I will Buy a UFC PPV When...

L

luckyshot

Yes, $60 is too much. Yes, it is ridiculous for the UFC to expect fans to shell out $800+ per year to follow the sport.

HOWEVER, I WANT to support the sport and the fighters.

So I have reached this conclusion: I will purchase PPV's from now on if they feature five relevant fights. To make this objective, we will say fights between top 15 fighters.

So that's my stance: Give me 5 or more fights between top 15 fighters, and you get my $60.

How many people think this is a fair stance?

What would your criteria be?

if they are 5$ ill definitely consider, anything over that = rip off

Yes, $60 is too much. Yes, it is ridiculous for the UFC to expect fans to shell out $800+ per year to follow the sport.

HOWEVER, I WANT to support the sport and the fighters.

So I have reached this conclusion: I will purchase PPV's from now on if they feature five relevant fights. To make this objective, we will say fights between top 15 fighters.

So that's my stance: Give me 5 or more fights between top 15 fighters, and you get my $60.

How many people think this is a fair stance? How many would agree with it?

Hahaha. You might have to wait a long time because the UFC has been putting lame matchups on PPV Main Cards like Ring vs Camozzi and Colin Fletcher vs Ricci.

I agree though. PPV cards should be stacked.

I'll never buy one.

The price is way too high for way too little. Actual fight times is pretty low, not to mention the caliber of cards that are PPV nowadays.

Either they lower the price by quite a bit or I'll always find other ways of watching.

when they realize that blanket wrestlers have no place on the main card, I'll get that card.

I assume the UFC has done some analysis to get the biggest amount of money per event and set the price of a PPV accordingly. That's really what they're after.

Could be a mis-guided assumption though

I guess 173 missed by just 1 fight and 174 missed by 1 fighter, huh?

so you wouldn't buy 4 top 15 bouts and A Silva v Cung Le?

i buy less PPV's than i used to. and don't illegally stream either. i'm too busy to watch it all. but when i'm free and there's a decent ppv, i buy it.

If there is one good fight that people want to see badly, Dana will strip the ppv of other top fights to create more cards so they can bank more.

Rip Pride.

Get creative, go to the venue and hook up spy cams so you can watch it for free.

so you wouldn't buy 4 top 15 bouts and A Silva v Cung Le?

i buy less PPV's than i used to. and don't illegally stream either. i'm too busy to watch it all. but when i'm free and there's a decent ppv, i buy it.

Clearly TS is not a real fight fan.

If there is one good fight that people want to see badly, Dana will strip the ppv of other top fights to create more cards so they can bank more.

Rip Pride.

This is true! UFC 151 was an example of this. I'll be interested to see the jones vs Gus 2 card looks like.

$5 is reasonable for a crappy watered down event (every UFC PPV). $60 is fucking preposterous. I mean no disrespect but who the fuck is T.J. Dillashaw? I cant even tell you how this guy looks like and he is headlining a UFC PPV

Back