I watched "The Usual Suspects" for the first time last night (spoilers)

Not sure why but I knew it was the guy being interviewed fairly early. Still good

The film spent enough timing building up Verbal that it's pretty obvious what the ending was within the first 45 minutes or so. I never understood how it was such a mind-blowing ending for most people.

That said, it's a damn good movie either way. 8/10 would watch on Netflix.

The film spent enough timing building up Verbal that it's pretty obvious what the ending was within the first 45 minutes or so. I never understood how it was such a mind-blowing ending for most people.

That said, it's a damn good movie either way. 8/10 would watch on Netflix.

I didn't know it was coming, but i never understood why people thought it was so awesome that he was just reading things on walls to make up his story. I always thought that was goofy.

It was like if the punchline of Die Hard was "Bill Clay". It's not going to blow me away.

Does a movie from 1995 really need a spoiler alert? LOL

Whoever told you the movie is just as enjoyable by knowing the end, well that was probably Kaiser Soze because you got duped son. Other movies try to imitate endings like that because it was so well done. The Usual Suspects pulled it off without being over the top or cliche- every other movie seems to come up short in that department.

Saw that in theaters in high school knowing absolutely nothing about it. It was pretty awesome.

I always hate talking about this movie because people like it so much and i think it's dumb as hell. It's not bad, but it's not very good to begin with...and then the twist is so, so dumb.

I agree.

TUS was very well acted, but it infuriated me that the whole movie, the entire story, was pretty much bullshit. It's one of those stories that sounds good as an idea, but comes off as cheap storytelling on the screen.

I really - REALLY! - hate unreliable narrators. A nice, well-written twist at the end is one thing (like The Sixth Sense or Unbreakable) - but to have most, if not all, of the entire story I just spent two hours watching be a great big lie, that pisses me off.

I really - REALLY! - hate unreliable narrators. A nice, well-written twist at the end is one thing (like The Sixth Sense or Unbreakable) - but to have most, if not all, of the entire story I just spent two hours watching be a great big lie, that pisses me off.

so then you don't like Fight Club or American Psycho??? yeah, whatever, go watch the Borne Identity or the Notebook

so then you don't like Fight Club or American Psycho??? yeah, whatever, go watch the Borne Identity or the Notebook

Fight Club was good but predictable. I figured out he was not real long before the reveal. To me that falls more into the twist category, because all that stuff actually happened to Norton's character, just he was doing it to himself.

American Psycho started good, but the ending was stupid, and that whole is this real or is he just crazy thing annoys me.

The Bourne Identity and The Notebook were both very good films. You should not disparage them.

Fight Club was good but predictable. I figured out he was not real long before the reveal. To me that falls more into the twist category, because all that stuff actually happened to Norton's character, just he was doing it to himself.

American Psycho started good, but the ending was stupid, and that whole is this real or is he just crazy thing annoys me.

The Bourne Identity and The Notebook were both very good films. You should not disparage them.

so you are going to lie about figuring out fight club, then disparage 2 great movies which get very good reviews

and then say shit like bourne and notebook were good. you are either a troll or a 9 year old girl.

so you are going to lie about figuring out fight club, then disparage 2 great movies which get very good reviews

and then say shit like bourne and notebook were good. you are either a troll or a 9 year old girl.

^Rustlemania

I still enjoy it and have watched it numerous times. It's a really good crime film even without the twist.

What always wows me about The Usual Suspects is how well Kevin Pollack played a rugged criminal.

eh didnt the creator of american psycho pretty much say bateman really did kill all those people

Great movie. It's never as good as the first time watching it, but it's still fun re-watching it

The only problem I have with this movie is the plot holes.
First of all Verbal is caught doing petty crimes like fraud, which is not only beneath his level, but stupid getting caught considering he is a criminal mastermind from Turkey or Hungary or whatever.

Secondly, the whole goddamn point was to assassinate a guy who could identify him? Why would he go on his own mission, when he supposedly runs an organization? Did Verbal just make up that he runs an organization?
How did Verbal 'win'? He went through all that trouble and now the whole world knows his ID. So now he has to disappear, same thing as if the whole movie didnt start in the first place.

It's been a long long time since I watched the show. I remember being "wowed" by it. But I think:
1. Kyser orchestrated the whole petty bust by using his organization
2. Verbal went through the whole thing to get immunity.. If Kyser ever gets picked up again under suspicion of any wrongdoing regarding this event, he has the security of his/Verbal's immunity.

It was a good movie with a nice twist at the end. But once you know the ending that spoils it.

Seven is another Spacey movie with an ending that came out of nowhere. Check it out if you haven't already. Also from 1995

The guy who flicked his cigarette in Baldwins face is an even bigger loser in real life. He blew all his money from his role in The Mask and Usual Suspects on coke and heroin and was homeless, living on peoples couches in malibu. My friend couldn't get him out.

The guy who flicked his cigarette in Baldwins face is an even bigger loser in real life. He blew all his money from his role in The Mask and Usual Suspects on coke and heroin and was homeless, living on peoples couches in malibu. My friend couldn't get him out.

Zed?

Doubt he made a killing off those films. Atleast nothing that would make someone say "he blew it" as if he made anything that could have set him for life. Hell, he was uncredited for The Usual Suspects which could mean he did the role for free, and by SAG rules(atleast in the 90's), an unpaid actor can't be credited.

Great movie. It's never as good as the first time watching it, but it's still fun re-watching it

I agree.

Also, its an overrated film but it does take the audience on a fun mystery thriller ride.

I am the one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back