I watched "The Usual Suspects" for the first time last night (spoilers)

Lights Out 101

Living Deliciously
@Black
Reaction score
Overall I thought it was a pretty solid movie, 8/10. I don't know, I think I was just expecting to be more blown away by it. To be honest though, I knew the ending before I saw it due to me venturing in to the movie spoilers thread that was posted here the other day.

I heard that knowing the ending doesn't really hinder the enjoyment of it though, since we get to see how devious KS is.

Knowing the ending definitely spoils the movie. The ending is what makes the Usual Suspects when of the most climatic thrillers ever. When Agent Coulhan (spelling) comes to realize he was talking down to Kaiser Soze and getting played like a harp from hell. You'd would've raked it 9.25/10 if you didn't know what was what.

the experience without knowing the ending is far more satisfying imo.

Though its also a great movie to watch a 2nd,3rd or 4th time

Knowing it totally ruins the experience. It's a really cool movie, though, with a lot of replay value.

Of course knowing the ending hinders the enjoyment. The movie is built around it.

the first watch was the most enjoyable, re-watches are still good but just not the same

I still can not understand the final argument that Kevin Spacey gets into with the cop where the cop offers him protection/immunity or something, and Spacey starts crying and inexplicably says the cops can't protect him and then as he leaves says "fucking cops."

I always thought that whole argument to end the conversation made no sense

the first watch was the most enjoyable, re-watches are still good but just not the same

I still can not understand the final argument that Kevin Spacey gets into with the cop where the cop offers him protection/immunity or something, and Spacey starts crying and inexplicably says the cops can't protect him and then as he leaves says "fucking cops."

i like the first half hour on re watches. Fenster kills it

he flip ya, he flip ya for real

He was trying to keep up the helpless loser persona of Verbal Kint, IMO.

Didn't wanna break kayfabe.

"Is that the one about the hooker with the dysentery?"

gimmedafuckinkeysyacocksucker
in english
whatsdat?
in ENGLISH
gimmedafuckinkeys yacocksucker whatdafuck

Overall I thought it was a pretty solid movie, 8/10. I don't know, I think I was just expecting to be more blown away by it. To be honest though, I knew the ending before I saw it due to me venturing in to the movie spoilers thread that was posted here the other day.

I heard that knowing the ending doesn't really hinder the enjoyment of it though, since we get to see how devious KS is.

yeah usual suspects is the kind of movie where you really can't have any spoilers goign in. Definitely the first movie I watched that blew my mind with the twist, i was like 10 at the time and watched the movie like 10 times in a row.

He was trying to keep up the helpless loser persona of Verbal Kint, IMO.

Didn't wanna break kayfabe.

hmmm maybe its just me then, I always got this vibe that Verbals just freaking out at the cop but for like no reason at all and just comes out of nowhere

A question for those who watched it without knowing the ending, did you all really not suspect it could have been Verbal at all? He's by far the most interesting character in the movie which means he has to be the most obvious culprit.

that's how it was for me watching The Sixth Sense for the first time. some fucking WHORE spoiled it for me and now I will never know what it was like to experience that twist at the end. WHORE.

I may got some flack for this comment, but I can't help but feel dissapointed with the whole character of Keyser Soze. I get that he's supposed to be the ultimate villain of mythical proportions with how he kills his family (if that even happened), but when he's presented to us on screen (when we don't see his face) he just seems more like a cartoon character. I guess I was just expecting him to be more eery and sinister.

Also, it was quite a bit of a coincidence with Kobayashi being a real person AND his name randomly written on the bottom of the mug at the end. Unless he was a real person and KS just changed his name to the name on the mug to protect his identity.

Last edited:
I didn't see it til maybe only 6-7 years ago. Knowing the ending didn't spoil it.

I may got some flack for this comment, but I can't help but feel dissapointed with the whole character of Keyser Soze. I get that he's supposed to be the ultimate villain of mythical proportions with how he kills his family (if that even happened), but when he's presented to us on screen (when we don't see his face) he just seems more like a cartoon character. I guess I was just expecting him to be more eery and sinister.

Also, it was quite a bit of a coincidence with Kobayashi being a real person AND his name randomly written on the bottom of the mug at the end. Unless he was a real person and KS just changed his name to the name on the mug to protect his identity.

KS changed his name to mid fook the agent.
Also Kaiser was a mastermind he made himself out to be the boogeyman to keep his underlings living in fear.

lol @ 'spoilers' in the thread title..

Back