I will Buy a UFC PPV When...

Jeez when u put it in context, what u guys have to pay for ppv's in the US is horrific.

Here in the uk, soccer fans complain about season ticket prices that are the equivalent of the $800 u mentioned, but that's for games in the flesh in the stadium!

$60 is far too much. I wouldn't pay it either

Here the average price of Seahawks season tickets is $900 and we only get 8 games! How many home games are on a soccer season I'm curious about the comparison?

Jeez when u put it in context, what u guys have to pay for ppv's in the US is horrific.

Here in the uk, soccer fans complain about season ticket prices that are the equivalent of the $800 u mentioned, but that's for games in the flesh in the stadium!

$60 is far too much. I wouldn't pay it either
Im not sure why everyone says there 60 dollars. Ive ordered every PPV i can remeber and other than UFC 168 when i payed 50 dollars, i pay 45 bucks

The local BMW dealership excludes them too.

Ok, And?.... I'm speaking from a perspective to benefit both fan and promotion. As middle-class continues to fall into lower-class (and will continue), the UFC will become exclusive to the minority with money, excluding the avg American.

As a low-income fighter, I can't afford to watch my own sport. And as the country rots, it's disgusting to see people like you cheer this ugly side of capitalism that disregards the direction of the economy. Tell me, are you a fan of Wal-Mart?

$5 is reasonable for a crappy watered down event (every UFC PPV). $60 is fucking preposterous. I mean no disrespect but who the fuck is T.J. Dillashaw? I cant even tell you how this guy looks like and he is headlining a UFC PPV

You aren't a real MMA fan thats why. Real MMA fans know whoever this little guy is and all the fantastic stuff he hasn't done.

Ok, And?.... I'm speaking from a perspective to benefit both fan and promotion. As middle-class continues to fall into lower-class (and will continue), the UFC will become exclusive to the minority with money, excluding the avg American.

As a low-income fighter, I can't afford to watch my own sport. And as the country rots, it's disgusting to see people like you cheer this ugly side of capitalism that disregards the direction of the economy. Tell me, are you a fan of Wal-Mart?

I was joking and you took that rather seriously.

No, not a fan of Walmart.

It wasn't even capitalism that made the Fertitta family fortune. Google Fertitta, skim, fbi wiretap, and see what you find.
And I don't believe for one second that it's any coincidence that one of them had a seat on the commission, and that the commission flatly denied SEG but worked with Zuffa.
And Ultimate Poker being issued one of the first (and few) online gaming licenses is suspicious to me. Yea, sure, give it to the billionaires.

And just to take it a step further, I would have no problem with tax rates on the same level as leading EU nations.

If you cared so much about the fighters you would still pay for the PPVs. Now you are contributing 0%. I'm sure the fighters would rather get 20 or 25% than nothing. Go back to getting high.

You keep paying your cute little monthly UFC bills where the money is going nowhere but Lorenzo and Dana's pockets.

get a job
According to government numbers, I am "solidly middle class." But I am still DAMN sure not going to pay $60 indiscriminately.
so you wouldn't buy 4 top 15 bouts and A Silva v Cung Le?
I would buy that. Sure. I am not trying to be rigid.

Clearly TS is not a real fight fan.
I have been watching MMA since early 2000's and have rarely missed a card... but if being a "real fan" means ponying up $800 per year for mediocrity, then I am definitely not. Funny how you can be a "real fan" of every other sport without throwing money away, though.

Why do you even begin to believe (or just merely think) that any of us even cares?
images

I'm sure Dana hears you, cares, and is working on it as we speak.
Successful business strategy is :
a) adapt to the demands of your consumer base
b) call everyone a fucking goof
c) shut down the fucking internet
d) both "b" and "c," you fucking goof

The local BMW dealership excludes them too.
Last time I checked the UFC was sponsored by Harley Davidson, not BMW, and its target demographic was 18-35 year-olds, not 55 year-olds with shirinkled dicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
images

successful business strategy is :
A) adapt to the demands of your consumer base

last time i checked the ufc was sponsored by harley davidson, not bmw, and its target demographic was 18-35 year-olds, not 55 year-olds with shirinkled dicks.

i gotta admit these last 3 responses were quite good, kudos.
I quit "paying" for ppv's when the ufc consistently put out watery cards.
I would pony up for a card like ufc100 in a heartbeat.

i gotta admit these last 3 responses were quite good, kudos.
I quit "paying" for ppv's when the ufc consistently put out watery cards.
I would pony up for a card like ufc100 in a heartbeat.

Thanks. Of course, the mods moved this to the Wasteland because the fact that the UFC's PPV buy rate is down by 2/3 is totally irrelevant to "serious" discussion of the sport.

$5 is reasonable for a crappy watered down event (every UFC PPV). $60 is fucking preposterous. I mean no disrespect but who the fuck is T.J. Dillashaw? I cant even tell you how this guy looks like and he is headlining a UFC PPV

The Champ. :)

...Never. Not that great of a sport in general and rather hunt for a stream than pay 60 bucks

Why do you even begin to believe (or just merely think) that any of us even cares?

#blueknowsirony

I buy them all with my survival hard earned blue collar money, hoping that Cowboy can buy a 9th 4wheeler if he wins.

I laughed.

Successful business strategy is :
a) adapt to the demands of your consumer base

I cried. Awesome.

Back