• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"I Would Beat Khabib" Says Two-Time Olympic Gold Medalist

I just sat in the car to head to the office, but I’d be interested to see her PPV stats compared to GSP, Connor, Bork Lazer and the other high-draw candidates. I’d be surprised if she cracked top 5 all-time.
Her numbers went up everytime she headlined. Her two last fights broke 1 million and her fight against Bethe in Brazil did 900k or something like that. Conor and Honda were the draws at the time.

There's no way you're talking about the same Ronda who legit became sad and angry that nobody liked her when she was in the UFC.
So, you are saying, that in your experience, women are always 100% consistent when it comes to emotional matters?

They’re both represented by Ali. He’s obviously told her to say this to get some attention, seeing as she’s fighting in Ali’s PFL. 14 pages. Seems like it worked

She's close in weight to Khabib and specified she could beat him in Judo.

Rousey fought at 135 and claimed she could possibly beat the HW champ in MMA.

It's like the difference between "I can lift 10 000 lbs" and "I can lift 100 000 lbs". Both are impossible. They're equally delusional.

so after reading the Aldo post with all the 'eyeball testers'' giving their sage like experience on weight training and peds, why arent your alarm bells going off with this picture?
Overly developed biceps and triceps -check, overly masculine facial features and square chin-check-overly developed shoulders-check, get off your steeds white knight virgins and open your eyes.
A natural woman cannot build muscle like this

Correct. I've been involved in the strength & conditioning and "fitness" community for ~20 years. I was heavily involved in various facets of MMA for 7 years, and then causally for another 2 years after that.

I've trained with and dated a number of athletes and what I'll call "fitness chicks".

One of my best friends coaches close to 100 competitive athletes, and has coached thousands over the years. I've always been close to all of it.

This woman is clearly geared up. Anyone who says otherwise belongs to the ignorant crowd who would also believe Dana Lynn Bailey was clean.

I can't imagine that anybody with any real or serious experience in high-level sports or training would argue otherwise with a straight face.

Last edited:
This thread got me wondering how difficult it would be to beat a judoka at judo if you are an other type of wrestler. And how much muscle/bone mass and body weight then actually matter.

Since judo is such a specific game with peculiar rules that probably take long to master

Any judoka's here?

Been doing judo for 12 years. We have had wrestlers ( Div 2) come in and do pretty well and some who have not. It definitely helps to have grappling experience but it depends. Wrestlers tend to hunch over, lead with their heads. A good judoka will throw someone doing that. Since rule changes took away leg grabs it has negated wrestlers big time.

No
Khabib's father is a judoka and a great judo and sambo coach
Khabib would also have a big strength advantage

200w.webp

Been doing judo for 12 years. We have had wrestlers ( Div 2) come in and do pretty well and some who have not. It definitely helps to have grappling experience but it depends. Wrestlers tend to hunch over, lead with their heads. A good judoka will throw someone doing that. Since rule changes took away leg grabs it has negated wrestlers big time.

Interesting that stuff. There are probably also things that are smart in judo, but would get you killed in wrestling and the other way around

I seriously want to try a grappling sport soon. I am a recreational boxern and really have never given another combat sport a chance.

For defending yourself it is a lot "cleaner" too and if you are good at it you won't break anything

I still think Khabib would beat her. Hes still a man with man body and man strength. He knows some Judo since Sambo has Judo.
Lucia Rijker fought an unknown rando dude and got fucked up.

She would beat most of Untrained Sherdog for sure but IDK about a male pro fighter like Khabib.

I honestly don't know how many actually watched this, but that KO managed to be scary while reeking of domestic abuse at the same time. I absolutely hate watching men vs women fight in any venue and that was a terrible example of it going horribly, horribly wrong. It's one thing for it to pop off in a parking lot and end up on World Star but the fact that this was actually organized and took place in a public forum disgusts me.

I didn't care for Ronda at all, but I totally get why she said she wouldn't fight men because of the horrible optics a man beating a woman gives off.

Have you ever fought a woman? I’ve posted this story before, but here we go...

Back in ~2008, I had only been training for maybe 6 months (at most). I’m 5’10 and weighed (at the time) ~186 lbs, with an ~8.2% body fat. Long-time strength & conditioning enthusiast.

My coach was feeding me a steady diet of collegiate wrestlers. One day my training partner didn’t show up and the only people in the gym were us and a female pro fighter. Coach asked her to train with me.

At that time, she was 7-0 as a pro, a medaled BJJ purple belt and JACKED. ~168 lbs and was deadlifting 315 lbs for reps like nothing (very good for a girl who isn’t a strength athlete), with the biggest quads you’ve ever seen.

In my mind, I was thinking “oh God... I’m going to get shit-mixed by a girl”. I was actually nervous.

Remember, we were just doing submission grappling.

We squared off. When we grabbed ahold of each other, I was positively SHOCKED. There was nothing to her. Absolutely nothing. Although I had ~18 lbs on her, I thought her training, years of experience and (for a female) tremendous conditioning would mean something.

It didn’t mean shit.

I brutally ragdolled her to the point where Coach says, “Stop using strength! Just technique!” I thought I wasn’t using strength. I thought I was going maybe ~50% and she was red-faced and angry, giving everything she had... I could literally do whatever I wanted to her. If I wanted to put her in a Kimura, for example, there wasn’t fuck-all she could do to stop me.

After another minute or two, we had to shut the exercise down... I was still too raw to properly no-strength-flow in a no-gi scenario and she was going to get hurt.

That was a shocking perspective on the extent of the physical disparity between the genders. I never forgot it. In the future, I learned to treat grappling with a woman like grappling with a child. You basically flop around at ~20% effort and move slow. You basically have to be patronizing in your lack of effort.

That aside... I tend to recall Sarah McMann, Olympic Silver Medalist (so quite literally the second best female wrestler on planet earth at one time) getting submitted by a 17 year old male blue belt at a high-school somewhere... let that sink in... Olympian wrestler and professional fighter, built (for a girl) like a brick shit-house, getting tapped by a 17-year-old male novice. That says it all right there.

So... if the poster you are arguing with is a fit and reasonably athletic male with any training at all, who weighs at least ~175 lbs, I believe he probably would shit-mix that broad in a judo contest.

Who was the female pro? Name?

Have you ever fought a woman? I’ve posted this story before, but here we go...

Back in ~2008, I had only been training for maybe 6 months (at most). I’m 5’10 and weighed (at the time) ~186 lbs, with an ~8.2% body fat. Long-time strength & conditioning enthusiast.

My coach was feeding me a steady diet of collegiate wrestlers. One day my training partner didn’t show up and the only people in the gym were us and a female pro fighter. Coach asked her to train with me.

At that time, she was 7-0 as a pro, a medaled BJJ purple belt and JACKED. ~168 lbs and was deadlifting 315 lbs for reps like nothing (very good for a girl who isn’t a strength athlete), with the biggest quads you’ve ever seen.

In my mind, I was thinking “oh God... I’m going to get shit-mixed by a girl”. I was actually nervous.

Remember, we were just doing submission grappling.

We squared off. When we grabbed ahold of each other, I was positively SHOCKED. There was nothing to her. Absolutely nothing. Although I had ~18 lbs on her, I thought her training, years of experience and (for a female) tremendous conditioning would mean something.

It didn’t mean shit.

I brutally ragdolled her to the point where Coach says, “Stop using strength! Just technique!” I thought I wasn’t using strength. I thought I was going maybe ~50% and she was red-faced and angry, giving everything she had... I could literally do whatever I wanted to her. If I wanted to put her in a Kimura, for example, there wasn’t fuck-all she could do to stop me.

After another minute or two, we had to shut the exercise down... I was still too raw to properly no-strength-flow in a no-gi scenario and she was going to get hurt.

That was a shocking perspective on the extent of the physical disparity between the genders. I never forgot it. In the future, I learned to treat grappling with a woman like grappling with a child. You basically flop around at ~20% effort and move slow. You basically have to be patronizing in your lack of effort.

That aside... I tend to recall Sarah McMann, Olympic Silver Medalist (so quite literally the second best female wrestler on planet earth at one time) getting submitted by a 17 year old male blue belt at a high-school somewhere... let that sink in... Olympian wrestler and professional fighter, built (for a girl) like a brick shit-house, getting tapped by a 17-year-old male novice. That says it all right there.

So... if the poster you are arguing with is a fit and reasonably athletic male with any training at all, who weighs at least ~175 lbs, I believe he probably would shit-mix that broad in a judo contest.

Damn.

I believe your first hand experience, but all of those stories about female pro's beaten by "some" highschooler "somewhere"...

There is never any proof of those stories.

There are, however vids of pro women throwing novices around like bags of potatoes.

Training can make anybody dangerous

Kayla playing humourless doofuses like fiddles.

<36><36><36>

Damn.

I believe your first hand experience, but all of those stories about female pro's beaten by "some" highschooler "somewhere"...

There are, however vids of pro women throwing novices around like bags of potatoes.

The McMann story was a legit article. I’ll see if I can find it.

That is disappointing she thinks that. I kind of liked her purity of motive you could say to be the best, but that's just some stupid crap right there. I would love to see the fight but I don't think it will happen.

Kayla-Harrison-by-the-IJF-2.jpg

Could two-time Olympic gold medalist Kayla Harrison be hyping herself as the next Ronda Rousey?

Well, it certainly looks that way.

In a recent interview with TMZ Sports Harrison, a world-class judoka who made her transition to mixed martial arts in 2018, said she would beat undefeated UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov (a sambo practitioner) in a Judo match.

“Am I gonna beat Khabib? I mean I think I would beat him in a Judo match. For sure, 100 percent. I would beat Khabib,” she said.

Ronda Rousey, a former judoka who won bronze in the 2008 Olympics, also spoke about facing several male fighters (including former UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez) until she lost her bantamweight title to betting underdog Holly Holm at UFC 193. With that said, there’s no denying that Rousey left her mark in MMA as one of the greatest UFC champions of all time.

As for Harrison, she has a long way to go before she reaches Ronda Rousey levels of notoriety but the 28-year-old has made a strong first impression, finishing all three of her bouts under the PFL banner by way of TKO or submission.

Harrison is expected to face Larissa Pacheco in the opening round of PFL’s million dollar eight-woman lightweight tournament, which kicks off tomorrow night, May 9 in New York.

--bloodyelbow.com

nope.

giphy.gif

Who was the female pro? Name?

Sorry. That’s not how it’s done friend. I’ve said enough to make the point. Unless it’s a matter of public record, anyone who trains will tell you stories like that are supposed to stop there.
Damn.

Holy lord... when this happened in 2015, I had read the name “Alex” and watched the video. 16 year old blue belt. Found some old Sherdog threads on it. We all assumed it was a boy (“Alex”, no breasts and spiked hair). Turns out Alex was short for Alexandria, and Sara lost to a 16 year old girl... and a blue belt at that.

Wow...

I stand corrected! It wasn’t a boy at all. Jesus. That’s sad.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/middlee...old-alex-enriquez-at-a-jiu-jitsu-tourney/amp/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
138cfh
Back