I wonder why Conor is so stiff and robotic when he fights?

Who cares. He has his own striking style and he's very successful with it in MMA. Why would you compare him to a kickboxer? And why does Nick Diaz have a different style than Robbie Lawler? Pointless thread.

Yeah you really can't criticize anything Conor did vs Aldo. So what he got hit, its a real fight not a fucking videogame. He landed the better strike, the end. He usually doesn't show that much movement, but that was an impressive performance. But there are different types of footwork and movement and RDA is pretty good in his own way.

Yeah you really can't criticize anything Conor did vs Aldo. So what he got hit, its a real fight not a fucking videogame. He landed the better strike, the end. He usually doesn't show that much movement, but that was an impressive performance. But there are different types of footwork and movement and RDA is pretty good in his own way.
There's no way he could have thrown that counter and avoided the left hand... it's risk reward.

Conor has great movement but it isn't boxing based - he's more or less a diversified Karate fighter. So he bounces and switches in and out of various stances as he moves.
Other way around. Conor is a boxer who uses the karate stance. Fun fact, Conor never took up Karate.

You obviously don't know a thing about fighting.

Mcgregor is the polar opposite of stiff and robotic.

I never see boxers or any other really good strikers be as robotic and stiff when they fight. The really good boxers and other strikers usually have very fluid movements along with very good foot work. Conor doesnt have any of that.

Conor seems to have feet that for the most part look like they are stuck in concrete or mud. When he does move it is very robotic and choppy as he doesn't possess that fluid hand or foot speed and movement that you see with boxers and good strikders.

I don't know anything about Conors striking background but what I do know is that he was never a boxer or high level kick boxer that is for sure.

I think you have RDA and Conor confused.

Conor is the guy with the beard.

There's no way he could have thrown that counter and avoided the left hand... it's risk reward.

A high level boxer could pivot into a check hook without being hit, but even in Boxing a proper check hook is pretty rare. No one in MMA has the timing to pull it off

If he was in a different position he wouldn't have landed that shot that is my point. Look at the punch slowed down...what more do you want from a counter strike? Conor was moving away and throwing the shot at the same time... you can't move backwards throw a punch and move your head and if you think you can then give me an example of that. Because Conor was moving backwards the power in Aldo's goes down quite a bit.
5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif

Technically he could have pivoted left with a hook, but ironically Aldo is the only MMA fighter i have seen properly do that lol

Technically he could have pivoted left with a hook, but ironically Aldo is the only MMA fighter i have seen properly do that lol

A high level boxer could pivot into a check hook without being hit, but even in Boxing a proper check hook is pretty rare. No one in MMA has the timing to pull it off
Pivoted left as he's taking a backstep? Show me any boxer that can hop straight back and throw a counter left and pivot out aswell. You're right, Conor could have pivoted out with a check hook but he chose to instead pull back and throw a left hand.

Also you have to remember that check hook only really work well when it's same stance, and also you need to think that check hooks are often thrown with the lead hand. When all the variables come together a check hook and pivot probably would have been a worse choice of punch in that sistuation.

Oh and btw...Pivot hooks are often used in MMA, it's just that a lot of people don't pick up on them.
pitbull_252Bpivot_252Bangle.gif

aldo-sidestep-lead-pivot-hook-lead.gif

RashHonestKiskadee.gif

Swanson+KO+1.gif

aldo-check-hook-2-counter.gif

tj-switch-cross-lead-check-hook-slow.gif

not sure if serious or trolling. but personally i think wonderboy and conor are the 2 most flowy!!

He was getting hit against Poirer? With what...little baby kicks? Conor was only tagged clean once in that fight and it is still one of the cleanest shots he's taken so far in the UFC, it chipped his tooth, but outside from that Dustin landed fuck all.

Conor was wide open for kicks vs both Poirier and Siver as a matter of fact. And RDA is a better & more powerful kicker than both of them. Conor may very well take RDA out brutally, but you fanboys need to accept he is hittable and flawed. Great fighter, but far from perfect.

Conor was wide open for kicks vs both Poirier and Siver as a matter of fact. And RDA is a better & more powerful kicker than both of them. Conor may very well take RDA out brutally, but you fanboys need to accept he is hittable and flawed. Great fighter, but far from perfect.
I never said he was perfect and I never said he isn't hittable. Those kicks that Dustin and Siver were hitting him with were not real kicks... they were used well to keep him guessing and in Siver's case to trip him but lets be honest they were't full power and they were'nt very effective.

TS is right Conor likes to brag about his 'mewvement' but it´s not all that, he is pretty much flat footed

TS is a fucking horrid poster. Representing the Conor haters really well.

Pivoted left as he's taking a backstep? Show me any boxer that can hop straight back and throw a counter left and pivot out aswell. You're right, Conor could have pivoted out with a check hook but he chose to instead pull back and throw a left hand.

Also you have to remember that check hook only really work well when it's same stance, and also you need to think that check hooks are often thrown with the lead hand. When all the variables come together a check hook and pivot probably would have been a worse choice of punch in that sistuation.

Oh and btw...Pivot hooks are often used in MMA, it's just that a lot of people don't pick up on them.
pitbull_252Bpivot_252Bangle.gif

aldo-sidestep-lead-pivot-hook-lead.gif

RashHonestKiskadee.gif

Swanson+KO+1.gif

aldo-check-hook-2-counter.gif

tj-switch-cross-lead-check-hook-slow.gif

None of those are really counter check hooks (or at least good ones). I am talking Floyd on Hatton perfect timed counters were they pivot out as the opponent swings aggressively, not hitting someone then pivoting after. Its VERY rare to see it done well in boxing and almost non existent in MMA. Aldo does it OK at times, but thats about it.

And all i was saying was that a well timed check hook was really the only way Conor was not getting hit and that no one in MMA would have had the skill to pull off a check hook in that situation. Conor made the right choice and if he tried the Check hook he probably would have missed. Don't be so defensive

Conor is more like a brawler with some punching power for the most part. Nothing wrong with that but it is what it is.

What the hell. Do you even know what a brawler is? Conor is one of the most in and out fighter in the roster, he hits without being hit. That's the opposite of a brawler.

I never see boxers or any other really good strikers be as robotic and stiff when they fight. The really good boxers and other strikers usually have very fluid movements along with very good foot work. Conor doesnt have any of that.

Conor seems to have feet that for the most part look like they are stuck in concrete or mud. When he does move it is very robotic and choppy as he doesn't possess that fluid hand or foot speed and movement that you see with boxers and good strikders.

I don't know anything about Conors striking background but what I do know is that he was never a boxer or high level kick boxer that is for sure.

I definitely get the impression of stiff and robotic when he is throwing spinning shit that looks like it would ruin your day.

Back