I will Buy a UFC PPV When...

Listen, you're a goof. I'm sick of these stupid, negative internet fans. They didn't agree when GSP was getting shit on by the president or when that pathetic reem guy barely beat a former UFC champ with a pea sized heart. pfft, So much negativity. So you want Vegas blackjack dealers to get tipped the same amount of money as prelims fighters make and not more? They have families and risk their health too.

What the hell is wrong with you people? They give you fight pa$$, They only raised the PPV prices that one time last year, cuz. You goofs probably don't even pay for the UFC fight club. We don't need you idiots. You probably suck like that Jay Heiron guy who co-main evented a UFC card. They are trying to fight the the law in Florida to keep pay % unknown, and you morons wont help? You probably like that Bjork guy I bet.

Sherdoggers spend all day and all night whinging about the fighter pay, when they don't even purchase anything UFC related to help the fighters make more money.

A new low.

Listen, you're a goof. I'm sick of these stupid, negative internet fans. They didn't agree when GSP was getting shit on by the president or when that pathetic reem guy barely beat a former UFC champ with a pea sized heart. pfft, So much negativity. So you want Vegas blackjack dealers to get tipped the same amount of money as prelims fighters make and not more? They have families and risk their health too.

What the hell is wrong with you people? They give you fight pa$$, They only raised the PPV prices that one time last year, cuz. You goofs probably don't even pay for the UFC fight club. We don't need you idiots. You probably suck like that Jay Heiron guy who co-main evented a UFC card. They are trying to fight the the law in Florida to keep pay % unknown, and you morons wont help? You probably like that Bjork guy I bet.

you mad bro?

$5 is reasonable for a crappy watered down event (every UFC PPV). $60 is fucking preposterous. I mean no disrespect but who the fuck is T.J. Dillashaw? I cant even tell you how this guy looks like and he is headlining a UFC PPV

Just wait till you see UFC 174

Yes, $60 is too much. Yes, it is ridiculous for the UFC to expect fans to shell out $800+ per year to follow the sport.

HOWEVER, I WANT to support the sport and the fighters.

So I have reached this conclusion: I will purchase PPV's from now on if they feature five relevant fights. To make this objective, we will say fights between top 15 fighters.

So that's my stance: Give me 5 or more fights between top 15 fighters, and you get my $60.

How many people think this is a fair stance?

What would your criteria be?

Why do you even begin to believe (or just merely think) that any of us even cares?

I don't think you will be buying any card anytime soon.

I bought every PPV from 2005 to about 2011. I watched every card I could watch in pretty much every organization. The number of events increasing and watered down cards increasing, along with buying a house in 2011 all put a stop to purchasing cards.

Even if I did have disposable income, I really don't think I would buy PPV's this day in age. $60 is 4 tickets to an IMAX theater to see a badass movie on opening weekend that comes to Blu Ray several months later, as opposed to a PPV card that I could just watch gifs of on Sherdog the next day if I was not home to "ARRRRGH".

I don't get how today's cards can be considered watered down when guys like James Irvin, Alessio Sakara, Assuerio Silva (no prior fights in the UFC), Justin Eilers, Alvin Robinson, Kevin Jordan, Branden Lee Hinkle, Brian Gassaway, Eric Schafer, and Houston Alexander used to fight on the main card of PPVs.

I buy them all with my survival hard earned blue collar money, hoping that Cowboy can buy a 9th 4wheeler if he wins.

Why do you even begin to believe (or just merely think) that any of us even cares?

Because this is a glaring problem. PPV prices exclude low-income fans. The price should be $19.95 at most, not the cost of a monthly electric bill. I'd hate to estimate the low-income fans to middle/upper class proportion, but it's got to be half or more.

So if half the UFC's fanbase can't afford to watch the most important fights of the year, what can become of this besides more illegal streaming and the failure of UFC growth?

Yes, $60 is too much. Yes, it is ridiculous for the UFC to expect fans to shell out $800+ per year to follow the sport.

HOWEVER, I WANT to support the sport and the fighters.

So I have reached this conclusion: I will purchase PPV's from now on if they feature five relevant fights. To make this objective, we will say fights between top 15 fighters.

So that's my stance: Give me 5 or more fights between top 15 fighters, and you get my $60.

How many people think this is a fair stance?

What would your criteria be?

I'm sure Dana hears you, cares, and is working on it as we speak.

So many bars you can go to and see PPV's for $5-10. I usually do that.
And you don't have to hear any biased commentary either.

I don't get how today's cards can be considered watered down when guys like James Irvin, Alessio Sakara, Assuerio Silva (no prior fights in the UFC), Justin Eilers, Alvin Robinson, Kevin Jordan, Branden Lee Hinkle, Brian Gassaway, Eric Schafer, and Houston Alexander used to fight on the main card of PPVs.

Many of the UFC cards during the Pride days were watered down because they didn't have most of the top talent. Pride had the talent and put on killer stacked cards.

The UFC has most of the talent now (after buying out Strikeforce, WEC, Pride) and doesn't have a valid excuse to put fights like Colin Fletcher vs Ricci and Ring vs Camozzi on the Main Card of a PPV/

I'm never buying one.

Pay Per View is an outdated ripoff tactic and I'll never support it.

Many of the UFC cards during the Pride days were watered down because they didn't have most of the top talent. Pride had the talent and put on killer stacked cards.

The UFC has most of the talent now (after buying out Strikeforce, WEC, Pride) and doesn't have a valid excuse to put fights like Colin Fletcher vs Ricci and Ring vs Camozzi on the Main Card of a PPV/

Those fights happened more than a year ago and most of those guys are cut from the UFC why are you harping on that fact?

UFC 173 has 8/10 fighters ranked in the top-10 and multiple top-5 guys.

How is that not stacked enough? I'm legit confused. I don't know how you can get much more stacked than that other than obviously making a better first fight but they're trying to create new contenders, every PPV should have one fight like that it's a good business practice in combat sports.

When fighters get over 50% of the revenue.

If you cared so much about the fighters you would still pay for the PPVs. Now you are contributing 0%. I'm sure the fighters would rather get 20 or 25% than nothing. Go back to getting high.

Jeez when u put it in context, what u guys have to pay for ppv's in the US is horrific.

Here in the uk, soccer fans complain about season ticket prices that are the equivalent of the $800 u mentioned, but that's for games in the flesh in the stadium!

$60 is far too much. I wouldn't pay it either

Back