gracie twice in that match. (Kimura didn't know he knocked out Gracie, and the next submission attempt brought him out of it.) Of course, that wasn't a traditional match so I'm just being an ass... :wink:

Personally, I just started learning Judo throws, and it have tremendously helped my grappling standup especially against wrestlers and in no-gi fighting ironically enough.

Kimura outweighed Gracie. Don't get me wrong, I think judo is a better base for mma, but, in a grappling match w/o time limit it will go to the one who spends most time on subs and that is clearly bjj. Every decent judoka and wrestler knows this. Helios' subs would have subbed a judoka of similar weight I bet. Although, I don't know a whole lot of that match. And, btw, Royce could only beat Yoshida without a gi or he would have worn it like every other one of his matches. Obvious. I think it hurt some Royce fans that he took it off:)

I agree with you. But here's a counter-example: wasn't Gracie vs. Kimura a BJJer vs. a Judoka? Kimura finished Gracie twice in that match. (Kimura didn't know he knocked out Gracie, and the next submission attempt brought him out of it.) Of course, that wasn't a traditional match so I'm just being an ass...

well alot of people bring up good points but what should be said is this:

The "judo" of Kimura's generation is not the "Modern judo" that 95%+ of the world's population practices. Most, of the world's judo population know's olympic judo and train, spar, ect according to the rules of olympic judo. Kimura's judo has a stryong fushin-ryu Jiu-jitsu influence on it.

my point is that it sucked getting poaned in wrestling much more than it sucked getting poaned in BJJ. his takedowns were unstoppable, every move i made he reversed, it was extremely uncomfortable..

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterid=12109 this is the guy

here is a little background: "Entering the cage for the 1st time at 18 years old. Attack Mode Fight Gear fighter Aaron Acero is one of the youngest fighters to enter the cage. Aaron has Olympic Level takedowns and phenominal submission defense. Aaron in his fighting debut beat a BJJ brown belt, and in his second fight won Rage In The Cage fighter of the night honors. Look for Aaron to be champ soon!"

he trains with kerr, riggs, franklin.. and some others i forget

Q mystic said:
How much judo did you do compared to wrestling and other stuff?

Judo? Hmm only 1 Year I started it when I joined my college.
But I like wrestling more it suits my style of grappling in a better way.
It was meant as a joke didn

mentioning that anything is better than the precious jiu jitsu is a SIN in this forum.

these people go LOCO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back